Suggestion: Fans Booing

In a future version of FM, the crowd should boo the players off at HT or FT if they are unhappy with the performance.

They could also boo an opposition player when he gets the ball if he's dived or made an overly aggressive tackle earlier in the match.

If a player demands to leave the club, and you play him anyway he could get booed by the fans. Same if he leaves in acrimonious circumstances and then comes back with his new club. You could even whip up an intimidating atmosphere by criticising him in the media for his disloyalty.

Obviously England fans would boo if the team put three consecutive passes together without going long. And after every world cup, they'd select a scapegoat who'd be booed in every domestic away game for the rest of the season like Beckham was.

This would add a bit more atmosphere to matches.

Not entirely sure I'd want to hear the booing during the match. But it would be cool to have it in there as something your assistant and the media could mention. Obviously it wouldn't be that they'd actually tell you it had happened. That would be silly. But it would be good to have them say something about it.

It could affect your players too. "Player A is worried about the club's season after hearing the fans booing."

It could affect your players too. "Player A is worried about the club's season after hearing the fans booing."

Maybe if a player isn't good at handling pressure, the booing could cause him to perform poorly and become unsettled. And if the player is determined it could spur him on to up his game and prove the fans wrong.

Maybe if a player isn't good at handling pressure, the booing could cause him to perform poorly and become unsettled. And if the player is determined it could spur him on to up his game and prove the fans wrong.

Yeah good point. I've said it before that there's not enough interaction with the crowd during matches. Reactions from the crowd CAN influence manager's decisions, it's not only players that can lose their mind when the crowd is booing.

i think the sound option is in dire need of a complete overhaul tbh. its just a complete after thought. i usually play with the sound down. i remember somebody did a cracking sound pack for FM06 on the sortitout website which did individual chanting for players ("shearer! shearer!") and had chants of "the referees a winker!" when there was a penalty/red card. it was a lot more realistic.

I think that with the 3d match engine coming that we might be getting to see the crowd in future updates (fm10/11 or such) so we might actually see if the stadium is full or not and maybe sound effects will be added.

Would be fun if you could add your own supportergroup's songs to the game and depending on the attendance it would be low or high volume on it

The sound is rubbish anyway. It doesn't sound right at all and they cheer at the wrong moments,

I've had this so many times! Just during a normal play, like a counter attack or something like that, I sometimes hear the ref blow his whistle and the fans responding to it, while there's absolutely nothing happening on the pitch :S

Bit weird if you ask me.

Sounds like a good idea. My Gunners team just lost 2-1 to Tottenham at White Hart Lane, and i was really expecting a cacophony of boos from the away end and cheers from the home end. I felt like booing my own team myself. They were just horrible.

In a future version of FM, the crowd should boo the players off at HT or FT if they are unhappy with the performance.

They could also boo an opposition player when he gets the ball if he's dived or made an overly aggressive tackle earlier in the match.

If a player demands to leave the club, and you play him anyway he could get booed by the fans. Same if he leaves in acrimonious circumstances and then comes back with his new club. You could even whip up an intimidating atmosphere by criticising him in the media for his disloyalty.

Obviously England fans would boo if the team put three consecutive passes together without going long. And after every world cup, they'd select a scapegoat who'd be booed in every domestic away game for the rest of the season like Beckham was.

This would add a bit more atmosphere to matches.

Very good idea, the reaction of the crowd can mentally effect the players, it's happened IRL at my club Watford, certain players were used as scapegoats and thus bore the brunt of some morons who chose to abuse them, needless to say it certainly didn't help the players in question and no doubt their confidence/morale suffered which had an impact on their performances.

Really? I never noticed.

Neither did I.

I thought the fans already boo at full time, usually after a series of poor results. I think it has happened to me (believe me I've been on some bad runs) or did I just imagine it?

It was you doing the booing :D

Archived