FM 09 idea: Announcing your intention to leave

I've been at Benfica for over 8 years in the game, and feel like I want to leave, and there is almost no way of leaving the club without being hated after, I'd like the option near the end of the season to say that I'd like to leave the club at the end of the season, and thank the fans etc, and get some reaction from the board and the fans about this.

I think this would add realism to the game and be a very good addition to the game

I've been at Benfica for over 8 years in the game, and feel like I want to leave, and there is almost no way of leaving the club without being hated after, I'd like the option near the end of the season to say that I'd like to leave the club at the end of the season, and thank the fans etc, and get some reaction from the board and the fans about this.

I think this would add realism to the game and be a very good addition to the game

Yeah this really does my nut in. I spend years and years and years at a club, doing great things for them that they could only dream of. They love me. As soon as i leave they hate me, it's ridiculuos! I hope this is fixed in FM09- What a pain in the arse!

This is something I raised a while back in my interaction wishlist, and as far as i'm concerned should be adefinate feature for 09.

In my career game the board released a press statement saying they wished me the best and i'd always be remembered for my loyalty etc after 6 years at the club, but when I check FC Bayern on FMM i'm listed at 100 in disliked personnel.

An excellent idea - there are many times i don't just want to "bin" the club i work for, and a few media options would be a nice addition.

Similarly i'd like to be able to tell a player i won't be renewing his contract.

i have a 3 year contract, currently in the second year, with redditch. done well, acheived well over than what was expected. (avoided relegation,won fa trophy,now looking at promotion from bss) The only thing is the young players i brought in at the start to make a fansastic future are a little older(couple turned out alright, they are in the first team, a couple i cashed in on, and some never made it) also the older layers i brought in to bolster the squad are now too old, 3 of them are now my coaches and retiring at the end of the season. So i am going to have to rebuild the squad around the 3 or 4 good young players i have left. and im not sure i want to, with league 2 clubs sniffing rpound me i could jump p a couple of leaues and make a name for myself.

anyway irl, i would say its time to move on, ive taken them as far as i cant etc. etc. the club would be happy with me and wish me well etc. etc.

but i think in fm if i jump ship now they will hate me, even though if not for me they would probaly be out of the league system all together not looking at conference premier next season (hopefully!).

if anoyne has been in a similar position did the club hate you when you left? if i leave at the end of my contract will they still like me? i just fancy come back here thats all, you know after ive won the champions league and world cup and all icon_wink.gif

Agree with the OP.

On FM2007 I managed Redditch and led them to the Championship in 4 or 5 seasons. I was of course on their favoured personnel as well. About 4 games into the Championship season I resigned after the chairman sold one key player too many, which of course resulted in me being taken off the favoured personnel list, and most likely (I don't know for certain as I don't use Genie Scout) being put on the disliked personnel list.

In that sort of situation I should have been able to announce that I was resigning because I felt the chairman lacked ambition, as shown by his sale of my 3 best players for what I felt was a low amount of money. Instead though I resign, but can't say anything, making me hated.

I feel this is a part of the game which has to be improved for FM2009.

It's definitely one thing that really annoys me when you apply for another job when you are already in one. The idiotic media question you get immediately afterwards gives you 5 options that are all basically the same, to the effect that you've done all you can at the club and you want to leave

Archived