Graphics Card

IF your computer dosent have a graphics card does this mean that you cant play 3d ?:confused::confused:

if your computer doesn't have a graphic card then you should buy a cheap one which works with fm 08 and that should do it (hopefully a graphic card which on which fm 08 is running in 2d, fm 09 will run also the 2d part i mean )

if your computer doesn't have a graphic card then you should buy a cheap one which works with fm 08 and that should do it (hopefully a graphic card which on which fm 08 is running in 2d, fm 09 will run also the 2d part i mean )

Not that easy to do with laptops though. But I do really think that this 3D mode should work with most of the modern onboard chips as well. As much as I've seen of it it does not look like something that should be graphics intensive in the slightest.

I'm pretty sure that Miles has suggested in a thread on this forum or in an interview that if you can run fm2008 reasonably well then you should be able to run FM2009 ok including the 3D part of the game.

Guys, just to try and help with some confusion.

If you have a computer you will have either an integrated or a dedicated graphics card. For at least the last 10 years all of these have been able to support 3D graphics to some level.

In most cases on machines that have an integrated card (this is normally part of the motherboard), part of your PC's memory is allocated to driving the graphics, for instance a PC with 1Gb of RAM may have 896Mb available to the OS and 128Mb available as graphics.

Some previous posters have said that you should go out and get a dedicated graphics card, in all honesty I wouldn't if all you want to play is FM2009. My advice would be stick the cash you were going to spend on the graphics card into a pot, wait for the minimum game specs to be released and only then, if you find your on board graphics are not up to the job (very unlikely!) buy a card. If you are desperate to improve your FM experience you may even find your better buying more system RAM than a dedicated Graphics card, but I'd hold for now.

Hope this helps.

Onkster

(A+, Network+, I-Net+, Server+, MCP)

(Wouldn't normally add my certs, but hopefully this will show I know a little bit)

Guys, just to try and help with some confusion.

If you have a computer you will have either an integrated or a dedicated graphics card. For at least the last 10 years all of these have been able to support 3D graphics to some level.

In most cases on machines that have an integrated card (this is normally part of the motherboard), part of your PC's memory is allocated to driving the graphics, for instance a PC with 1Gb of RAM may have 896Mb available to the OS and 128Mb available as graphics.

Some previous posters have said that you should go out and get a dedicated graphics card, in all honesty I wouldn't if all you want to play is FM2009. My advice would be stick the cash you were going to spend on the graphics card into a pot, wait for the minimum game specs to be released and only then, if you find your on board graphics are not up to the job (very unlikely!) buy a card. If you are desperate to improve your FM experience you may even find your better buying more system RAM than a dedicated Graphics card, but I'd hold for now.

Hope this helps.

Onkster

(A+, Network+, I-Net+, Server+, MCP)

(Wouldn't normally add my certs, but hopefully this will show I know a little bit)

well you're absolutely right normally i would say that what maters in fm is the ram and processor speed

so wait for minimum system requirements is the best choice now

wouldn't worry about it at all.

onboard graphic card (and every computer has at least one of those for obvious reasons) will do the trick, unless your notebook is maybe 6 years old... but then you will be struggling more with processor/ram than anything else ;)

Archived