Youth Player Project - Sponsored by Dafuge's Challenge

Youth Player Project

Every year we get a new batch of youth players, and the Ass Man singles out the best one of them. (I'm assuming they have the best P.A of the group.)

My aim is to take this player, give them some first team football, and track their career, be it at Real London, or should they move on. Each season I will add a new player to the reports, (naturally) and just think it could be fun, interesting and informative of what happens with them.

Thread Rules :

There are no real "rules" - as this is a supplementary challenge, and can be run along side many, or even ANY of the other challenges in the forum, but I will ask that participants provide as many screen shots as possible. Day 1 of the players career and end of season screenshots, with small reports are what I opt for, but you can provide as many, or few as you wish. There is no limit to this challenge, nor is there a finishing post. You may come and go as you wish, and do not have to follow my example with taking a player every season. Should you wish, you could take on the player every 2, 5, 10 or even 50 seasons if you choose.

The most important thing is that you're enjoying and are dedicated to the challenge. And that you have fun.

Of course, the mandatory house rules, still apply within this thread.

Seasons marked with a "*" indicate the player was only on loan for that season

If other wish to use this, or a similar method to denote which seasons the player spent away from the club for a season, be my guest.

Hall of Fame

To be inducted into the hall of fame, a youth player must have been an exceptional talent for his team. This doesn't mean he must score every game and lead the club to win all and sundry, but it is vital the player gives his all, while make an outstanding difference. This could be saving the club from relegation, winning a title with the club, or going on to win international awards. The players will be hand picked by the panel, and once inducted are there for life. They will have stats updated as an when they are given to the panel by the clubs.

Player Name (life)| Club Name | Manager | App | Gls | Int A | Int G |

[url="http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/NepentheZ/Real%20London/Season%201/JohnAdam.jpg"]John Adams[/url] (09-26)| Rl London | Nep     | 456 | 172 | 1(U21)|   0   |

Newly Inducted Players

John Adams : John Adams was the original. He was the first youth project with Real London, and set the way for the other youth projects all over the world. He had a spectacular career with Real London, playing in every division form the Blue Square South all the way up to the Championship. Unfortunately Adams retired the season Real London got promoted to the Premiership, so never got to taste the high life. Adams went on to coach at Real London, and managed to pick up 1 U-21 Cap for Scotland.

EDIT : The Hall of Fame isn't finished yet. I'm just using what I have as a template to build the greatest HoF ever. Suggestions are welcome. PM me or MSN me :D

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of Season Reports

Player 1 - John Adams

John Adam, AM/F C

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Profile

End of Season 4 - Profile

End of Season 5 - Profile

End of Season 6 - Profile

End of Season 7 - Profile

End of Season 8 - Profile

End of Season 9 - Profile

End of Season 10 - Profile

Interest from Dag & Red

First International Game (Scotland U-19)

First International Game (Scotland U-21)

Real Londons Record League Scorer

Real Londons "Most Goals in a Match" Record Holder

5 Goals in a Game

Real London - "Favored Personnel"

Club  |Season | Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | Av R

Rl Ldn |   1   | 35(9)| 21  |  5  |  -  | 7.16
Rl Ldn |   2   | 36(2)| 19  |  6  | 11  | 7.42
Rl Ldn |   3   | 39(1)| 28  | 11  |  7  | 7.35
Rl Ldn |   4   | 46(6)| 27  |  8  | 15  | 7.27
Rl Ldn |   5   | 15(24| 17  |  5  |  4  | 7.08
Rl Ldn |   6   | 34(19| 25  |  6  |  4  | 7.15
Rl Ldn |   7   | 14(20| 10  |  0  |  8  | 6.88
Rl Ldn |   8   |  5(10|  4  |  0  |  5  | 7.07
Rl Ldn |   9   |  8(9)|  3  |  0  |  4  | 7.06
Rl Ldn |  10   |  11(9|  1  |  0  |  2  | 6.75

Season info - 3 years on the trot now, Project 1 has failed to produce. He scored on 1 goal in 20 apps, which only came in his 17th game. Ample opportunity to get games.

