Can he play for England?

I think so, unless he is declared for Russia, I think that he can play for whichever national side chooses him, IIRC, it's only when a player get a full cap that he becomes unable to play for another country, I could well be wrong though, it may be U-21 that is the cut off

He can but the hardest part is getting him out of the Russian U-21 squad, they could sit him there for months and then promote him to the senior squad.

Just hope he gets dropped or gets an injury. Or, alternatively he gets kicked out of the squad around the age of 22.

That's if you're backing him for an England career, you may like the Russians. :p

no he cant as if he has played a match for russia under 21's he cant change to english as he has to make the choice b4 changing to russian in the 1st place.

I don't think he can as Kevin Nolan wanted to play for Ireland but he couldn't because he had a under 21 cap for England.

Doesnt matter what team they play for up to u21, they can play for whoever still. I had a scottish gk playing england u21 games and his natioanlity stayed scottish.

Ive now got sergio mota and guilherm as england internationals with brazil u21 caps. If the player is an eu national, they are unliklyn to change nationality but outside they generally take dual.

Unfotunatly, it is very unusual for a player to want to play for his adopted nation.

both Kerlon and renato augusto took english citizenship but both opted for brazil on same day.(stupid boys have never plaed for them again). You cannot tempt the players but i assuume if they like you they maty play for you as national coach.

You can ionly tell if they will play, if the national status on their profile says declared for ex, or if you can select them in the national team. ge them signed up asap, ie 1 england full cap, as i have known (in older games) for them to be in your squad and then suddenly get a full call up to theuir birth country and they bugger off.

Incidently, i wonder if you could get a row going by being say england and brazil managers and both try picking a player.....

I definately think he would be able to play for england because in real life as long as you have not had a full international cap you can play for whoever. I think that you just have to apply to FIFA before hand. An example i can think of off the top of my head is quincy owusu-abeyie who played for holland u-21s but now has 9 caps for ghana.

Yes he can.

I'm currently England manager on my game. There was a decent (not brilliant) keeper who had already played for Scotland U21. I called him up for an international and brought him on for the last 10 mins. He now can't play for Scotland. It was a bit mean really as I've never played him again, but it deprives Scotland of someone they may have played in the future.

West Ham striker Carlton Cole looks certain to be ruled out of making his international debut for Nigeria.

Cole was included in a 20-man squad by Nigeria coach Shaibu Amodu for the clash with South Africa early next month.

But current Fifa guidelines mean that the former Chelsea forward is likely to be deemed ineligible to play for the Super Eagles.

The Croydon-born forward was a regular member of England's Under 21 squad earlier in his career and turned down previous call-ups from Nigeria, saying instead he wanted to play for his homeland.

Under Fifa guidelines, players who represent one country at junior level are allowed to switch to another country provided they are still under the age of 21.

With Cole, who has a Nigerian father and Sierra Leonean mother, due to turn 25 in November, playing for Nigeria appears to be out of the question.

skysports link

Archived