Press Conference for New Acquisitions

I just assumed that you should do them, it's part of the deal. But lately, I find that these pressers are potential traps, loaded as they are with questions about how soon your new player will feature in the first eleven. Right now, I have Liverpool, and most of my acquisitions in this particular close season are going to be either backups or prospects, and it occurs to me that being asked about starting opportunities for these guys will cause a lot of "unhappy with...comments" entries on the player information pages. Has anyone declined doing pressers for newly acquired players, and if so, has there been any negative reaction?

I never do press conferences for any players and I don't recieve any negative reaction, I may do it occasionally but only when I make a huge signing, I just like to think that by not answering the questions I'm not putting any pressure on the player, but maybe thats just me :lol:

I always do them for new signings but only because, through trial and error, I've learned the exact replies I need to give to gain a positive response. In the past I've been honest and said 'I had the next few years in mind when looking at this deal..' or whatever and they've always reacted badly, even if that was the purpose they were signed for!

It's not hard at all. Like all kinds of press conferences, they have the same questions and publish the same things all the time to the point of being a bore. Don't answer based on your team plan. Answer in the most positive way, even if it's a total lie.

They are the most DULL and boring thing in the game.

I avoid all press conferences.

In fact the game would be more fun without any press interaction and without teamtalks which are also the devils spawn and not in anyway fun

I just don't do them for new signings. Either you make the new player unhappy, or the players in the team that share his position, are made unhappy.

By not doing them, nobody gets annoyed :) ... and I don't have to answer the same questions over and over again :D .. it's a win-win situation.

Archived