Player 3 - Andrew Martin

Andrew Martin - MC

End of Season 1 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Stats and Figures

End of Season 4 - Stats and Figures

End of Season 5 - Stats and Figures

End of Season 6 - Stats and Figures

End of Season 7 - Stats and Figures

End of Season 8 - Profile

End of Season 8 - Stats and Figured

Club  |Season |  Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | Pass | Pass | Pass% | Av R

Rl Ldn |   1   | 13(13)|  1  |  0  |  7  | 553  | 358  |  64  | 6.92
Enfield|   2   | 20    |  1  |  1  |  9  |  -   |  -   |  69  | 7.25*
Rl Ldn |   3   | 2(2)  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  83  |  62  |  59  | 7.04
Rl Ldn |   4   | 0(1)  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  -   |  -   |   -  | 6.00
Weald  |   4   | 19    |  2  |  0  |  5  | 400  | 288  |  71  | 7.21*
Enfield|   5   | 22    |  1  |  0  |  9  | 440  | 302  |  68  | 7.00*
Enfield|   6   | 23(1) |  0  |  0  | 13  | 480  | 330  |  68  | 7.13*
Enfield|   7   | 24(1) |  4  |  1  | 12  | 500  | 373  |  74  | 7.44*
Enfield|   8   | 25    |  3  |  0  |  6  |  -   |  -   |  66  | 7.00*

Season Info - Yet again didn't perform. Released

Player 4 - Dale Schofield DC

Dale Schofield - DC

Club  |Season |  Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | TPG | Av R

Rl Ldn |   1   |   8(2)|  0  |  0  |  0  | 1.22| 6.50
Rl Ldn |   2   |  19   |  0  |  0  |  1  | 1.55| 7.05
Rl Ldn |   3   |   4(1)|  0  |  0  |  0  | 0.44| 7.20
Rl Ldn |   4   |  17(1)|  0  |  0  |  0  | 1.41| 6.78
Enfield|   5   |   8(2)|  0  |  0  |  0  | 1.82| 6.70*
W'Stone|   6   |  27   |  3  |  0  |  4  | 1.63| 6.70*
Enfield|   7   |  21(1)|  1  |  0  |  4  | 1.87| 7.36*

Season Info - Not a bad season, but getting on a bit now. Released

Player 6 - Matt Williams AMR/ST

Matt Williams - Profile

Billericay Interest

Rl Ldn |   1   | 16(24|  9  |  2  |  4  | 6.93
Rl Ldn |   2   |  3(15|  5  |  1  |  3  | 7.11
Chesham|   3   | 13   |  6  |  0  |  1  | 7.38*
W'Stone|   4   | 16   |  3  |  0  |  2  | 7.31*
W'Stone|   5   | 28   | 11  |  1  |  3  | 7.29*

Season Info - A good season. Stats wise, he's really excelled, and will provide suitable back up for me next season.

Player 7 - Kevin Fry AMR/ST

Kevin Fry - Profile

Rl Ldn |   1   | 25(26| 15  |  2  | 16  | 7.24
Rl Ldn |   2   |  8(17|  4  |  1  |  3  | 6.68
Rl Ldn |   3   | 11(1)|  2  |  0  |  5  | 7.17
Rl Ldn |   4   | 25(4)| 11  |  2  |  6  | 7.38

Season Info - Played very well in the FR role. Got time on the field due to injuries, and ended up 2nd top scorer for the season.

Player 8 - Jamie Ogden MC

Jamie Ogden - Profile

Club  |Season |  Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | Pass | Pass | Pass% | Av R

Rl Ldn |   1   |  1(3) |  0  |  0  |  0  |  -   |   -  |   64 | 6.50
W'Stone|   2   |  17(4)|  0  |  0  |  7  |  -   |   -  |   67 | 5.81*
W'Stone|   3   |  17(2)|  0  |  0  |  3  |  -   |   -  |   65 | 5.63*

Season Info - Just awful. The worst player to come from my youth projects thus far. Poor attempt at a season, and will be offloaded at the end of contract. (x2)

Player 9 - Daniel Spring MC

Daniel Spring - Profile

Club  |Season |  Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | Pass | Pass | Pass%| Av R

Rl Ldn |   1   |  3(6) |  0  |  0  |  0  |  -   |   -  |   66 | 6.44
Enfield|   2   | 25(1) |  3  |  0  |  11 |  -   |   -  |   70 | 7.15*

Season Info - Not too bad, but will never make the grade.

