Best way to get a player to mutually terminate his contract?

Just wondering what the best way to get a player to agree to terminate his contract was on FM12,I've got a player in my reserves on a contract of 1.3k per week and want to mutually terminate it if possible,this would then free me up to get the Attacking Midfielder my side needs,however whichever option I seem to use just offends him and he doesn't seem to terminate,so is it impossible to get him to terminate or is there a set of options that gets him to terminate his contract more often than not.

Generally the only way to do this without having to pay up all the wages he is due under his contract is to try and annoy the player so much that he hates you. I'm talking fines, no playing time, training with the kids etc. Even then, they often stubbornly refuse to go, which is understandable because they are earning good money.

I generally find that unless I can get another team to sign them on a free by offering them around, you will be stuck with him. The other option is to try and loan him out, with the target team paying a % of his wage.

I just let a player rot in the reserves for a year, and basically not giving in to any of his demands to the point where he wouldn't talk to me. I eventually got him to terminate but not before he spent one year in reserves collecting US$5 million...it took around $800k to terminate before the start of next season.

I always set the player status to first team and then leave them off the roster. Once they complain about playing time I promise them a slot and then fail to follow through. Once the unhappy message comes they always seem to mutually terminate. The process takes a couple months.

At Woking I had signed Anthony Jeffrey, a youngster who failed to make the grade at Arsenal. He looked great, fitted into my formation and my scouts spotted his potential. He failed to shine, despite playing in the Blue Square South and his playing time was limited and whenever he spoke to me I appeared to annoy him (not purposely, he was just very awkward) and after a short stay, 6 months-ish, he came to me for a mutual termination. Best part? He requested no compensation as he was 'so confident he would find another club in the future'!

I always set the player status to first team and then leave them off the roster. Once they complain about playing time I promise them a slot and then fail to follow through. Once the unhappy message comes they always seem to mutually terminate. The process takes a couple months.

I like the sound of this tactic. Must give it a try with my next awkward customer.

Sounds like you do this a lot! xD

Archived