I wouldnt Blame SI if...

They stopped making Football Management games after 09...The amount off abuse these poor guys have taken over the past few days is unreal.

At the end off the day its only a bloody game people its not the end off the world. Yea an amazing game at that!

But come on is their really need for all this fighting over a game yes the game has a few problems but they are getting fixed SI haven't just up and left the game as it is! They are trying their hardest to get it work. One example is the Mac patch sure they said it would be out yesterday but look things happen and things go wrong! I would rather have a beautiful game than a half assed patch.

They also don't need to give the community this much info and hands on about what is going on...Name one company who is always talking to the community because hell I can't think off one!

At the end off the day the guys at SI games are doing a Job and people seem to forget this. How would you like it if somebody give you abuse as much as these guys are getting!.

I just want to say I am behind all the guys at SI Games in my opinion FM 09 is great yeah their is the odd problem but I can wait it doesn't affect my game a tall.

Keep working guys I appreciate what you do :)!

People expecting to pay money for something and getting it in return. How shocking. Whatever next? People demanding when they ask for money out the ATM it does more than just lower their balance?

Please. Get a grip. If my job title says that I have to achieve something and I fail to do it properly then I'd expect to get sacked, or moved into an area I can do less damage. Bugs in FM09 are things that have been in 07 and 08. Or ever worse, things that were in previous version, patched out, then have re-appeared.

Yes the authorisation problems weren't SIs fault (although they could have chosen not to implement an authorisation system) but the litany of bugs in the game solely are there fault.

Pay money, get working goods. It's how Capitalism has worked since the dawn of time.

Ok, a lot of the abuse has been OTT, but a lot of it is justified.

VB

SI dropped the ball this time, and have taken a lot of stick, but at the same time they have produced another excellent game.

They probably knew all along this release would be a "CM4" rather than a "CM03/04", it's the price they pay for innovating.

However, they also knew it'd mean a better game (and more money) in the long term.

I still have a lot of faith in SI, and I'm sure they still have plenty of faith in the community. We've forgiven them worse things in the past, and they've always more than made up for it with the following release.

Your post is actually insulting, but you raise a number of points.

For starters:

At the end off the day its only a bloody game people its not the end off the world. Yea an amazing game at that!

This is the worst argument to use in the world; of course it's only a game, and in the scheme of things nothing is important - not this game, SI, you, humanity, etc...What exactly does that even mean? That we shouldn't care about anything that *isn't* the end of the world? Amazing.

But come on is their really need for all this fighting over a game yes the game has a few problems but they are getting fixed SI haven't just up and left the game as it is! They are trying their hardest to get it work. One example is the Mac patch sure they said it would be out yesterday but look things happen and things go wrong! I would rather have a beautiful game than a half assed patch.

Ok, since when is it the consumers' fault that a bugged piece of software is released? How am *I* to blame that the activation process has been a shambles? It's not my problem that SI and Sega have gone down this road with DRM, yet many people who have paid good money are unable to play. And consider that not everybody considers it a beautiful game by a long-stretch.

They also don't need to give the community this much info and hands on about what is going on...Name one company who is always talking to the community because hell I can't think off one![/quiote]

Then you clearly don't go to a lot of other websites. Go to the Stardock forums, for example, and you'll see plenty of input from the devs to the community, help with modding and stuff. SI are by no means unique in the fact that they are active on their own forum.

At the end off the day the guys at SI games are doing a Job and people seem to forget this. How would you like it if somebody give you abuse as much as these guys are getting!.

I just want to say I am behind all the guys at SI Games in my opinion FM 09 is great yeah their is the odd problem but I can wait it doesn't affect my game a tall.

Keep working guys I appreciate what you do :)!

*sigh* Yes, SI are doing a job and are trying to sell a product. The fact that it required a patch on day 1 to address some major bugs indicates it wasn't finished. Again, as a consumer, how is the *my* problem? I expect to buy a product that works straight away without fault. For many that hasn't been the case. And this isn't solely a problem limited to SI by any means, although history has shown that often they have had to address things with a day 1 patch - maybe a change should be made to the release schedule in future?

Finally:

They stopped making Football Management games after 09...The amount off abuse these poor guys have taken over the past few days is unreal.

I actually agree that some of the abuse has been uncalled-for and stepped-over the line, and that kind of behaviour shouldn't be tolerated. But again, SI have released something that needed a bit more work, and people have paid money in good faith. If they can't access the game due to the DRM fiasco or aren't able to get the patch, aren't they entitled to at least *constructively* express disapproval?

I still think they need to skip a release or even release it in time for the January sales so that they can properly fix all the bugs that are present before they release it.

Since FM07 they've introduced feature after feature which don't work properly, while not properly addressing underlying problems. As a result, you have new features that don't work as intended, and you've got old bugs which have been around since FM06 in some cases that look like they will never be fixed.

It would do SI so much good next year to have a game released that does not instantly need a patch, or a second patch, or a third patch. At the moment, FM09 is, in my opinion, badly in need of a second patch to address some of the match engine issues, most of which are blindingly obvious and I still can't get my head around how/why they were missed by the testers or ignored by the higher ups.

For me, FM09 should have been released just before Christmas - that extra month or so of development could have really given the guys the time to add some much needed polish and to fix some of the more annoying issues.

I still think they need to skip a release or even release it in time for the January sales so that they can properly fix all the bugs that are present before they release it.

Since FM07 they've introduced feature after feature which don't work properly, while not properly addressing underlying problems. As a result, you have new features that don't work as intended, and you've got old bugs which have been around since FM06 in some cases that look like they will never be fixed.

It would do SI so much good next year to have a game released that does not instantly need a patch, or a second patch, or a third patch. At the moment, FM09 is, in my opinion, badly in need of a second patch to address some of the match engine issues, most of which are blindingly obvious and I still can't get my head around how/why they were missed by the testers or ignored by the higher ups.

For me, FM09 should have been released just before Christmas - that extra month or so of development could have really given the guys the time to add some much needed polish and to fix some of the more annoying issues.

Let's see how well it goes for the other franchise. The postponed release to April. probably also not to compete always with SI at the same season of the year but quality issues are mentioned for the longer cycle.

Let's see how well it goes for the other franchise. The postponed release to April. probably also not to compete always with SI at the same season of the year but quality issues are mentioned for the longer cycle.

Well they badly needed it. They haven't produced a passable match engine yet in any of their releases, and they severely needed one for pro-zone to be implemented properly. I think if the next version of that game is good, SI will have to delay their release a bit. Here's hoping, anyway. Competition is always good for the customer :)

SI don't need to do it as badly as BGS yet, but they're getting closer and closer to that state with each release.

The only people who pay £30 for this game are the same people who are dumb/lazy enough to pay £40 for Xbox Live. :rolleyes:

£35 if you went to pcworld :D

going off topic a bit, but this is another reason why gaming industries suffer from piracy - the world is into recession, yet most publishers are raising RRP's instead of cutting them. £55 RRP for a console game!

Archived