AI keeping young players at all costs??

I thinks it's common knowledge that the AI managed teams dont seem to build for the future or keep hold of great young players with a high PA. the fact they seem keen to get rid of young players so easily and in return go and pay 30mill for an ageing has been is bizzare but it does do is make the game easy for us humans..

Does any one know if this area of the game has been looked into?

Peace and love, peace and love :)

That really would make the game so much more challenging, because right now by your 6th or 7th season, all the best youngsters in the world are with you. And if they're not, they won't be properly developed and will suck anyway. Thus, you dominate.

But on the flip side, there is NEVER EVER a good enough youngster coming through your academy. The best I ever got was a potential to be a "leading star for any Championship side." That's not good enough. So I have to sign a lot of young players each year.

So true. Even if you play LLM, in your second season you can stock up on good young players who have been released, which is totally unrealistic. In Fm too many teams release too many players each season, whereas IRL a team might release 3-4 at the end ofeach year. Also, very few players get released before the end of their apprenticeship,which also doesn't happen in FM.

However, we as humans should not know what the PA of any youngster is, unless we've bought him before and had success with him. The AI resets itself with every new game and AI managers do not know what PA is let alone how to access it. They have the same resources in-game that humans do (including attrocious scouts and ass mans who couldn't spot a diamond if they stepped on it).

The game gets easy for the following reasons:

1) some humans use mini-scout or other cheating tools to scout a player's PA. The AI can't do this.

2) some human managers come on these forums and look in the good player forum for the best youngsters (yes, including me after the game has been out a while)

3) many humans from 1) go into the good player forum and give out lists. Hence why I usually wait a while before doing what I consider a bit of a cheat.

4) all humans - I expect - have more than one saved game, usually ten or more, and therefore know the history of who is good and who is not; who the AI buys and whether the human should intervene. And of course which youngsters come through.

Wonder if the AI bangs its pixilated head on the screen yelling "the human user cheats! I hate this game".

4) all humans - I expect - have more than one saved game, usually ten or more, and therefore know the history of who is good and who is not; who the AI buys and whether the human should intervene. And of course which youngsters come through.

Wonder if the AI bangs its pixilated head on the screen yelling "the human user cheats! I hate this game".

I only ever have 1 save game at a time & lol & AI gettin' annoyed

Backpackant ..... loving your work!

It's true, I have heard the complaints about the AI not keeping good youngsters before and how the game is easy once a human manager has snapped up all the best young talent ..... but of course the game is going to be easy if the manager cheats .... that's the point of cheating, isn't it?

I don't think it's exclusive to cheaters, but I did enjoy backpackant's post :p In my game there was a Peruvian LW who was quite obviously very good, I didn't know his PA, but he had attributes in all the right places. He signed for At Madrid and sat on the bench despite being good enough to play, then they put him on the transfer list and he went to Deportivo, where he saton the bench before being transfer lsited aagin, then the same thing happened at Real Madrid. Eventually he signed for Arsenal and has turned into a £32m player, on checking his history he played only 30 games in 6 seasons at At Madrid, Real and Deportivo :confused:

So it can happen between AI teams, nevermind human players, and isn't necessarily something that only occurs if you cheat. It is tempting to take advantage of the AI managers, but we have to be bigger than that :p

However, we as humans should not know what the PA of any youngster is, unless we've bought him before and had success with him. The AI resets itself with every new game and AI managers do not know what PA is let alone how to access it. They have the same resources in-game that humans do (including attrocious scouts and ass mans who couldn't spot a diamond if they stepped on it).

The game gets easy for the following reasons:

All that cheating is completely unnecessary once you can sign the best scouts (JCA and JPA of 18+). An assistant manager with high Judging is also helpful.

They rarely get it wrong and as everybody says, AI clubs should have a abetter idea of the ability and importance of youngsters with high PA.

All that cheating is completely unnecessary once you can sign the best scouts (JCA and JPA of 18+). An assistant manager with high Judging is also helpful.

They rarely get it wrong

In my experience scouts always get it wrong! I hate them, and only have one to unmask attributes otherwise they are pointless IMO.

are they fixing it so that wen i sign a brilliant young talent and try to gradually blood him into the team the board and fan confidence wont think the signing is an abberation. tht always frustrates me no end, it shud say thyre excited about his potential or sommit. also backpackants "Wonder if the AI bangs its pixilated head on the screen yelling "the human user cheats! I hate this game", thats hilarious, i really hope so

to be fair i used PA as a guide not the reason us humans sign them. if your manager of say a well known championship team, why would potentiol great players from the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, man U, Liverpool, Milan, Barcelona want to join your club. or even why would a young player want to move from Arsenal, to Milan, to Chelsea and then back to arsenal all b4 he was 21.. an Ai team buy these players based on the potentiol as there scouts or what ever they use to know the potentiol of a player. then for some reason they think. oh he's to young to play for us, lets flog him on for 20 million cos he's well worht it cos he has so much potentiol.

Doesnt matter how you look at it. cheating or other wise. the AI dont reconise a future star and if they do, there doesnt seem to be any thing programed into the game to make these clubs even try and keep them, alot of AI clubs release Youth players with great prostpects, and you dont need to use a genie scout to know this, what my point is young players dont get reconition for beeing potentiol great players untill late mid 20's etc..

Try doing a fake player game, backpackant - you'll never know how good your team is and how good the youngsters are.

As the players are different with every game you start, history makes no difference.

Just my $0.02.

the AI dont reconise a future star

Totally disgaree with this. The AI does recognise talent, that's why they sign so many of them, the problem is that the AI buys too many players and in the end great potential has no chance of forcing it's way through in most teams. At one point, in my save, Real Madrid bought a 21 yr old German DM who had obvious potential to be a star, he never got a game, not because the AI didn't recognise his potential, but because the AI already had 4 top class DM's in the squad.

The AI seems to buy players for no reason and that leads to good players sitting on the bench, so it isn't a problem with the AI not recognising talent, it's a problem with the AI not recognising that they don't need to buy that talent just because it is talent.

Totally disgaree with this. The AI does recognise talent, that's why they sign so many of them, the problem is that the AI buys too many players and in the end great potential has no chance of forcing it's way through in most teams. At one point, in my save, Real Madrid bought a 21 yr old German DM who had obvious potential to be a star, he never got a game, not because the AI didn't recognise his potential, but because the AI already had 4 top class DM's in the squad.

The AI seems to buy players for no reason and that leads to good players sitting on the bench, so it isn't a problem with the AI not recognising talent, it's a problem with the AI not recognising that they don't need to buy that talent just because it is talent.

yeh sorry i agree, didnt mean to say they dont reconise it, just like you said. they will buy them, but even knowing they are good for there age and will imrpove, they dont get a game and get sold on normally for profit to a rival team in same league.. and also i agree, when teams need a new player for a certain possition, like you now said, they bid for say 4 left Backs, and end up siging 3 of them and they dont evenn push out the one they already have before they get sold again...

i think club reps and player reps based on current CA and PA should influence when or if a player gets sold, i think the reason so many move around is a slight programming error.. I know Rooney left Everton for man Utd as a young star, but the diference is. manu are the biggest team in the prem so who wouldnt want to play for them unless you were Gerrard :) and they actually played him, if it was Fm they would of sold him on after 12 months..

i think its a case of the player rep. ca and pa difference, current age, consitancy rating's i think a combination of all those stats and how the AI percieve them based on the programming that causes this problem.

Archived