Those who use "Only Commentary" for highlights.

I've always played on commentary only and always will but like you say most of the time you know when a goal is coming. Since the new patch something that annoys me also is everytime you go on tactics and confirm it go's onto the 2D pitch.

I've always played on commentary only and always will but like you say most of the time you know when a goal is coming. Since the new patch something that annoys me also is everytime you go on tactics and confirm it go's onto the 2D pitch.

This had been brought to SI's attention and they are aware of it :thup:

• 1 month later...
Cheers for the info hopefully it will get sorted in the next mini update.

Glad they are aware of it. It's very annoying.

Anybody had their commentary slow down in the new update? Ever since i've started a new game, the commentary slows down when there is a highlight. I've got it set on the fastest setting and it's unbearable slow. Help!?

VERY annoying when you haven't noticed you have conceded, and also when you ask for text commentary only in the latest update it still shows some highlights still, the current update is one of the worst i feel so im hoping the january transfers patch will fix a lot of problems.

Do you know when a goal is coming? Like, if the entire highlight speeds up suddenly, you'll know you are either going to concede a goal or score one. This is especially true when a corner happens.

I have always played with "Commentary Only", and it has been like this for as many versions I can remember. When the commentary lines start flashing by at twice the normal speed, usually for corners or free kicks, you know that it will either be a goal or a red card.

The slight pause for missed penalties in shootouts is even worse, and totally kills the suspense. I haven't watched a penalty shootout in 10 years I think, I just Alt+Tab away, and then return after a few minutes to see the outcome.

I have had the quiet hope over all these years that SI would actually fix what might be one of the longest running issues in the game, but no such luck.

I have always played with "Commentary Only", and it has been like this for as many versions I can remember. When the commentary lines start flashing by at twice the normal speed, usually for corners or free kicks, you know that it will either be a goal or a red card.

The slight pause for missed penalties in shootouts is even worse, and totally kills the suspense. I haven't watched a penalty shootout in 10 years I think, I just Alt+Tab away, and then return after a few minutes to see the outcome.

I have had the quiet hope over all these years that SI would actually fix what might be one of the longest running issues in the game, but no such luck.

Agree completely. I always use "only commentary" and it's nearly always obvious when a goal or a red card is coming.

I've gotten used to it over the years and haven't the patience to watch every key moment in the 3D engine.

Archived