Injury problem...was it deliberate?

With the customary spate of posts and threads about those who have seen the game (before it's release date) in the shops and decided to buy FM09. It has got me thinking that the disgraceful injury bug, which makes the demo unplayable, was deliberately implemented to act as gilt edge security, as well as that of the fascist DRM system, to act as a deterrent to stop people buying the game early. It makes perfect sense if you think about it. Who is going to willingly buy a game which they know to be unplayable? IMO by deliberately sabotaging the game, with regards to the farcial injury problem, SI ensured that people would hold out until the 14th, which just so happens to coincide with the patch which fixes the injury problem. All very conveinient is it not?

Now I may well be off the mark, but as of yet, I've still not seen a convincing argument (even from those at SI) with regards to how such a gamebreaking bug, which lets be honest is hardly hidden out of sight, managed to squirm through what you think would be a rigourous testing process. Again, I may well be wrong in what I've said but to me some things just don't add up. I'm not the most computer literate, but even to my untrained eye, and thousands of others on here, we spotted this bug within seconds. Yet, those, who I'd assume are well versed in the art of testing computer games managed to let it slip through the net. Hmmm, I just don't buy that and I believe it was deliberatley implemented for the reasons I outlined above.

What does everyone else think?

Nop i disagree, i dont think they will delibertly be putting in the injury bug to prevent people from releasing or buying the game early..

now how that bug sliped past the testing team is a different matter, i dont thibk anyone knows how this happend and i am sure SI are also trying to figure that out..

All i can think of is that they must of changed something in the code in the last minute before going gold which has had a ripple effect on the rest of the game code. we have been told this many times a single change in code can bring up bugs..

As for the release dat patch, SI have in previous versions also released a patch on release day to make the game more enjoyable..

And i for one dont think the Injury bug is a show stopper, i have been able to play through my demo on a number of occasions without many problems...

Isnt the idea of a demo just to have a sneak peek at the new features anyway? Thats all i did, then i uninstalled it and am waiting till the 14th! I see no point in playing 6 months worth of a game, its not like you can get into it! Gonna start my career on the 14th instead!

I really don't know what to believe. All I will say is this: the world we live in now I wouldn't put it past any company to sabotage an aspect of the game, if ultimately it was for the greater good i.e the release date was upheld by the shops and customers.

I really don't know what to believe. All I will say is this: the world we live in now I wouldn't put it past any company to sabotage an aspect of the game, if ultimately it was for the greater good i.e the release date was upheld by the shops and customers.

But SI has control of the activation servers which are required to be on in order for the game to be activated and then used so this issue would have no effect whatsoever on early release.

Why would they do this? It makes no sense, they need people to play the game to sell copies and make money. Crazy talk- can you imagine the business pitch to SEGA from SI? "We've decided to put a deliberate bug in our game, no, bear with me, you'll see it's a great idea..." Not really feasible. Next they'll be assassinating the President or making crop circles.

By the way, a thread like this was closed... ;) I believe Miles said something about the continuing creativity of conspiracy theories. I think he has a point.

They would do it because ultimately it would be for the greater good in achieving the release date was upheld by all. It would appear, in my humble opinion, that it was just there to act as a further deterrent if DRM failed. How else can anyone explain the disgraceful injury bug, which just so happened to ruin the whole demo for me. Then oh so conveniently SI are lost for words as to how the bug got through, but rest assured chaps there will be a patch to fix this and will be released on the 14th November. I think SI haven't been working away hard on this patch all week because the patch has been in the pipeline for months now.

They would do it because ultimately it would be for the greater good in achieving the release date was upheld by all. It would appear, in my humble opinion, that it was just there to act as a further deterrent if DRM failed. How else can anyone explain the disgraceful injury bug, which just so happened to ruin the whole demo for me. Then oh so conveniently SI are lost for words as to how the bug got through, but rest assured chaps there will be a patch to fix this and will be released on the 14th November. I think SI haven't been working away hard on this patch all week because the patch has been in the pipeline for months now.

You can't play the game before the 14th November anyway even if you have bought it.

Well that's definitely up for debate chief because I've seen evidence on the contrary.

Nop you cant play it thats for sure and been confirmed by Sega.. if you seen people playing it then most likely it would be a cracked version and not the original..

If the injury problem was a deliberate act to stop people playing the full game before release… wouldn't SI have taken it out of the demo?

For this reason alone, I think this accusation is a load of rubbish.

The injury 'bug' does not appear to be due to the game code, but the data code insomuch as players having their condition set too low at the start of the game. Therefore it is a data issue and not what is commonly called a 'bug'. SI have commented on this, so your post is deliberatly inflammatory or a conspiracy theory that doesn't take account of reality.

Oops, sorry Paul, I was reading and replying when you closed it.

Archived