3d u loose 2d you'll win - old wives tale?

i have a 2 friends playing fm and wasnt going to mention anything about this but it just happens iv spoke to both friends seperatly and both mentioned to me that neither of them watch the 3d pitch because it increases the chance of loosing/conceding.

anyone else found this?

its hard to judge for me as i manage newcastle

Although I find that if I watch the match I get about 2 or 3 goals, whereas in text only mode I can score loads.

Ok, entirely without factual basis, but it happens often enough that something is going on.

strange, im 110% with ya on this theory

did u make that up yourself or did daddy help ya?

It is correct if you make no changes to your side - just swapping views does not alter anything.

The engine runs the whole game when you click to goto the match, then if you change something it calculates it from that point to the end again. So maybe you need to ask your daddy about it?

No need for morninc replies Domathon...

What I meant was to a certain extent the result is pre-determined, stats of one team measured up against the stats of their opposition. Of course any changes made during the game will have an effect, but changing from 2D to 3D will have not effect whatsoever.

No need for morninc replies Domathon...

What I meant was to a certain extent the result is pre-determined, stats of one team measured up against the stats of their opposition. Of course any changes made during the game will have an effect, but changing from 2D to 3D will have not effect whatsoever.

better than your last post , would of been better to have gone into more depth with your 1st post because from reading that to the above, you've contradicted yourself so far up the mountain your on the bottom of the otherside, anyway i dont want my thread turning into a heated debate.

are we onto something here...

did u make that up yourself or did daddy help ya?

No SI confirmed it some time ago.

If you click play, make absolutely zero input to the match, the score will be whatever the game has decided it's going to be.

Every time you make an adjustment it recalculates. But the thing is we never know what score it has calculated, so even if you're 3-0 down with 10 minutes to play, it could have already decided that you will make a massive comeback. So if you do make a change it might stop that comeback. Or it might help make a comeback that wasn't otherwise going to happen. We just don't know.

The only way this information is of any use is if someone works out how to find out what it thinks the final score will be before kickoff.

A few versions ago if a player got injured during the match you could click their name during the game and it would say "injured during team xs 2-0 win over teamy" or something. So you could find it out. But they removed that, so we don't know.

So a little less baseless abuse in future eh :)

VB

There is also another trick to win the game easily - all you need to do is to hoover your mouse pointer above the referee, if you do it above the linesman then you are more likely to get away with some offsides.

Do you have to stand on one leg at the same time? ;)

No way, it must be true!!! If not it will ruin my tactic!!

It was also confirmed that clapping with one hand during the team talk increases your chances by 18%

I plug in the USB hairdryer for my half-time team talk / rant

ok having played now 3/4 of a season, half on 3d and half on commentary, I can safely say, its down to tactics and the AI taking the mick is urban myth !

I did start a thread similar, but I have now decided, whatever you do, the outcome is the same :D my arsenal team suck !

Archived