I feel sorry for SI

Im having no joy installing my game, I am as peed off as the rest of you, was up until 3am this morning trying to get it sorted, but I still feel sorry for SI.

There is no way that they knew they were gonna encounter these type of problems, and like the rest of us are genuine fans of FM.

So lets all just show a little patience, I know SI and the rest are working hard to rectify these problems.

Show your support fellow fm'ers

Im having no joy installing my game, I am as peed off as the rest of you, was up until 3am this morning trying to get it sorted, but I still feel sorry for SI.

There is no way that they knew they were gonna encounter these type of problems, and like the rest of us are genuine fans of FM.

So lets all just show a little patience, I know SI and the rest are working hard to rectify these problems.

Show your support fellow fm'ers

Wow. I made the exact same thread yesterday. I feel sorry for SI too, but most of the problems have been fixed, which is good.

Hear, hear!

I'm not getting my copy until Tuesday or Wednesday anyway.

That's what you get for not wanting to be the first kid in class to be able to say 'I'm already playing FM09 and you're not, ner ner'.

Patience is a virtue :cool:

George Spurs - are you not talking about problems with another company, other than SI who are the developers of the game not the publishers or DRM/activation chaps? The whole thing has been annoying, but those responsible (if it is something that can be attributed to people and not some major hardware failure) should receive your glare.

SI certainly dont deserve any abuse :-/

I think the vast majority got the game installed and running just fine, but of course - those people don't come to the forums to make a noise about that :D

No doubt there are lessons to be learned, but SI aren't frightened of standing up and admitting where mistakes have been made; it's that attitude that's partly the reason why we all love SI and FM so much. I just wish people would remember that there are real people behind the scenes, and try to be a bit more constructive or less aggressive!

Im not gonna get into a debate about the legality of the situation, Im still struggling to get the patch sorted, I have absolultly no idea what I am doin, the game loads from my desktop, but it needs the patch. With regards to steam, I have no idea there, when i click on the launch button it tells me I can play the game in 13hrs.

Just remember that SI are good guys, they wouldn't have known this was gonna happen, they are gonna feel embarrassed by the whole **** up, and rightly so. But when all is said and done it is just a game, a life addictive, makes me miss the fresh air addictive, but a game none the less.

DevonSpurs - if you are using Steam, that service should auto download the patch. You'll be able to check when you load the game up and see the version number.

Alternatively look in here: blah blah wherever you installed - \Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\data\updates

Should see a '910' folder

I think the vast majority got the game installed and running just fine, but of course - those people don't come to the forums to make a noise about that :D

No doubt there are lessons to be learned, but SI aren't frightened of standing up and admitting where mistakes have been made; it's that attitude that's partly the reason why we all love SI and FM so much. I just wish people would remember that there are real people behind the scenes, and try to be a bit more constructive or less aggressive!

I think that statement is wishful thinking and far from the truth

t4rg4, I am that poo on computers, that I dont understand what "blah blah wherever you installed" means!!! Its on 12hrs 30mins now for steam.

All advice is most welcomed

Then you probably accepted Steams suggestion to install in its default location.

Copy this: C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\data\updates

Then click START, then click on the Run option (just above the Turn Off Computer icon). A little Run window pops up.

Paste the bits of text you copied into the window and press ok, it should then open that folder.

Alternatively go through your folders manually following the process listed (open C drive, find program files then steamapps and so on)

If thats all a pain let me know.

all the criticism is out of order, get a grip what age are you. this game is not made by amatuers they are genuine fans and have brought this game out year after year, and every year it produces a better game. if every body calms down and let them get on with it the better it will be for us all

I think that statement is wishful thinking and far from the truth

In fairness, Marc Duffy and PaulC and Miles were all on the forums last night, and all were very apologetic. There's no chance any of them would have wanted any problems for their customers, not a chance. And Murray, who's in charge of the DRM from Sega, has said from the outset that he'll listen to everyone. This doesn't seem to be a faceless company's attempt at burying their head in the sand. They've all had long nights as well trying to fix the issues.

Archived