Football Manager is more realistic than you think

As we all know, in real life, England failed to qualify for Euro 2008. However, in our FM08 experience, England are always qualifying, sometimes even winning the competition.

So, just as a bit of light humour (certainly made me laugh), here 's proof that FM08 is more realistic than you give it credit for being.

The game was started 1st July 07, and England had 5 matches to escape their realistic fate. But they lost 2-1 to both Russia and Croatia.

As we all know, in real life, England failed to qualify for Euro 2008. However, in our FM08 experience, England are always qualifying, sometimes even winning the competition.

So, just as a bit of light humour (certainly made me laugh), here 's proof that FM08 is more realistic than you give it credit for being.

The game was started 1st July 07, and England had 5 matches to escape their realistic fate. But they lost 2-1 to both Russia and Croatia.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by llama3:

yeah that drives me nuts sometimes, england being made better than they are! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not this again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jack.browne:

Exactly what I was thinking. ^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you know, there's been this discussion ongoing since i started playing, with CM99/00. English players made better than real life performances warrant.

i think its rather funny. icon_razz.gif

i have to agree that english clubs appear a tad stronger than they should be. when i was managing barca, i would rather get real madrid in the knock out stage than an english club, though i did win the champs league once by eliminating liverpool, chelsea and arsenal! icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

On a slight side note, i think England will get worse. Unless the FA reduce the number of allowed foreigners But that's not going to happen because TV rules all and they wont have it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why do people always go on about the number of foreigners effecting the english game, the reason england suck is cause they have no flar and its all about how fast and strong you are, there no skill training at young ages so saying it the foreigners is just bull

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

On a slight side note, i think England will get worse. Unless the FA reduce the number of allowed foreigners But that's not going to happen because TV rules all and they wont have it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think you'll find that it's more to do with employment law actually.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sgwombles:

i have to agree that english clubs appear a tad stronger than they should be. when i was managing barca, i would rather get real madrid in the knock out stage than an english club, though i did win the champs league once by eliminating liverpool, chelsea and arsenal! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FM is SO unrealistic... two years in a row on my game, three out of the four Champions League semi finalists were from England... and the second year, BOTH the finalists were English!!!

oh... hang on...

If Matt Le Tissier and his european type football had played more for England they might have done better. Also Jimmy Bullard is one of the best players in the Premiership in terms of his passing and tireless, never-say-die attitude. He should be the first name on any England team. And that fat, brainless idiot Rooney is crap!

Archived