Is it possible to tutor someone that doesn't want to be tutored

I have Ignacio Camacho on my Atletico team and he definitely does not want to be tutored by anybody. He keeps brushing off my suggestions. He's too good a talent to waste without the proper PPM.

Does anybody have any ideas to force him to learn?

I actually brought in Luca Leiva(sp) from the Kop and in Camacho's personal tab, it states "similar player to Lucas Leiva".

I try to get my 20 year old to learn from any of the three options to no avail. He keeps replying "sees no benefit and will not be taking up the offer."

Some egotistical players just won't accept tutoring from anyone. I tried a failed experiment whereby I brought in a few old legends on frees on short back-up contracts just to have them tutor, but even they were rejected by some youngsters.

Otherwise, as said, it's a case of finding the right match - which is too much of a lottery in FM08 for my tastes. I do hope some more logical criteria are applied in the forthcoming incarnation.

I agree, true lottery, haven't found any real reason why a youngster would or would not accept. Even favorite player and/or same position won't work.

What kind of tutoring do you use? maybe it is the wrong one, where he would not learn any PPMs?

It's not a good idea to be too pushy about tutoring. I had one youngster who gave the "not sure what he'll gain but willing to give it a try" response when I suggested a tutor. Couple of months later both players are unhappy due to personality clash :(

can happen, but I also had the same situation ending in a very good and successful tutoring. Which more so proves the lottery factor ;)

well, the main effect is that you can pass PPMs on to a young player.

but I have to admit that I do get very lazy with it and it doesn't mean that I would be less successful. You have to pick the right type of tutoring and the right players for a positive effect, plus have that bit of luck.

Sometimes when I get an U19 game report from my assistant, I look at the MOM and if he has potential I try to find him a tutor with one or more PPMs. The worst case scenario is that these 2 players end up not liking each other, which sometimes can be fixed by a new contract or simply by loaning out for a bit.

So you can't mess up too much IMO

ppm - preferred player movement ie. what the player likes to do. some players eg. pennant like to stay wide and get crosses in so would have the 'stays close to touchline' ppm or the fm equal for it.

Its simple. Before suggesting a player to tutor a youngster, look at the personality. (Balanced, Fairly Professional, Determined, Unambitious). Those are the aspects that make all the difference. I tend to check that before making a suggestion and it works all the time. The only thing is that it can be hard to know which personality goes with which.

i think players tend to get PPM's on their own to maybe he's just too hard headed so let him be just play him at he's preferred position then see what happens after a season or a half

don't scratch he's morale by giving him tutors all the time

Daniel Alves had a bad experience tutoring a young right back of mine, and ever since that he's refused to tutor anybody.

i've never seen this one that a player refuses

the tutors always are happy in my games saying glad to tutor player x

ignachio camacho never wants to be tutored by anyone, on every save ive had its been the same, but ive also had people that have said that they dont want to be tutored eventually say that they would accept tutoring, but thats definately not the case with camacho

I've had extensive experience tutoring - I try to tutor all my youngsters up to 20 determination.

In my experience, the key factor is the hidden mental stat temperament. If the tutee has a low temperament (many South American regens have this), there's a good chance that they will reject being tutored.

Btw, there is a further cost to failed tutoring attempts - both players may come to dislike the manager, and this has impact on renewals of contracts, transfers, etc.

Archived