Speaking of which for the OP there's one in Castle Towers

Gametraders Castle Towers Phone: 02 9659 8711

Shop 457A

Castle Towers Shopping Centre

614 Castle Street

Castle Hill

NSW

im planning on using steam

any reason you guys are not? am i missing something?

its a little cheaper is it not?

I was going to get it at an EB or somewhere but will probably bite the bullet and order it off Steam. Mainly because it's frustrating sitting here reading about all the poms playing it for a week or so before it arrives here, after ordering it or waiting for the shops to get it.

With Steam I think you can download it a day or 2 before the release date, so when it is released you'll be able to just jump straight in. Obviously you can't play it before the release date but it would be nice to have it sitting there ready to go.

I was going to get it at an EB or somewhere but will probably bite the bullet and order it off Steam. Mainly because it's frustrating sitting here reading about all the poms playing it for a week or so before it arrives here, after ordering it or waiting for the shops to get it.

With Steam I think you can download it a day or 2 before the release date, so when it is released you'll be able to just jump straight in. Obviously you can't play it before the release date but it would be nice to have it sitting there ready to go.

yep, thats what i was thinking too.

im pretty happy with that.

EB have proven to me in the past to be shocking with getting things in, consoles and games in on the release date. The last thing i got from them was a PSP slim and lite and i had pre ordered it, turns out i got it around 2-3 weeks after everyone else. EB are useless.

yeh i meant its about 20-30 bucks cheaper than in the stores.. should have made that clear. i dont think i will ever go back to buying it from stores. post rocks, nothing like seeing that suspiciously large package with your name on it..

Don't worry, I knew what you meant.:thup:

Yeah I remember waiting out the front for the postie to get 07. I felt like a little kid.:D

My EB in Albury can apparently order it. I was going to pre-order from GAME, but they rang me back and said they weren’t getting it for some reason. I’ve gotten the last two from EB, one was on time, the other was 2-3 days after release. I’m considering trying steam for 09. Will look at sendit too, as I hadn’t heard about them before.

it was on the computers at my local store 'Frankston' but there release date was wrong. EB arent every good when it comes games that dont get tv advertising. I find it funny they are still charging $90 for FM08 and $60 for 07

frankston is my local one aswell or karingal

Bloody Aussie Dollar, if only it held strong for a couple of more months. We would of got the game for $65 odd bucks from Stream, Though thtas where i'll get it from.

PLay it earlier get the demo download before everyone else so the DL time would not be as bad.

That saying Send it are quite good

well its going for about $80 delivered on ebay.

are there any real benefits of having the steam download over the DVD?

Steam manages your download. Patches it and such... It's a pretty good method of game recovery too. What if your disc is scratched or damaged? You won't be able to re-install it without purchasing a new one.

Does anyone know if we get to play the game at 9am AEST if we download off steam or do we get to play at 9am GMT - which is around 8pm NSW time.

Because I want to play as soon as possible, so if Steam is only going to let me play at 9:00 GMT then I'll probably go to the shops and check if they have it there first, because I really don't want to wait until 8pm to play.

The EB on Pitt St in Sydney will have it on the release day, they have already promised to hold my copy until my PA can get down there.

Try them if you're nearby, they don't put it on the shelves until the evening for some reason, but if you ask them they'll grab it from the back.

ahhh ok. so if something goes wrong you can actually get another download of the game from steam??

You can download it from Steam as many times as you want (although maybe only 5 times due to the protection software they use), if I understand correctly, as long as you download it all under the one Steam account.

Dont shop at EB, they never put their prices down and always sell games for stupid amounts.

For example 360 games, Fable 2 and Fifa09 were $100, while at JBs they were $79.

Ive had no help from EB, they just bleed gamers of their money.

Buy Football manager online, most likely as mentioned in the above posts, off steam.

EB are a bit of a rip-off, this is well known. I buy most of my games from CD-Wow. http://www.cdwow.com.au/Football-Manager-2009/product/view/3808086

AUD$59.95 delivered form FM2009. Bargain. Play-Asia are also pretty cheap at times, though I've never bought from there personally.

I buy XBox 360 and PC games there. Previously I've also bought stuff on Steam because it was cheaper and easier than most places, but that is no longer the case since our dollar went down the toilet and Steam started pricing by region, the scumbags. If it was AUD$59 from Steam I'd get it, but it's $100 (USD$59), so screw that.

Archived