Goodbye my faithful FM.

bae85

I am just writing to say goodbye. FM and SI have lost another customer.

I have played CM2 all the way through to the last of the SIGames versions, and then moved over to FM2005 upto FM2008.

Why goodbye? because FM is too boring and is no longer fun. Realism is boring. The transition over the years from fun management game to Management game that only makes sense if you are a geek with no girlfriend or have no life is a bad one. I don't want to have to play with stupid slider bars for hours on end. :(

I would have thought by now the arrogance of SI's staff would have at least noticed the amount of people who complain about:

- Cheating AI

- Games that you will never win no matter what you try (as though the game is already decided before playing)

- Alienated players, baffled by the games complexity.

And before anybody says, i have had great success with every game, I have never cheated when playing the game properly, so this isn't one of those 'my tactics are no longer working I'm going to have a rant on the forums' post. I am just bored of the game and it actually feels like work to get anywhere, it's supposed to be a game.

Anybody else who's frustrated with FM should try CM2008, its so much more fun and guess what?? it has a 3D Engine already??? get them!!

Over to CM 2008 I go. :)

Nice to see someone taking the sensible option. If you don't like a game the simple thing to do is not play it and instead play something you do like.

That being said I can't leave this without saying two things:

1 - The AI does not and cannot cheat you

2 - You can win any game you go into.

Enjoy CM

I would have thought by now the arrogance of SI's staff would have at least noticed the amount of people who complain about:

- Cheating AI

- Games that you will never win no matter what you try (as though the game is already decided before playing)

I'm sure SI have noticed the number of people who complain about such things, they just have the intelligence not to take any notice of people who don't know what they are talking about. There are plenty of things that could do with improving in the game and I've given up on FM08 personally because I don't find it fun either, but people complaining about the first two things on your list just add to the problems by swamping well thought out criticisms that contain suggested solutions with inane and ill-informed rubbish.

wow, the format of every person who comes on to say that IS almost exactly the same! There must be some sort of special guide that people use when they want to announce that they are quitting FM. Thanks whoever pointed that out, I enjoy a chuckle every time I see these posts now.

wow, the format of every person who comes on to say that IS almost exactly the same! There must be some sort of special guide that people use when they want to announce that they are quitting FM. Thanks whoever pointed that out, I enjoy a chuckle every time I see these posts now.

I think there's a template on the CM forums :D

I dont have the time to slog for hours a day either. So what I do to get some quick thrills is to cheat. Download FMM and give yourself some cash or start a game with a sugar daddy. Its the only way to counter madness in the transfer system which make the game ridiculous.

I have stopped playing o8 again, because of a situation which occurred. Two players had offers put in for less than their value, and my chairman said they were to good to turn down! My left midfielder and left back gone ni a second for less than they were worth! With millions in the bank all I did was go back and offer their new clubs ridiculous sums and they came back! Utter, utter madness.

I am just writing to say goodbye. FM and SI have lost another customer.

I have played CM2 all the way through to the last of the SIGames versions, and then moved over to FM2005 upto FM2008.

Why goodbye? because FM is too boring and is no longer fun. Realism is boring. The transition over the years from fun management game to Management game that only makes sense if you are a geek with no girlfriend or have no life is a bad one. I don't want to have to play with stupid slider bars for hours on end. :(

- Cheating AI

And before anybody says, i have had great success with every game, I have never cheated when playing the game properly, so this isn't one of those 'my tactics are no longer working I'm going to have a rant on the forums' post. I am just bored of the game and it actually feels like work to get anywhere, it's supposed to be a game.

Anybody else who's frustrated with FM should try CM2008, its so much more fun and guess what?? it has a 3D Engine already??? get them!!

Over to CM 2008 I go. :)

I have said this once and I will say it however many times it takes before someone actually takes note! The AI does not cheat, I repeat DOES NOT cheat!!!! If this was the case then how would I win 7 trophies in 1 season going unbeaten all season in all competitions with Man Utd using the WeeGiE patch. If it DID cheat then would you not think someone along the line would have beaten me?

I find it very childish that people like to play games that are far to easy and personally have no fun factor to it, winning the Prem with Southampton inside 3 season's is not fun, winning it inside 5/6 season's is fun cos you know it had been a long hard process!

FOOTBALL Manager forever!

Archived