Annoying glitch?

I started a career game, unemployed and with local reputation. The only job i could get was with Boldklubben 1908, a tiny amateur club in the Danish 2 Division East (3rd tier). I signed on a bunch of players who wanted to play for free and was able to win the title and gain promotion in my first season.

A month later the board decides that the team should go semi-pro and that i could offer players a salary. The budget was something like £75. Then, before i could make any changes, they promoted all these youth players to the U-19s and handed them each £25 contracts! Now i'm £500 over my salary budget and I can't sign new players or offer contracts to the players I already have!

This seems like a schedule mistake, sort of like you're players going off to play international games instead of playing in the FA cup final.

Has anyone had this problem?

I started a career game, unemployed and with local reputation. The only job i could get was with Boldklubben 1908, a tiny amateur club in the Danish 2 Division East (3rd tier). I signed on a bunch of players who wanted to play for free and was able to win the title and gain promotion in my first season.

A month later the board decides that the team should go semi-pro and that i could offer players a salary. The budget was something like £75. Then, before i could make any changes, they promoted all these youth players to the U-19s and handed them each £25 contracts! Now i'm £500 over my salary budget and I can't sign new players or offer contracts to the players I already have!

This seems like a schedule mistake, sort of like you're players going off to play international games instead of playing in the FA cup final.

Has anyone had this problem?

no but i had acouple of players away with there countrys on the day of a uefa cup game or an fa cup game lasy season i can't remember but it was about 5 players all first team ones as well i was rageing considering 3 i think did not even play in there countrys game.

bugging. But may i ask how was that the only job you could get.

I generated my reputation automatically and it was obscure or local. That and I was American. It was also the first job I was offered. I was thinking i could either cancel all the youth contracts which would cost thousands or I could just quit and get a job in the Blue Square North/South.

I found this happened too. I done something similar, started unemployed with a reputation as a Sunday league footballer and got offered a job as Wexford Youths manager in the Republic Of Ireland 1st division. We were a part time team with no money and a very small wage structure. After my 1st season all the youth players had signed pre contracts and at the start of the 2nd season the contracts kicked in and blew my wage budget which lead to the board being annoyed at my control of the wage structure, eventually they sacked me despite the fact that I was pushing for promotion with a bunch of part-timers, most of whom were playing for free on an amateur contract.

This is an issue and has been raised a few times before, hopefully it's been looked at for FM09. Nevermind the financial implications it seems strange to have a youth player on as much as £250 in England so it's unbelieveable in Denmark.

This is an issue and has been raised a few times before, hopefully it's been looked at for FM09. Nevermind the financial implications it seems strange to have a youth player on as much as £250 in England so it's unbelieveable in Denmark.

I think he said £25 contracts.

I think he said £25 contracts.

£25 fer week for those useless kids.

There are enough people who like to play LLM in FM that you'd think it'd be sorted out. I mean if you're going to go to the trouble of setting them up and getting them scouted you might as well take care of the details that could ruin ones game. Hopefully for 09.

I'll probably take the job at Redditch in the dreaded Blue Square North but i was curious to try a different league.

Archived