Can you get rejected for a job for being too good?

I like to do a game where the aim is to travel the continents and win every champions league trophy possible. Normally I start in Oceania then go to Asia followed by the Americas then Europe. I would like to start in Europe this time but if I was to build a work class reputation would I be turned down for a job in the New Zealand leagues?

Dont see how that would make sense. Look at Trapatoni managing Ireland. Hes far too good for that position and Im Irish.

It doesn't make sense but I have seen people post about it on here before, I think it was on FM10 just wondered if there was anyone who had experienced this on FM12.

I would like to start in Europe this time but if I was to build a work class reputation would I be turned down for a job in the New Zealand leagues?

You might not get turned down for being 'too good' exactly, but they may be put off by the large salary you would be on while you are at that reputation. So when you sign a new contract, you could maybe try to keep your manager wages as low as possible

You might not get turned down for being 'too good' exactly, but they may be put off by the large salary you would be on while you are at that reputation. So when you sign a new contract, you could maybe try to keep your manager wages as low as possible

So as long as I resign I should be okay, I was hoping that would be the situation. Just seem to remember a few thread of people complaining that lower rep managers were getting jobs ahead of them.

Dont see how that would make sense. Look at Trapatoni managing Ireland. Hes far too good for that position and Im Irish.

Trapatoni too good for Ireland? your joking right? he hasn't got a brave bone in his body plus after all his years in management he still can't see we play with 9 men instead of 11. We have NO centeral midfield. Didn't he once say that Glenn Whelan was the Irish version of Andrea Pirlo or someone like that? we don't have a centeral midfield. we play with 9 men in every match when we could put in young James McCarthy in the center where he can create something for us.

Trapatoni too good for Ireland, your taking the p!$$ mate. i can't wait for him to go.

He should be playing for Scotland :( Traitor!!

Its our own fault, not his, a very sad picture of how useless our national association is. "lets ignore this kids because he is small and playing for Hamliton, he cant really be any good if he plays for Hamliton, the only good young players play for SPL clubs..........." idiots.

So as long as I resign I should be okay, I was hoping that would be the situation. Just seem to remember a few thread of people complaining that lower rep managers were getting jobs ahead of them.

Their respective knowledge may be a factor to consider too. Also, the other team's board may not be put off by your high wages as much but instead simply by your high reputation.

If you're still in another job then small clubs might not offer you a job because they can't afford the compensation they would have to pay to sign you.

I believe that small clubs have no problem offering very well known managers a job if they are unemployed at the time, as then they don't have to pay any compensation.

Never had a problem with this on FM10 myself. I went from winning Champions Leagues and La Ligas several years running with Real Madrid to managing a League 1 Hull City without any problems.

It wouldn't really make sense for SI to implement such a thing, imo. I'm sure there are a lot of people who'll manage a big club and win loads of things, and then want to take over the club they support. I'd be pretty annoyed if I was unable to do that because I'd won too much.

Archived