@ Mr Jacobson - I have an idea!

Football Manager/Iphone interaction

I was wondering if you boys at si games have ever thought about creating a game that works with conjunction with a mobile phone, for e.g. the iphone!

My idea is this:-

You install FM as usual on your PC at home.

You can do scouting and transfers and control your clubs finances on your iphone if you like (this would be an options of course).

So, when your bored at work you can browse players, maybe set up formations and then when you get home, all you do is transfer this

Info back onto your PC (somehow – that’s someone else’s job) and try out your new signings/tactics etc.?

What do you guys think? I’m not sure how many own an iphone, but it has a nice big screen and 16GB memory!

It’s the future! (can I have a job, I have loads of ideas).

would be an awesome idea! fm 24/7!! give them 5 years.

This is my point. Where can FM go from here? They could revolutionise footymanager by making it 24/7. It could be called:

FM24/7 - Brilliant!

Who knows what kind of gaming experience we are going to have in 5-10years time. I'm thinking ahead.

Maybe they will just have Footymanager on a mobile, or a combination of the two.

SI put a man on the moon?! :eek:

Time was when a telephone was a telephone. Until I can play FM on my washing machine I'm not interested. Telephones are old hat, washing machines that allow you to do more than just wash clothes are the future.

That was never on TV, that was in the cinemas and on DVD or BlueRay! :p

I think that you'll find it may have been on Sky by now but I'm not 100% it was only meant to illustrate the statement was a little naive! I am being a little mischievous really! :D

I actually like the idea but it would need to have a lot of work on it!

i think this idea might actually be do-able. if you install something on your phone and before you go out you sync it with your pc then while you are out you can look through the player search bit and edit tactics and training then when you get home you sync that to your pc. i doubt you will be able to continue to the next day and play games etc on the phone but i dont see how just browsing and editing things would be a problem would it?

could be a great idea....could even expand it so that you could talk to players about problems etc....like a virtual phone type mode?? ask chairman how he think the clubs progressing....this incorporated with scouting and training could be interesting....but why limit it to the i phone...could be compatible with any mobile device i think (pda etc)

This has to be the saddest thread in the world are you telling me you'd walk around town scouting players, it's stupid....The game won't be able to move on so it will get boring anyway you won't be able to test the formations out and so you'll lose interest after a week if that

Its not all about using it when you are walking around town that would be sad. What about people like me who travel regularly by bus and train for long periods I didnt invest in a laptop because I wanted a powerful desktop PC. This would be a bit of fun to pass the time, I think its a good idea.

• SI Staff
This is my point. Where can FM go from here? They could revolutionise footymanager by making it 24/7.

www.footballmanagerlive.com

Its not all about using it when you are walking around town that would be sad. What about people like me who travel regularly by bus and train for long periods I didnt invest in a laptop because I wanted a powerful desktop PC. This would be a bit of fun to pass the time, I think its a good idea.

If only it had a seperate URL to make a more concise post, but, err, that's what Football Manager Handheld is there for :)

Laptops on buses is a bad idea. And on tubes. And most trains.

Archived