To Tevez or Not To Tevez?

I'm in my third season with Arsenal, and so far have come up short in plans to find the successor to Robin van Persie. All the good young players out there similar to him are way too expensive, and I'm constantly drawn back to Carlos Tevez. He's available for $10m in my game at this point.

He wouldn't be the long-term solution, but I have some really young good players at striker who he could be a mentor for, and the van Persie-Tevez combo on the attack could be lethal. The only thing I'm worried about is that near-$1m a month wage that he'll probably ask for.

The way I look at it is -- I'll spend $10m up front to get him, then like $12m a year to have him around for the next years. That's about $45m for a top-flight striker. A little expensive, but should I do this deal?

Also, would I need to play them both at striker, or could I do well with moving van Persie to AMR and leaving Tevez up front as a trequartista?

RVP was rock-solid until last year, when two back to back injuries kept him out for the second half of the season. I'm starting to worry a little about that. But right now I play a 4-5-1 like:

RVP

Eden Hazard - Gervinho

Jack Wilshere (BBM) - Thiago

Alex Song

Kieran Gibbs - Laurent Koscielny - Thomas Vermaelen - Sime Vrsaljko

So I'd either have to move to a 4-3-3 with both of them up front, or move RVP to the AMR slot, but there he may not be his usual self.

My wage budget is very good (about $8.5m for wages with a budget of $11.5m), and finances are very good. $900,000 a month would be pretty high for my current wage structure, RVP is currently the top earner at around $750,000/month (and I believe he has a 'match highest earner' clause, which would kick in if I got Tevez at his expected monthly wage).

My problem with the 4-3-3 is that I have lots of good midfielders (Hazard, Thiago, Wilshere, Ramsey, and Andre Ayew), so there would be lots of contention for the two MC spots. None of those guys could play up front as the third forward in a 4-3-3.

RVP was rock-solid until last year, when two back to back injuries kept him out for the second half of the season. I'm starting to worry a little about that. But right now I play a 4-5-1 like:

RVP

Eden Hazard - Gervinho

Alex Song

So I'd either have to move to a 4-3-3 with both of them up front, or move RVP to the AMR slot, but there he may not be his usual self.

My wage budget is very good (about $8.5m for wages with a budget of $11.5m), and finances are very good. $900,000 a month would be pretty high for my current wage structure, RVP is currently the top earner at around $750,000/month (and I believe he has a 'match highest earner' clause, which would kick in if I got Tevez at his expected monthly wage).

My problem with the 4-3-3 is that I have lots of good midfielders (Hazard, Thiago, Wilshere, Ramsey, and Andre Ayew), so there would be lots of contention for the two MC spots. None of those guys could play up front as the third forward in a 4-3-3.

Tevez was good for me at AMR might be better to spend a bit more on someone younger though, is Tevez 30 yet?

He's 29. I had a $11m bid accepted -- he wants $1m a month plus clauses. I just can't decide whether to pull the trigger on this.

I've tried to find younger options, but finding an option who has the potential to be as good as RVP (and similar to his playing style) would cost way too much. I do have some good newgens who will eventually get there, but they're like 15-16.

Got him Jan 2012, for £18.5m and he got me 40 goals in 74 league appearances (as liverpool) then he got a straight red card, so i disciplined him, and the teddy went out of the cot. Failed to report for training 3 or 4 times before Barcelona came oin with £13.5m bid, and away he went...

first season he was pretty average.. 27 games, 7 goals 5 assists (ok thats poor)

second season.. well.... 57 games, 40 goals, 15 assists

third season.. til he got sent off.. 33 games, 14 goals, 13 assists...

He is good, worth buying if you can keep him happy... my second season, him n Doumbia tore the league apart

Signed him for Spurs, second season. He cost £7.5m.

Adebayor was my main striker season 1 - he was immense but I couldnt do the deal to keep him.

Tevez was even better, just over a goal a game, played him up front on his own either as poacher or treq.

I say go for it all day long - you'll win things.

He isn't anything like Balotelli to manage.

RVP

Eden Hazard - Gervinho

Alex Song

Go ahead and sign him..

I got him for 8m at the end of my 2nd season.

You can play 4-2-3-1 with your players too.

--------------------------RVP--------------------------

Gervinho--------Tevez(trequartista)----------Hazard

----------------Wilshere------Song-----------------

---------------------Defenders------------------------

I would be very cautious about using Tevez as a mentor, especially with his personality traits - it could ruin some of your up-and-coming stars. AS far as their mental attributes go, there might be some positives, but you've got to watch out for personality too.

Archived