Too many own goals?

It isn't the patch, it's simply the fact that even if a shot is going straight down the middle of the goal it will be classed as an OG if it takes a slight touch off a defender or goalkeeper.

In real life goalkeepers being awarded OG's is really rare, but in FM it's an all too common sight.

counted my last 14 games, there were 6 own goals.. 1 of them as you described the shot deflected and gone in (ok this just shouldnt be a own goal), 1 goal was a cross from my wing back right onto the goalkeeper he somehow punched the ball into his own goal?! okay..

and 4 others were almost all the same, simple pass into the box from the side and one of the defenders having "trouble" to first touch control the ball or something.. and just deflecting it in

I quit a newly started Athletic Bilbao save yesterday, as I drew with Shalke 2-2, I was 2 up, two own goals in second half left me with a draw. THEN, the very next game (against Gijon) I lost 3-0 ALL own goals, ALL 5 of these were off of corners too. Call me a bad loser, whatever, but it p***ed me off.

I am not exactly counting, but I feel that too many minor deflections are counted as own goals.

Have tried searching for statistics regarding the percentage of own goals in real life football vs. FM to no avail. I guess people have a tendency to react with too much sensitivity to "unusual" happenings and FM without being aware of how statistically correct FM is to real life.

I am not exactly counting, but I feel that too many minor deflections are counted as own goals.

Have tried searching for statistics regarding the percentage of own goals in real life football vs. FM to no avail. I guess people have a tendency to react with too much sensitivity to "unusual" happenings and FM without being aware of how statistically correct FM is to real life.

Statistically correct does not equal practically correct.

That being said,I'm not exactly having a problem with own goals,but, they do seem a bit too clustered up when happening. When they start happening it's on games that are close to each other. Having them a bit more sporadically would make things seem less of a common problem to be honest.

Statistically correct does not equal practically correct.

That being said,I'm not exactly having a problem with own goals,but, they do seem a bit too clustered up when happening. When they start happening it's on games that are close to each other. Having them a bit more sporadically would make things seem less of a common problem to be honest.

Personally, the amount of own goals in itself is not as suspicious or irritating as the own goals "for" my side, that decreases the amount of goals scored by my players.

Archived