How to increase maximum salary allowed?

My team´s finances have skyrocketed when I got to Champions League (from -500k to + 7m). When I offer contracts, I still can only offer the same maximum salary for key players (1300£) that I could when I was nearly bankrupted. Naturally I can´t get any higher profile players because of this, even though my wage budget could easily allow it. My weekly wage budget has been increased from 11k to 24k, but the maximum wage stays the same =/ Maximum salary for my scouts is 210£/w, so I can´t get any decent scouts either.

Can I somehow lift the maximum salary allowed, so I could actually get the shot to compete in europe?

You can decrease the Market Cash Available and increase Salary Cap from the main finances window. Offering a contract to a player, the higher is his important for the team, the higher his salary can be.

This is a bug forum Hellhammer, where bugs are supposed to be reported. Please refer to this link for your questions about the game http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/24-PC-Mac-General-Discussion :)

Oops. Didn´t see this was a bug forum...Anyway, I know how to increase the wage budget, but I want to know is there a way to increase the allowed maximum salary for a player or staff. For example my team has maximum salary for a key player 1300£/w, and thus I can´t offer them any more wage in negotiations, and I can´t get any higher profile players...

Can some moderator please remove this thread to the appropriate sections please? =)

Try changing the transfer budget and salary budget lots of times and keep pressing accept. there seems to be a bug that sometimes doesn't change those budgets.

it does nothing.

SI!!!!!!!!!!!! Will you do something!!!!??? I can't play FM since I've bought it!

• 9 months later...

Guys, before making assumptions about the game being bugged, try exploring your options first.

Why there is a maximum wage I'm not too sure, but if you wish to change it simply go to

Club(Chelsea/Real Madrid drop box) > Boardroom > Interact with board

Then ask them if you can increase the maximum wage.

They may let you, they may not, depends on how confident they are of you, so if you just started, I doubt you'll be able to loan Ronaldinho with Northampton...

Hope this helped!

But uh, on this note, why is there a maximum wage? Just so the board can limit your spendings? kind of annoying

Oops. Didn´t see this was a bug forum...Anyway, I know how to increase the wage budget, but I want to know is there a way to increase the allowed maximum salary for a player or staff. For example my team has maximum salary for a key player 1300£/w, and thus I can´t offer them any more wage in negotiations, and I can´t get any higher profile players...

Can some moderator please remove this thread to the appropriate sections please? =)

Have you got any incoming transfers? Pre-contracts agreed or transfers agreed for the next window? Even with a large difference in your wage budget the board won't allow anymore to occur as they realise the incoming transfers will have an affect.

This is seen by using Dortmund, first season. The impending transfers of Bittencourt and Reus prevent you buying anyone as the board limits the wage amount you can offer.

But uh, on this note, why is there a maximum wage? Just so the board can limit your spendings? kind of annoying

A part of the board happiness is the happiness with the wage setup at the club. For example, my friend who manages Manchester City pays most of his reasonable players 150k+/w, while I signed Nani for 45k/w. My board's wage happiness is at 100% because I have the wages under control.

I would believe that if you ask the board to negotiate a big transfer for you, they won't be bound by the same max wage limit as you as a manager are.

• 2 months later...
You could ask the Board to increase your maximum wage budget.

Read the post.

I got the same problem. I'm using 50% of my wage budget, but I still can't get any players due to the max salary BUG.

I'm using the slider. alot of you are saying "It's just to move the slider." When I change all my transfer found to wage found I still can't give more to a player.

Now my club is useless. I'm playing in Blue Square South, the contracts with the coaches, scouts has run out.. and I can't even find a coach that will accept the offer I can give.... I've lost ALL my key players since I can't renew the contracts. Last season I could give 180 p/w (and I used about 70% of the budget). This season I can only offer 85 p/w and just using (50% of the budget).

summary:

First season:

500 p/w budget (70% used)

180 p/w max salary

Second season:

800 p/w (50% used)

85 p/w max salary

• 3 years later...

I'm having the same issue, this is clearly a bug, i'm in season 2 with Hacken in Sweden, 40k under budget and still can only offer the exact same as when I started the game, it's annoying as I can't strengthen the team further.

Archived