I win the game with corners.

After reading about this bug i went for the middle ground. Did not want to exploit this tactic too much so set one of my defenders to near post flick on and the other to challenge keeper. Sometimes they fly in however sometimes the flick on goes wrong - top scoring defender netted 6 in a season. I feel this is far more realistic but will sometimes lead to a goal. Not sure if you would class this as cheating or not?

I think the computer must be using this bug against me to be honest, I've conceded 6 goals from corners in 7 games so far in Portuguese premier league. Although I am being horrifically spanked all round most games icon_biggrin.gif

I really haven't experienced this and my top scoring defender has 8 and that's the highest any of them have scored in 4 seasons.

If i'm honest I even tried to exploit the "bug/cheat" in the Chapions League Semis agaisnt Liverpool and put 3 men at near post and 3 on challenge keeper. I didn't score from any of my 11 corners.

I tend to find the CB will score a hat trick against weak teams and not in big games, so not really much of an issue either way. Makes up for near post flick farce and the well known tactic to avoid this was then not picked up in latest patch.

Prefer a balanced corner set up but will take any help I can get, as the AI still have the the players and tactics to make 424 work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Wow, you've really discovered something new here. No-one else had realised that a lot of goals get scored from corners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I've got to say I noticed a distinct lack of goals from corners from my Bremen centre-backs in the Champions League against big teams. In the league we scored 22 from corners (which is a little over the top, but not idiotically excessive like some people are getting so I'm happy enough with it), and of course none of them were against Bayern Munich.

I have the same thing with my coventry team, my highest score is Breno my C/Back who has scored 13 gls from 20 games all from corners, on average I score 1.5 goals per game from corners, I am always top score from corners, and also top scorers fro I/D free kicks on the stats bars that come up while results are processing.

Hi mate, just read your post, I think you need to have Breno in the side he costs about 5mill from Bayern and he scores for fun another good scoring C/Back is Alex Silva. on patch 8.02 large database.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Yeah, I've got to say I noticed a distinct lack of goals from corners from my Bremen centre-backs in the Champions League against big teams. In the league we scored 22 from corners (which is a little over the top, but not idiotically excessive like some people are getting so I'm happy enough with it), and of course none of them were against Bayern Munich. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bytheway:

Mid March 2011

Mamadou Sakho Apps 46(1) Gls 32

Best Defender on the game at this time. cost me 20 mil beginning of the season icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got him on a free transfer. icon_wink.gif

Archived