Missing players and other data issues in iFMH 2012

• SI Staff

Hi,

Please post any missing players and any other data issues you find in iFMH 2012 here.

Do note that not every single player will be present when the club in question is loaded as part of a background league. This is to ensure a sensible distribution of players across all selected leagues. However, if a high profile player is missing, do let us know.

We're already aware that Balotelli isn't present at Man City when England is loaded as a background league, and we hope to fix this for an update.

• SI Staff
Ivan Lendric isn't present at HNK Hajduk when Croatia is loaded as a background league

He have -8 PA and must be in game

sry for my english :p

I presume this is for the PC game as the Croatian league is not in the Handheld game?

To put in him we may have to take Alnwick out when playing with England as the main league, is that a problem?

Feel free to take Alnwick out and not replace him with anyone. He won't be missed.

In all seriousness, I've started a game with Spurs, and like to rotate keepers in cup games, and Carlo Cudicini is technically our 2nd keeper so would rather him there, than Ben Alnwick who is our 4th choice and can't get a game wherever he goes on loan!

• SI Staff
i was looking forward to being able to use Jordan Ibe as the pc version calls him a wonderkid. He plays for wycombe wanderers and only 15. all the top clubs are after him. Where is he will he be in the next update.

I'm afraid he won't be in any update, for legal reasons we cannot use any player this year who is under 16 as of September 1 2011.

Feel free to take Alnwick out and not replace him with anyone. He won't be missed.

In all seriousness, I've started a game with Spurs, and like to rotate keepers in cup games, and Carlo Cudicini is technically our 2nd keeper so would rather him there, than Ben Alnwick who is our 4th choice and can't get a game wherever he goes on loan!

Gomes is 2nd choice not Cudicini

• SI Staff
Aww man, would have loved to see Ibe and Hunziker on the game. Is Benik Afobe in the game?

Not really a missing player, but I'd like to see more youngsters from other clubs from Europe, e.g. Filip Jankovic(Red Star)

Afobe isn't in the game this time round, the reason being that there simply isn't space in the Arsenal squad to add any more players.

We've tried to include some of the more hyped young talents from around the world in this version, we'll look into adding more if there's any obvious ones that we've missed. It might be a bit premature to add Jankovic as he hasn't played much yet, but we'll keep him under consideration.

I know that the turkish leagues isn't playable in this game, but is it possible for you guys to add more players in the Galatasaray squad? There is only 4-6 players in the squad. Actually all the Players in the Galatasaray squad is foreigners so there aren't any turkish players in the squad. It would be cool to see the some of the following turkish players from Galatasaray in the future:

- Semih Kaya

- Emre Colak

- Servet Cetin

- Hakan Balta

- Selcuk Inan

- Sabri Sarioglu

- Sercan Yildirim

- Yekta

- Engin Baytar

• SI Staff
I know that the turkish leagues isn't playable in this game, but is it possible for you guys to add more players in the Galatasaray squad? There is only 4-6 players in the squad. Actually all the Players in the Galatasaray squad is foreigners so there aren't any turkish players in the squad. It would be cool to see the some of the following turkish players from Galatasaray in the future:

- Semih Kaya

- Emre Colak

- Servet Cetin

- Hakan Balta

- Selcuk Inan

- Sabri Sarioglu

- Sercan Yildirim

- Yekta

- Engin Baytar

Hi, we'll take this into consideration but I have to say it's unlikely that we could add so many players to one non-playable club, it could affect the balance of European competitions and could also leave us open to accusations of favouritism.

• SI Staff
Lee Wallace and Greg Wylde who are first team players at Rangers. Also a few other players that are in and out the first team are missing as well.

