im confused...... what more can i do??

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o361/SalmonCannon/derossiwtf.jpg

check out his Unhappiness comments of, "doesnt want to leave the club" and "wants first team football" then his manager promise says "hoping to see some movement with regards to being sold" after i told him i would let him go in the next transfer window (which im now half way through)

teams have been bidding for him, but he refuses to go...... i cant win with him at all, is he likely to upset the rest of my team???

same thing happened to me with ribery, had him listed by request then spoke to him about a termination after some time and everything was exactly what you've got there which really annoyed me but when he moved into the last 9 months of his contract he offered me a mutual termination for **** all compensation which i gladly accepted now he can rot playing for montpellier hahahaha oops bit off topic there...

i did wonder if the tutoring was the reason, but when teams like Barca are bidding for you i didnt think it would make a difference, he has 2 more years on his contract so am i just going to have to leave him in my reserves? he has average coaching stats so i could sign him as a coach

Such a stupid bug in the game, hate it when this happens :(

How on earth is it a stupid bug??

Its just the sort of situation players face in real life - torn between wanting first team football and not wanting to move away from their current club.

You have already cheated (perfectly ok, one to his own) to get De Rossi and Messi to your team, so why don't you just cheat again and use FMRTE to make De Rossi happy?

THIS. LOL

lil help tho' you might wanna try speak with him again tell him he's not on your plans and move him to reserves

ok for all those people who are claiming ive used FMRTE, shush, actually the DB im playing is one where EVERY player is available on a FREE transfer at the start of the game......FMRTE that has NOTHING to do with it so you can remove your feet from my throat (thankyou)

thanks Maka ill give that a try

How on earth is it a stupid bug??

Its just the sort of situation players face in real life - torn between wanting first team football and not wanting to move away from their current club.

And in reality a player would either suck it up and sort his head out or move away from the club. How can you think it's realistic for a player who "expects to leave the club in the near future" to refuse a transfer away from the club he isn't getting first team opportunities at?

I understand a player torn between wanting to stay and leave to get first team action but if the player expects to leave then it just makes the whole situation a farce. I mean who expects to leave a club but refuses every offer another club makes for him? Its ridiculous.

And in reality a player would either suck it up and sort his head out or move away from the club. How can you think it's realistic for a player who "expects to leave the club in the near future" to refuse a transfer away from the club he isn't getting first team opportunities at?

I understand a player torn between wanting to stay and leave to get first team action but if the player expects to leave then it just makes the whole situation a farce. I mean who expects to leave a club but refuses every offer another club makes for him? Its ridiculous.

I couldnt agree more, the fact that over 10 teams bidded for him (including Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter, Bayern Munich, Malaga, Athletico Madrid, Valencia, Liverpool and Arsenal) and he rejected all of them (and only once in his news was there a reason as to why he didnt accept the contract, and that was only with Athletico Madrid, he wanted a higher wage) when he WANTS first team football, isnt going to get it at my club and has had 2 chats with me saying he wants to leave is just STUPIDITY on a massive scale

Interaction is a massive step back on FM12 imho.

Come to think of it, my opinion on this game has changed. Apart from add/remove league feature and director cam I'm struggling to see real improvement this year. The Steam crap (and SI censorship on much negative about it lately) more than negates those two minor gains.

The interaction is not great. Worse.

The transfer market is completely messed up, apparently. I haven't noticed much of it myself but that is because I am just in my second season in both games I am playing: March with Bradford and September with Roma. The transfer dealings in both saves have been fine for me. I am reading many complaints about a complete impossibility of getting rid of players and instances where the human manager is treated differently from the AI.

Maybe SI tried to make AI clubs better at dealing with transfers and ended up unbalancing the game? There are more money being spent on transfers in FM12 than in FM11, according to a holiday save I ran until 2019 compared to my 11-season Las Palmas game from FM11. Most clubs are actually buying and selling players, not enough compared to real life but much better than the previous version. If this was achieved in a way that sheltered the human manager from receiving dozens of bids every day for the sake of playability, this may explain the problems people have getting bids for their unwanted players.

Edit: to be clear, I am blaming the botched player interaction in the OP and in this thread on the problems with selling players in general, as discussed in many other threads.

Edit2: I am, in other words, suggesting that the underlying problem in regards to getting rid of players is not lack of AI club interest in buying but in the players not wanting to move. It is clear that the AI clubs are very restrictive on who they are bidding for; the player must be very interested, have a "scouted" asking price that isn't unrealistic for the club's reputation, be on reasonable wages at his current club, must play regular first team football, have a Reputation similar to the club's, a good average rating and a weighted CA/PA that makes him a "good signing". I am sure there are more restrictions than this as well. Maybe too restrictive?

Archived