Small tip to get FM running faster on Vista

well to be fair, on windows xp if you go into system properties/performance options and then click the adjust for best performance icon, basicly it resets window back to the old classic view as seen in the above link. not sure what it does to the speed of FM tho on xp..

What is Aero ?

Its basically the whole sheek graphics thingy that you have on Vista that is really cool but not really needed.

I have 4GB of RAM with a 2.4 GHZ proccesor , will it make that much of a difference ?

It probably will but with that sort of RAM and processor, FM is probably going fast enough anyway.

well to be fair' date=' on windows xp if you go into system properties/performance options and then click the adjust for best performance icon, basicly it resets window back to the old classic view as seen in the above link. not sure what it does to the speed of FM tho on xp..[/quote']

Who mentioned XP?

I have 4GB of RAM with a 2.4 GHZ proccesor , will it make that much of a difference ?

What version of windows do you have 32bit or 64bit? If its the 32 bit version then you won't have access to your full 4GB. I have the 32bit version of windows vista home premium and have 4GB installed although windows only recognised 3.3GB.

What version of windows do you have 32bit or 64bit? If its the 32 bit version then you won't have access to your full 4GB. I have the 32bit version of windows vista home premium and have 4GB installed although windows only recognised 3.3GB.

im simlar i have 4gb ram and intel core 2 qaud Q6600 2.40ghz and my vista buisness only picks up 2.25 gb or summot.mind you i cant moan i have 12 playable leagues running large database and all south american players loaded up and it still flys through the processing

Basically, if you have an old/low spec computer, it should be obvious that turning off any visual effects (Even the luna theme and any wallpaper) will speed things up.

It's a complete myth that the Aero stuff in vista is a resource hog, it's just not true. The only way it slows stuff down is if you have an ancient/on board graphics chip.

Archived