Scouts demanding unrealistic wages in LLM

Hi all, not sure if this should go in the bugs forum let me know what you think.

II've just promoted fc halifax to the football league and am trying to sign scouts. My wage budget allows me to offer scouts a max of 35 a week. 450 or so for coaches.

I;m having no problem finding coaches to sign full time for 400 a week, but there is not a single scout in the game that i can find that will work for less than 450. WTF? Scouts working for the clubs around me are all on about 150 or so, yet if i search for scourts with only obscure reps and sleect the guy with the worst stats for ability assessment, 450per week wage demands every single time.

Can't be right surely?

Place job advert. Unlike previous the Scouts that apply will 95% accept your max wage. Not had one (be it First, Youth, Scout or physio) ask for wages beyond what I can offer after negotiations. Another tip don't offer max on first round of discussion.

Yeah, it's very difficult to find good staff in the lower leagues.

thats just it though, its hard but not impossible. when i was part time in blue sq north there were loads of scouts i could hire. **** ones, but available nonetheless. NO, there is not as single scout in the game whose starting salary request is not over £450. leaving aside the possibility of negotiating this is surely not right. Coaches are available for loads less.

Place job advert. Unlike previous the Scouts that apply will 95% accept your max wage. Not had one (be it First, Youth, Scout or physio) ask for wages beyond what I can offer after negotiations. Another tip don't offer max on first round of discussion.

just tried it, every single one wanted £500 or more. my max is 350. frustrating!

thats just it though, its hard but not impossible. when i was part time in blue sq north there were loads of scouts i could hire. **** ones, but available nonetheless. NO, there is not as single scout in the game whose starting salary request is not over £450. leaving aside the possibility of negotiating this is surely not right. Coaches are available for loads less.

Not true - I have hired 6 scouts for my Segunda B side - all of them but one with a wage no more than £170 a week (the other £200 a week). I think you must be looking at scouts above your station. At your level "****" scouts are "very-good" scouts....

Not true - I have hired 6 scouts for my Segunda B side - all of them but one with a wage no more than £170 a week (the other £200 a week). I think you must be looking at scouts above your station. At your level "****" scouts are "very-good" scouts....

Not true? wow you've seen my save game? clearly you are not having the same problem but hardly negates the existence of mine. Obscure scouts with no more than 2 in judging ability in potential. sound above my station? thought not.

Now in league 1 and still the same problem. my board has not increased the max wage after promoting either.

please chaps, i've played llm for about 13 versions on the bounce now, i know what to expect. I'm starting to wonder if my save has just corrupted slightly, maybe i'll try a new one...

I just done a scout search and have come up with a list of 2858 scouts with Reputation of REGIONAL or lower. These 2858 scouts are on a wage of 350 pounds or less a week also. So it's possible to get these poor to very poor scouts for yourself, seems to me you just need a bigger database. So for me, I don't see that as a problem. This is with a Large database of around 30407 players.

Upon further investigation, I have lowered the wage to 15 pounds a week Maximum and there are still 2897 scouts (dunno why the amount is risen) that fix this requitrement which have a Reputation of Regional or lower. So my question to you is, what database size are you using for your current saved game ?

Now if I change reputation to Obscure at most and 15 pounds a week in wage, it cuts it down to 1637 scouts in the search list. So I don't know what the OP is doing when searching.

In the BSS and BSP, I just signed scout to non-contract, never had to worry about wages at all. Moving into L2, then were just happy to get money finally I think. No problems at all.

In the BSS and BSP, I just signed scout to non-contract, never had to worry about wages at all. Moving into L2, then were just happy to get money finally I think. No problems at all.

Non-contract scout? You mean the club pays them per report? Does that show up in the finances expenditure page (the row re. scout expenses)?

I just done a scout search and have come up with a list of 2858 scouts with Reputation of REGIONAL or lower. These 2858 scouts are on a wage of 350 pounds or less a week also. So it's possible to get these poor to very poor scouts for yourself, seems to me you just need a bigger database. So for me, I don't see that as a problem. This is with a Large database of around 30407 players.

Upon further investigation, I have lowered the wage to 15 pounds a week Maximum and there are still 2897 scouts (dunno why the amount is risen) that fix this requitrement which have a Reputation of Regional or lower. So my question to you is, what database size are you using for your current saved game ?

Now if I change reputation to Obscure at most and 15 pounds a week in wage, it cuts it down to 1637 scouts in the search list. So I don't know what the OP is doing when searching.

Hi thanks for this. I am playing on a custom database - large with a few brazilian and spanish players chucked in. i think it was around the 25000 player mark but i cant quite remember (any way to check this in this version?)

My scour search yields 1240, most of which are unemployed, some are on high wages and a huge chunk on p/t, amateur. Current wages between 0 and 350 p/w.

Every single one (as many as i can be bothered to ask) demands a wage of £450 per week minimum. Does this happen for you?

Anyone know the best way to get someone form SI to look at my save game? Thats said, i've since started 3 new games with league 2 clubs and the issue is the same every time.

I now have no scouts and cannot hire any. What started as annoyance is swiftly ruining this game for me, especially as an LLm i always try not to use player search. Cant do that without any scouts!

Non-contract scout? You mean the club pays them per report? Does that show up in the finances expenditure page (the row re. scout expenses)?

Actually, not srue where the money comes from to be honest. All I know is that wage demands are knocked down to $0, which means signing is easier.

just a quick update on this, i've found that scouts will accept quite a lot less than theire initial request if you give them a 5 year contract. This does not show when you use the "locked" feature on the wage though, they just reject you.

Archived