Youngest legendary player?

What's the youngest player you've had become a legend at your club?

For me, most seem to get them closer to 24 or some even have to wait till like 30. Goalkeepers especially are often mid-thirties before they get it I find.

Youngest I've had is 21 though, a regen striker at Dundee Utd. He'd been there since 18 and experienced a euro cup and a champions league win. I think he got propped up to legend from icon after he scored 14 goals in 6 games. He was an explosive striker, Ghanaian I think.

Anyway, what's the youngest you lot have had?

I think Steven Taylor in my Newcastle save became a legend at 28 or 29. I don't really take much notice tbh. I'm sure in FM10 I had a regen striker become a legend at around 24 but I don't have that save anymore.

That proves to me it's a bit too simple to be a legend..

Legend is someone who gets 200 in 400 games for you club, someone who's been there for 10 years and played over 300 games etc

21 year olds shouldn't be near the status

I dunno, if you score the winning goal in a CL final for a fairly small club...

Mine is a regen for Arsenal, He has played 323 times and scored 171 goals. In the last 2 seasons he has scored as many as he has played. Includes all sub appearances. Is in his 6th season at the club enough to qualify IMO.

I think Legend should be once they leave the club through signing for someone else or retiring. Like Messi for example, will definitely be a legend of our club, but I dont think they should have the status until they finish their time with us

I dunno, if you score the winning goal in a CL final for a fairly small club...

Which I expect my striker (Alliou Diallo) probably did, I can't quite remember because it was a couple of seasons ago now, but he was my first choice striker back even then. He scored 11 goals in that season in continental competition, out of 11 games.

He's averaging more than a goal a game, sure, it might be premature him being a Legend, I was surprised by it, but he definitely deserves Icon for helping a small club like Dundee Utd to glory in europe, twice.

The whole favoured personnel thing is blatantly weighted to goals and average rating, rather than loyalty and appearances.

My first legendary player on FM11 was a central defender called Hernan Alvarez who was considered a legend at around 26 years old. He had captained the club for 4 years by that point and ultimately he became my assistant while still playing at 32, although I stopped playing that save shortly after. The other legends were his partner in defence, Evans Mutua and my best ever winger Alexandre. Mutua was probably the best defender I'd ever seen on football manager and Alexandre destroyed teams almost single handedly. Even my superstar striker Claverie didn't end up being called a legend despite a nearly 1-1 goals per game ratio. So I don't think its too weighted to goals. Average rating on the other hand... but in truth that's probably justified for the most part, very few players are considered eternal legends of a club for putting in solid if unremarkable performances each week for 10-15 years alone.

Maybe over a period of time, but often it seems a striker only has to have a 20 goal season and he's already on the favoured personnel list. Then you'll have a keeper who makes 500 appearances and he's nowhere to be seen.

Well I think there's no doubt that that strikers are often unfairly favoured. That said, I've had one striker become a legend from an average-good record and another stay at favourite with an OUTSTANDING goalscoring record over a much longer period of time. It seems random. Also, in real life strikers are often favoured in the publics eyes.

It wasn't a legendary situation but I thought it was pretty neat that Carlos Vela (just signed him at the tail end of his career for a newly promoted team) in FM11 became a favorite after 1 game....he debuted with a hat trick off the bench in a win. I thought that was a nice touch since fans really are that quick to jump on a player positively or negatively.

Archived