Player 10 - Dave Fowler GK

Dave Fowler - Profile

Club  |Season | Apps | Cln  | Con | MoM | Av R

Rl Ldn|   1   |   7  |  0   | 24  |  1  | 7.14

Season Info - Although he had a bad season, hes not a bad player, and could easily be my back up GK until I get promoted.

Player 11 - Josh Reynolds MC

Josh Reynolds - Profile

Player Info - Doesn't look too good, but will get his chance, like the rest.

RETIRED PLAYERS

Player 2 - Mathew McManus - RETIRED

Mathew McManus ST

Club   |Season |  Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | Av R

Rl Ldn |   1   | 16(14)|  11 |  1  |  8  | 6.97
Rl Ldn |   2   | 20(10)|   7 |  1  |  9  | 6.90
W'stone|   3   | 17(2) |   2 |  0  |  0  | 5.42*
Enfield|   4   | 26    |   3 |  0  |  4  | 7.04*

Career Totals -

Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass |
105 |  23 |  2  |  21 |

Player History - A good first season, but down hill from there. released at the end of season 4, and retired age 19, due to not finding a club.

Player 5 - Kevin Hudson MC - RETIRED

Kevin Hudson - MC

End of Season 1 - Stats and Figures

End of Season 2 - Stats and Figures

End of Season 3 - Stats and Figures

End of Season 4 - Stats and Figures

Club  |Season |  Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass | Pass | Pass | Pass | Av R

Rl Ldn |   1   |    1  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  18  |  13  |   -  | 6.00
Rl Ldn |   2   |    1  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  18  |  16  |   67 | 7.00
Weald  |   2   |   19(1|  0  |  0  |  5  |   -  |   -  |   68 | 6.60*
Enfield|   3   |   9(2)|  0  |  0  |  3  | 220  | 141  |   64 | 6.82*
Enfield|   4   |   19  |  0  |  0  |  9  | 380  | 274  |   72 | 7.26*
Chesham|   5   |   16(1|  1  |  0  |  2  |   -  |   -  |   65 | 6.06*

Career Totals

Apps | Gls | MoM | Ass
69  |  1  |  0  | 19

Player History - Not a great career. A fair few assists, but nothing major to note.

I've been reading this as it's been going on and I think it's a great idea, it's nice to see a bit of variety in the sorts of things people want to do with the game.

At Wycombe I've got a lad who came through the youth team who looks like he will be a quality player. He's made the DM position his own and I'll probably make him captain in a couple of seasons. Just a shame he came through the year before I started managing them, I could have tracked him from the very start.

I'm a bit short of pictures, but here's Ryan Gaughan:

Profile now

Profile one year ago

Ryan came through the youth ranks a couple of weeks before I took the job at Wycombe. He was clearly a lot better than the others as he was in the first team squad despite being just 16 years old.

Scotland

As you can see, he has recently won his first cap at the age of 18 making a sub appearance in the 1-0 win over Belarus in a World Cup qualifier. He later picked up his second cap starting the friendly against Qatar.

Career

I tried to give him a decent amount of games early on in his career, where he started 18 matches in his début season. He has now made the DM position his own and starts every game, rather than being rotated with my other DM.

Scout report

This is what my scout thinks of him, he's no wonderkid but it looks like he should be good enough to make the step up to the Premier League should I ever make it.

can i do this challenge in my career game? I'm with Havant & Waterloovile in season 3. Just wondering if it matters/

Yes mate. Theres no limit to which team you can do this with. You can start it in 2008 or 2080 if you wish. Its limitless.

Right I started this with my Celtic save I'm already at the second season on. I will post screenshots of the player I think will progress the best.

Good stuff Frazza. looking forward to your first update.