I've done some checking and this only occurs when Scotland is selected as a background league. I reckon the Scottish squads in general are possibly a little too small for some configurations where they're a background league so we may look to include a few more players if possible. Thanks for mentioning this.

long time reader and player of FM on pc, psp and now iphone so well done for designing such a fun game

absolutely love the game but think a bit more focus on the youth players would improve it even more.

also as a big west ham I would love Callum McNaughton in the iphone game - he's played for the first team this season so ahead of matt fry (who seems to be in on the basis he was last year when he's actually slipped down the pecking order at the club).

Young Callum is certainly first in line youth defender to have a chance of hitting the first team. defeinitely one of the most enjoyable aspects for me is bringing through the young players and getting them in to the first team.

• SI Staff
There seems to be a considerably low amount of youth players compared to last year for some reason.

Do you mean the number of young players in the starting DB? I'll do some comparisons on Monday but I can't see why this would be the case as the database is slightly bigger overall and we've tried to include a few more of the world's most hyped youngsters.

P.S. I've asked to include Rowe and Brown at Bradford for when we do a data update.

Do you mean the number of young players in the starting DB? I'll do some comparisons on Monday but I can't see why this would be the case as the database is slightly bigger overall and we've tried to include a few more of the world's most hyped youngsters.

P.S. I've asked to include Rowe and Brown at Bradford for when we do a data update.

Thanks for that, also Nialle Rodney can go as well, he's moved to Mansfield Town. Also, Bradford aside, I move on to Arsenal, how is it James Shea is preffered to Vito Mannone? Also where is Coquellin? :s

• SI Staff
Aidan White(leeds) isn't listed as a left back. He is listed as a winger, when he should be a left back.

Hopefully this will be reflected in the next lot of data we get, I'll make sure to double-check.

• SI Staff
Thanks for that, also Nialle Rodney can go as well, he's moved to Mansfield Town. Also, Bradford aside, I move on to Arsenal, how is it James Shea is preffered to Vito Mannone? Also where is Coquellin? :s

There simply isn't room in the Arsenal squad for Coquelin or Mannone. We have to include Shea as he's on a long-term loan at a playable club.

• SI Staff
There seems to be a considerably low amount of youth players compared to last year for some reason.

I've done some checking on various different combination of leagues and on average there is a 20-25% increase in the total number of players 20 or under compared to last year. Is there a particular league setup you've noticed this with?

I've done some checking on various different combination of leagues and on average there is a 20-25% increase in the total number of players 20 or under compared to last year. Is there a particular league setup you've noticed this with?

Got the game as a Christmas present and disappointed to find that Jeff Schlupp and Lee Peltier aren't included in the Leicester City squad. Also tried to make a few signings and Jay Spearing isn't at Liverpool.

• SI Staff
Got the game as a Christmas present and disappointed to find that Jeff Schlupp and Lee Peltier aren't included in the Leicester City squad. Also tried to make a few signings and Jay Spearing isn't at Liverpool.

I've just checked and you're running multiple leagues - this layers the players more lightly through the active nations.

If you run just 'England' then you'll find all the players you mention present and correct.

• SI Staff
The transfer window needs putting in the Blue Square North/South. I can sign players whenever I want at the minute :confused: I've read transfer windows don't apply below that level but do at that level :thup:

There is no transfer window in the BSS/BSN in real life other than a brief period close to the end of the season when players can't be signed. We'll look to include this at some point in the future, it wasn't put in for release as it has the potential to cause serious issues.

is the update to move players around or will ratings change too? if ratings are changing then as west ham united jack collison seems a little too good (5 out of 7 current and 6 out of 7 potential ability) and james tomkins underrated (5 out of 7 current and potential ability). i'd put them about even in terms of current and potential ability

i think i saw james mcfadden floating on a free at some point when everton have snapped him up

• SI Staff
is the update to move players around or will ratings change too? if ratings are changing then as west ham united jack collison seems a little too good (5 out of 7 current and 6 out of 7 potential ability) and james tomkins underrated (5 out of 7 current and potential ability). i'd put them about even in terms of current and potential ability

We won't be doing any rating/ability changes in the updates until the January transfer data update is released in due course - this is simply because we use the FM PC database and as such are reliant on individual researchers for information (also we're very aware that this is an area where everyone often has conflicting opinions, everyone has their own particular 'favourite' player).

