Every player on first team wants 200k+

Over the last 7 years, I have worked hard in game to bring Liverpool for good to completely fricken awesome!!

We are dominating the world, winning every comp for the last 7 years!! While boring I know, I am trying to become the richest club in the world before looking for a new challenge, darn Barcelona and R. Madrid are still worth twice as much as me!!

Anyway, not it has got to the stage where any first team players + regular subs are wanting 200k plus in wages!!

I can afford it, just, but refuse to.

Getting somewhat rediculous!

Does the top team in the world in real life right now pay all there players and subs 200k each per week?

I think you need to learn to negotiate, just because a player/agent wants £200k a week doesn't mean thats what you have to offer.

Do you look at the agent attributes when dealing with contract offers?

Once you buckle to one though others will follow - If they get too much you need to sell/release and replace with other players that will settle for less.

In seven years time they probably will;)

Yes, but it has always been said that there is no inflation in this game. If that's true, the top player in 2050 should be asking for about the same money as the top player in 2011.

Having said that, I think this is probably more of a game balance issue, which is that if you try to assemble the best 11 players in the world in one team, it should have some consequences: one of which is your club runs out of money.

It may also be an issue that players in FM base their demands on what their teammates are earning. So if you give 200k to one player, others are likely to demand rough parity.

I think you need to learn to negotiate, just because a player/agent wants £200k a week doesn't mean thats what you have to offer.

Do you look at the agent attributes when dealing with contract offers?

Once you buckle to one though others will follow - If they get too much you need to sell/release and replace with other players that will settle for less.

I can negotiate fine.

Most of these players are 23-24 years old. What will they ask for at age 28 or so?

I hate to imagine.

Anyway, if they do not agree to my terms, I sell them, the transfer budget is so healthy at the moment.

i find that keeping some tranfer budget available, checking demands, if you can't get it lower to the extent you want, to then use it.

i got offered kaka when iwas man utd, he would not budge from 195,000 (whatever he is doing on that god knows).

also a player doing well, naturally wants more money, they all do. that and someclubs already have players on excessive wages (try signing wayne bridge, he is on 90k at city O.O)

I have also started to notice this in 2016. I have become a fairly rich club and won a lot of trophies but players who are good enough to sign for me want at least 80k a week according to my scout reports. Nobody in my squad earns more than 60k a week and that is the way it is staying. Needless to say that I'm now just buying young regens to try and give my club a long term success.

If you have a player on 200k p/w, other players of similar ability and reputation will demand the same. This means that if you sign players who have as much or higher wages than the ones already at the club (where they are), the wage demands for every succeeding player will increase.

The only way you can regulate this is to set a max wage limit that you will not overstep already in the first season. As the team becomes better and better players are available, that limit will naturally increase but it is your job to keep it as low as possible.

In my Las Palmas game (FM11), that wage limit (much lower than the board's) was firstly 15k, then 20k, then 30 and 40k. In 2022 my best player, the best player in the world, had a 100k p/w wage. Barca and the other big clubs still had players at 200+.

In short, don't buy top players from big clubs. Develop them yourself. If you sign star players, you will end up in the situation you are in now.

Archived