Idea - Rumour Mill

Just thought this might be a runner.

Currently - you very rarely see the happiness of players unless you subscribe to them, the league or the team.

But thought it would be good to be able to see players and clubs in and around your own Reputation that have issues with their club.

Perhaps you're playing League 2 football and there's a player in League 1 who is not happy with not having first team football - the manager agrees to put them on loan.

But this doesn't give you a chance to know that a player is having strained relations with club.

Thought it would be a good idea to have a "Rumour Mill" where you see a bunch of clubs and or players in who are unhappy with their current situation and that would give you a chance to capitalise on securing their signature.

There are plenty of times within the game where I see that Liverpool have signed a player that I may have been interested in but neglected to subscribe to that player or club.

A "Rumour Mill" might give up the fact that my rivals are bidding for a player for €20m or even €5m or even €100k (depending on the league and your Repuatation).

It's just a suggestion - perhaps it means something like a news item of such (perhaps managing say Man Utd)

Man Utd may be interested in securing the services of "Yann M'Villa" to replace their injured Darren Fletcher. It is rumoured that both Liverpool and Manchester City have had initial bids for him turned down.

And you get similar things like this

Swansea goalkeeper Michel Vorm insists he is happy to stay with the Welsh side despite rumoured interest from Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United.

I suggest that perhaps 20 items or less appear in a list for you - and you don't have to be subscribed - it's simply based on what your CLOSEST RIVALS and your REPUTATION and the REPUTATION OF YOUR PLAYERS against the REPUTATION OF THE PLAYER IN QUESTION.

This means there wouldn't be silly rumours of me signing a player from League 3 simply because (at Man Utd) my closest rivals Leeds are considering bidding for a player in Leauge 2 or 3.

This might give you the opportunity to latch on to other players you might not other wise consider bidding for.

It could also show that "Thiago Silva" is reportedly unhappy that his manager has fined him and is considering his options for the transfer window.

You'd get this report because he's a player that is unhappy, he's a similar level or better than your current squad, playing for a club with a similar reputation.

This might give you the opportunity to unsettle the player at his club and perhaps even sign him for a bit less than you normally would.

I know you do.

But you don't hear about higher rep players/clubs that are not on your subs list or your shortlist.

That's the problem.

When I played as Barcelona - Liverpool signed Cavani for €20m in my save and I didn't get a news item about it. Surely that is news I should be getting regardless if I'm subscribed to them or not.

But if I start as Leeds with my favourite team as Barcelona, I get COUNTLESS reports that Kerisson is looking for a way out - even though I have NO HOPE of signing him for Leeds.

Looking at extending the automatic subscriptions to KEY transfer rumours surrounding players that are around the same Reputation as your own club.

If a player in a League above me is Unhappy - I want to hear about it. If a transfer is happening for a player that is a key signing for a rival club - I want to hear about it.

Regardless of who is on my shortlist or in my subscription list.

I see what you mean and agree to an extent.

Does FM12 still have the league rumours tab? Perhaps an extension of that into news messages would be the answer.

Its just a question of finding a balance between too much & too little information but its a problem SI have been juggling for several versions in terms of how to submerge the user into the gameworld.

I like x42b6's idea better, perhaps with it hidden in amongst a range of newpaper like stories.

I think having it as a tab you can click on would make it too easy. The transfer rumours screen already shows something similar for your division, and often the players listed there are willing to move.

The game already does waaaay too much for players i think, like basically every other game out there we are a few years a way from just clicking our way straight through them

Does FM12 still have the league rumours tab? Perhaps an extension of that into news messages would be the answer.

Yeah, that still exists. I've signed loads of players by reading that, seeing that the players I'm being linked with are actually awesome, and putting in a bid.

I'm not sure about on a continue screen - way too many times I'm reading that and it just disappears never to be seen.

There are Rumour Screens - but they don't pop up in the news items.

I'm really talking about once a week or once a month. Just players in and around your Reputation.

In reality - there's nothing stopping any manager going to a newspaper or to a website and reading transfer gossip on other players. I imagine a lot them actually have RSS feeds setup for this - perhaps for each division or leauge.

IRL one of my favourite things to do is read the Gossip column on the Football websites.

It would make it a bit more realisitic to say get a Rumour on a player that is playing above par in a lower rep league. Say for example how Hazard is being linked to major clubs at the moment - simply because he's been scouted by lots of clubs.

Currently within the game - you wouldn't get a notice about a young player being subjected to visits from clubs and scouts. But in actuality you would find out about this through other chanels other than "watchlists".

Perhaps I haven't thought the whole idea through yet, it was just an idea. I just think the current "watchlist" (subscriptions and shortlists) and "rumours" within the game don't give you enough of a heads up on potential signings.

And I would prefer those kept within one news item - I think everyone would.

Would be good if you could have news items relating to if you ahve dispatched a scout to watch a player / game and then speculations coming from that.

I imagine if i have a scout who i dispatch regularly before signing someone, such like a cheif scout, then the press would notice when he is there.

I often hear commentators say "There's scouts from such and such a club at the game", it could be very similar to if a Manager is at a game to watch one of your players, perhaps a signing, or an international manager checking on players.

I reckon that Coaches and Players could also add to the Rumour Mill - with mutual Favourites between coaches, and players sparking some sort of interest.

At the moment I'm pretty sick of hearing that Kerrison and Henrique are looking for a way out at Barcelona just because I'm subscribed to Barcelona. It comes up weekly. The only way to get rid of it is to unsubscribe from Barca and I don't want to do that, catch 22.

It would be nice to see Rumours and things squashed into one Bulletin a week or a month - and it might help to catch some key transfer action you miss out on - simply because it never shows up in the News Reel at all.

I agree with this - effectively a 'transfer rumours' tab where you can go in and see likely deals and so on - or players with a high reputation who are in talks with clubs and so on.

Absolutely. We all kinda know what players are in talks with other clubs, most of the time. I'm sure managers, scouts, coaches etc. have a much better idea than the general public.

But it would be nice for a list of high rep players who are "rumoured" to be targeted or in talks with a club.

I don't think the game currently has anything like this?

Archived