PS - Also bear in mind that scouted/coach ratings are biased somewhat by the players current in-game performance and situation, so can vary up and down a bit ... especially with regards to potential.

There is no transfer window in the BSS/BSN in real life other than a brief period close to the end of the season when players can't be signed. We'll look to include this at some point in the future, it wasn't put in for release as it has the potential to cause serious issues.

If that's the case in real life, then keep it that way, please!

• SI Staff
If that's the case in real life, then keep it that way, please!

Of course we're not going to include a full transfer window that doesn't exist! What we're looking to add at some point is the brief period at end of season where signings can't be made, I believe this is something like the beginning of April to the beginning of June.

Fernando Amorebieta is shown as 'Spanish/Basque' in the game, whereas in real life he has already capped 4 times and scored a goal for Venezuela. Any chance of changing it to 'Venezuelan/Basque'?

Any chance of seeing this guy too - http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Fernando-Aristeguieta-Venezuelas-Red-Headed-Wonder/13541/? Would be helpful for those managing Bilbao.

• SI Staff
Any chance of Mame Diouf and Federico Macheda being added for United?

I'm afraid we're out of space in the United squad :( No real prospect to add anyone else, unless you can think of anyone who isn't out on loan that we can get rid of.

• SI Staff
Fernando Amorebieta is shown as 'Spanish/Basque' in the game, whereas in real life he has already capped 4 times and scored a goal for Venezuela. Any chance of changing it to 'Venezuelan/Basque'?

Any chance of seeing this guy too - http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Fernando-Aristeguieta-Venezuelas-Red-Headed-Wonder/13541/? Would be helpful for those managing Bilbao.

I'll have a look into both of these players, I assume the first will be corrected when we get the next set of research data.

I'll have a look into both of these players, I assume the first will be corrected when we get the next set of research data.

I don't speak Spanish, but Wikipedia linked me to here - http://www.canalathletic.com/noticias/2010-09-13/forlan-dona-camiseta-museo-201009131102.html

Apparently Forlan is Basque too, but I notice that he's already Uruguayan/Spanish in the game. Would you change it to Uruguayan/Spanish/Basque or Uruguayan/Basque?

• SI Staff
I don't speak Spanish, but Wikipedia linked me to here - http://www.canalathletic.com/noticias/2010-09-13/forlan-dona-camiseta-museo-201009131102.html

Apparently Forlan is Basque too, but I notice that he's already Uruguayan/Spanish in the game. Would you change it to Uruguayan/Spanish/Basque or Uruguayan/Basque?

I'll have a look at this but I can't promise anything. Factual details such as this are best mentioned in the PC Data Issues forum to be honest as that's where the researchers hang out and we get our data from them as well. http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/238-Football-Manager-2012-Data-Issues

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

If anyone's spotted any more missing players or any other data issues in the game, now would be a very good time to let us know about them!

I'll ask for Ocampos and Faraoni to be added, space permitting...

• SI Staff
No Macheda?! Ever their is plenty of dross to choose from United's squad to get rid & replace with Macheda

Macheda will definitely be in for the next update as he's now on a long-term loan. Just out of interest though, who in the squad would you have replaced as things currently stand? Bear in mind that we have to keep all players that are on long-term loans.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
Now that James Tomkins is playing regularly as holding midfielder for west ham any chance it will be added as one of his positions

We derive most of our position data from the PC database, so specific questions about player positions are best addressed to the PC Data Issues forum: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276408-ENGLAND-(Official)-West-Ham-United-Data-Issues

I'd like to see Marco Reus accomplished in the center, where he's been playing most of the time this season. Also, I'd like to see Patrick Herrmann in the first team at the start of the game, he's been pretty much first team regular this season.

Archived