I sort of Cheated, how to offload the players with no gain?? But no loss!

Hey, I signed 2 players, legitimately.

However they did not qualify for a work permit, so they sat in my reserves with a red "WP". I did not have a suitable feeder club, nor would the board let me have another.

So I cancelled my current feeder clubs and tried to get one in Croatia, still the board would not give me anything!!

So I went in to FMRTE and changed the 2 players in question to English player, one was Brazil the other Argentina.

Now I have the guilt's, lol.

The players are top notch 19 year olds, going to dominate, I have not edited anything else but I dislike what I did anyway.

I can't seem to get rid of these players now without costing heaps of cash, or making heaps!!

Any Ideas.

Um, so I found where to do it, increase contract length or make it expire, it expired my whole team, lol.

Guess I will not be Managing Liverpool much longer.

Edit: Just about to play WBA in a match with a side that is full of my youth squad, lol. We will strive.

Yes to add, in FMRTE to change 1 contract you need to go into the person's screen, then contract tab and then make the expiry date a few days later. If you have System Restore turned on on your laptop or PC then locate the save game on your Hard Drive, typically in the Sports Interactive folder in My Dcouments, Right Click on it and select properties. Select the Previous Versions tab and hopefully the save file before the one you saved with the entire team wiped out will be there so you can use that to go back in time.

This was in Windows 7 for the instructions re: the previous save games.

• Administrators

To be honest there's no way you could have 'legitimately' signed players without work permits unless you had a feeder club which made you eligible to do so, so that's a bug in itself. Who were you playing as?

I used FMRTE once in my current save and still feel really guilty...

It wasn't the worst thing in the world, basically there was a coach I really wanted and I didn't quite have the wage budget to hire him (was £100 short of what he would settle for).

So I used FMRTE and increased my wage budget massively, then once he was signed changed the wage budget to what it was previously.

So essentially nothing really changed, I still had to pay him the wage I offered and my wage budget was back to where it was originally, but it still left a nasty taste in the mouth.

Morale of the story: Don't use FMRTE for any reason, as any success you have always feel slightly tainted.

To be honest there's no way you could have 'legitimately' signed players without work permits unless you had a feeder club which made you eligible to do so, so that's a bug in itself. Who were you playing as?

I was playing as Liverpool, I signed them but they had a conditional permit where they had to be at the club for a certain amount of days before i can play them, in England it is 3 years. i could of loaned them out but would of had to be a Croatian club in order to fast track the permit.

Archived