So its that time of year again, when I get through regens. My stupid assistant said this player is the best of the bunch: best player but personally I think these two will be better: be better

he'll be better

These are the first 3 I will be following. I will add 3 players each year. I will be loaning out all 3 for the season. Thanks for reading.

assistant best player

my best player no.1

my best player no.2

Great job on tracking 3 careers Frazza. The first guy that you picked seems to have good attributes for a 16 year old, and could easily be a good player. the only reason I go with what the Ass Man says, is because I assume (but could be wrong) that this player has the best P.A for the group.

Looking forward to your updates Paul. Being Arsenal, you could get some real gems come through, and add a new dimension to the challenge where players are actually successful :D since mine are all pretty carp. :(

The first guy that you picked seems to have good attributes for a 16 year old, and could easily be a good player.

What the assistants one? If so with stats like that it seems he might've peaked and might not improve anymore. Only time will tell though.

What the assistants one? If so with stats like that it seems he might've peaked and might not improve anymore. Only time will tell though.

No, the player YOU picked first. So the second link that you provided. Good luck with him. Good physical attributes for a 16 year old.

Yeah I'm a bit worried hes peaked too soon.

I don't think so. From what I remember using Genie Scout back in FM05 or 06 - They usually have C.A of about 25-30 and potential ability ranges. So he may have a lot of improvements to go. I'm not sure if its still the same format for 08 though, since theres no scouting tools for Mac anymore.

looking at this thread inspired me to browse through my transfer history in my Blsany save from Gundo's challenge. It seems a lot of the regens from my own team faded away once they were released. I did found something interesting however - one of my current first team strikers (now in 2017/18 season) is a reject from my youth system! :D It seems I let him go for a measly 10k when he was 17, forgot about him and resigned him as a 23 year-old. Never got a news item about it so I just didn't realise until now. :)

looking at this thread inspired me to browse through my transfer history in my Blsany save from Gundo's challenge. It seems a lot of the regens from my own team faded away once they were released. I did found something interesting however - one of my current first team strikers (now in 2017/18 season) is a reject from my youth system! :D It seems I let him go for a measly 10k when he was 17, forgot about him and resigned him as a 23 year-old. Never got a news item about it so I just didn't realise until now. :)

I'll get some screenies/ career history up later. ;)

I'll get some screenies/ career history up later. ;)

Scrap that - I was just getting the screenshots ready when I noticed his career history went down off the screen. He's not actually a product of my youth system as he spent 1 season at another club before I picked him up on a free and then sold him a year later....

Btw, I sold him for 10k (I was still at that stage in gundo's challenge where 10k was a lot of money :rolleyes:) and brought him back 6 years and 3 clubs later for 250k. :eek: He's worth 1mil now.:D

I might want to get into this too the next season (im in april 2014 with PSV).

Unfortunately, I always tend to buy 18 year old Slovenians and Czechs and tend to play them instead of my Dutch homegrown youngsters. :p

I also have a Hungarian regen midfielder who I got for free from MTK while at Toronto FC. I bought him for 60k when I moved to Plymouth and got him again when I moved to PSV for 300k. Now worth over 6 million :D

My save is broken. It's saying every player that plays against me used to play for me. I'm also getting the bug where your keeper runs out after taking a goal kick. So I'm starting again. This time with Liverpool.

Unlucky with that :D

Good luck in you new save, at least you'll be able to track from the start.!

Nice work Paul. Can't wait to start seeing how people go about this. I've just taken on my 12th player. Doing 1 a year, and Still have my FIRST player in my first team, even though hes pants :D

He's been with me from BSS through to Div. 1 :D

So got my youngsters through with Liverpool. My assistant said this guy will be the best player and tbf I totally agree with him. He looks brilliant. I think the gk will be qg as well. the rest of the bunch look like a bunch of donkeys but I have to pick someone else so the final regen is an English forward with awesome hair. I am looking forward to see how his hair will be in a few years. I will try to get all 3 out on loan for the season. Thanks for reading.

haha just remembered something, at the start of my career game, I gave all my players new positions (the option) and i've just noticed that some players can play in different places:

Johan Djourou - DLC

Gael Clichy - DLC/WBL

Theo Walcott - WB/AMR, FC

Cesc Fabregas - MLC

Alex Hleb - AMRC

Nicklas Bendtner - AML, FC

Just think it's quite interesting, and a marvelous feature too

Archived