Any way to stop board accepting bids

Guest johnkelly11

Guest johnkelly11

I am manager of celtic and I have over 100 milion bank balance, yet the board keep on accepting stupid bids for most of my players.

Its starting to really annoy me now, not only because I dont want to sell them, but because no player wants to sign for me even though i have won the league every season I have played (5 in a row) and i also got to the champions league semi finals twice and UEFA cup final.

Is there any way to stop the board accepting bids?

let's face it, the scottish league isn't the hardest league to win in the world, so your reputation will only improve if you win the champions league. Then you'll know how good you are and your board will stop selling players to much bigger clubs

no there is no way to stop it

While its true that there is no way to stop this completely you can use the editor to reduce the chairmans stats which will reduce the frequency that he accepts bids on your behalf. As for players not wanting to join your club you can again use the editor to increase the reputation of your league. Unfortunately you would have to start a new game for this to work unless you can do the same with something like FMM. I'm not 100% sure about the use of FMM though because I've never been able to get it to work with windows vista.

While its true that there is no way to stop this completely you can use the editor to reduce the chairmans stats which will reduce the frequency that he accepts bids on your behalf. As for players not wanting to join your club you can again use the editor to increase the reputation of your league. Unfortunately you would have to start a new game for this to work unless you can do the same with something like FMM. I'm not 100% sure about the use of FMM though because I've never been able to get it to work with windows vista.

fmm works fine on my vista! although ive heard it can be hit n miss...

about all you can do apart from editing your chairman, is offer the players a new contract when he's accepted bids for em, and hope they accept yours rather than the bidding club

Two things.

1) Doesn't matter about Chairmans stats or finances. Sometimes they just accept bids.

2) The moment the chairman accepts the bid, offer that player out for free to all clubs AND offer them a new contract. This gives you two possible alternatives to the large bid. Firstly that he'll just accept your contract and therefore not move, or secondly that he'll accept the offer of one of the clubs who came in on a free and therefore you can cancel it because the chairman wont accept it over your head.

Not perfect, but two out of three chance of fixing it is better than just accepting the situation.

VB

I'm not 100% sure about the use of FMM though because I've never been able to get it to work with windows vista.

FMM works well with vista. You just have to right click on it and then select run as administrator. I find it annoying and microsoft should get this sorted out because several of the other programs I use also require this right clicking business to run properly.

I didn't really care about this until when i was managing Colchester United in the Championship and they accepted a 1.5 million offer for Johnnie Jackson from QPR. The chairman accepted the offer cause it was too good to turn down, Jackson was my best player and because we lost him we got relegated

There's no real way of stopping it without cheating... however, it's fairly realistic in that world class players are unlikely, with all due respect to our Scottish friends, to stay in the SPL.

This feature does need tweaking however, as some chairman seem to be accepting bids when it is not necessarily beneficial financially to the club e.g.: if the bid is not significantly more than what you paid for a player, or if the player is a stand-out best player and his sale leads to the club's relegation.

However, people complaining that they have £X amount in the bank and do not need to sell a player have little grounds for complaint I feel, as if an offer is too good to refuse, regardless of the amount in the bank the chairman may feel compelled to sell. For example, IRL, Fletcher is a decent squad player for Man Utd, and they stand on solid financial ground, but if Barcelona came along and offered £30M for him it is unlikely the Glazier's would let Fergie block the sale.

If the bid has already been accepted there isn't too much you can do.

However, if you've got a player that you really want to keep hold of, set the asking price to £0 and tick the reject all offers option. This method will prevent the chairman from selling your players over your head in the future.

Personally I just set the asking price of all my players I don't want to sell stupidly high. I've never seen a chairman sell a player for under your asking price.

Even when you do that the CPU teams will sometimes bid lower than your asking price and still get their bid accepted.

To the OP, I have won 7 straight league wins, eg. not lost one yet, and always compete in the latter stages of CL. Also won the CL and my chairman, David Murray, still accepts bids, its not just that but I know I can get more than what he accepts, thats why its so annoying.

Two things.

2) The moment the chairman accepts the bid, offer that player out for free to all clubs AND offer them a new contract. This gives you two possible alternatives to the large bid. Firstly that he'll just accept your contract and therefore not move, or secondly that he'll accept the offer of one of the clubs who came in on a free and therefore you can cancel it because the chairman wont accept it over your head.

Not perfect, but two out of three chance of fixing it is better than just accepting the situation.

VB

Pretty much says it all. Chances are, offering the player out to clubs for £0 will result in clubs of a high stature bidding, and the player accepting their terms, rather than the bid the Chairman accepted, allowing you to cancel the deal and keep the player.

there is a way to get it work work with vista. right click the icon and select "run as admin". works perfectly

• 3 years later...
If they are happy at your club and not after a transfer, you can just offer a new contract and they will accept and all will be well. Essentially WHS ^

The problem for me is when I went to the play profile, there was no option to offer a new contract when my chairman had accepted a 110 million offer from Man Utd for Neymar at Fiorentina. So I closed the game, and opened from my previous saved point and then when Man Utd enquired about Neymar again I set asking price for 240 million and they didnt follow up anymore. Last time when I rejected their enquiry they had come back with the 110 million offer.

Archived