Steam Achievements - English Hero

I have just started a saved game and an managing Blyth in the lowest league in England. To achieve English Hero on Steam, do I have to stay with Blyth until they are in the Premier League or once I have got them promoted, can I switch clubs and manage a different club in the Bluesquare Premier League ?

Very confused about this Steam Achievement

Just to be sure. I assume you are aware that it's not the BS Premier League you have to win promotion to in order to get the achievement...?

You have to reach EPL with a club from the bottom division. Therefore switching clubs before you have reached that will not earn it for you. Also not working your way up there via managing different clubs.

hth :)

yes taking a blue square north or south to the premier league to get the achievements, no sackings, moving clubs etc. really hard but ive done it with basingstoke town.

good achievement though but it was tough on me. no finances, takeovers not completed and couldnt bring players in. board takeovers 3 times where i had to fight for my job.

Yeah, I knew it was promotion to EPL, I just thought taking a league 2 club up to the prem might have counted, as that is where the english 'league' system is counted from irl. Ah well, might just give up with york then!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Apologies for bumping an old thread but I have a quick question: can you get the 'English Hero' achievement when using edited leagues to add steps 3 & 4 to a save?

If I edited step 3 & 4 leagues into the English structure, I'm curious to know whether or not this achievement would pop up if I started with a step 4 side. Does anyone know the answer to this?

It doesn't matter a great deal but I have an idea for a save starting out with a step 4 side and it would be fun to try for the 'English Hero' achievement as well.

The English Hero is one of the harder achievements because you cannot scout Europe at all until you make it to League 2. On top of that if you start out with Sunday Footballer rep barely anybody wants to play

for you and sign on.

I decided to start my save in the French National. Europe scouting after promotion to Ligue 2 and once I get promoted to Ligue 1 achieving French Hero, I plan to quit my job and take up a BSS or BSN job. I should have gained enough managerial rep to be taken more seriously by that point.

• 3 years later...

Hello, i play in FM 2010 and have  similar problem with "English Hero" achievement. I dont used any editors, zero days on holiday. Wimbledon was relegated from Blue Square Premier to BS South when I started, this may be the reason? (But I played two seasons in Blue Square South)

Screen

On 23/02/2012 at 20:30, rimm! said:

Yeah, I knew it was promotion to EPL, I just thought taking a league 2 club up to the prem might have counted, as that is where the english 'league' system is counted from irl. Ah well, might just give up with york then!

The English league system contains 26 levels, of which the top 4 levels make up the Premier League and Football League.

Archived