PDA

View Full Version : Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

Mikel LUFC
26-08-2008, 10:13
Exactly how many players did you buy who don't have work permits?:D
Only the four :p

Jimbokav1971
26-08-2008, 10:15
Buxton (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/Buxton.jpg)

I thought a right winger was needed as Remy doesn't cut it for me and Buxton fit the bill perfectly plus he has many years ahead of him. £6.75mill is a fair amount but I beleive it's worth it.

He looks top drawer.:thup:

Mikel LUFC
26-08-2008, 10:19
Made a mistake on the update
Damiano is the Mid left i talked about at the end that would be joining soon and this (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/gargiulo.jpg) is the guy who could be as good as Popov

dafuge
26-08-2008, 10:19
Jose (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/jose.jpg)
Same as Gilvan. I fancy him and Gilvan could lead the line in a few years.

Just noticed this, here's (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/jose.jpg)a picture of Jose when I arranged the transfer. His attributes have improved quite a bit in one year, looks like he could become a quality player, especially if his physical attributes improve.

What do the scouts say about him now?

Mikel LUFC
26-08-2008, 10:22
Just noticed this, here's (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/jose.jpg)a picture of Jose when I arranged the transfer. His attributes have improved quite a bit in one year, looks like he could become a quality player, especially if his physical attributes improve.

What do the scouts say about him now?

Your right he's improved a lot
I'm not on FM at the moment I'll let you know what the scouts say when I get back. (I'm going out in a minute)

chopper99
26-08-2008, 10:38
Are you still looking for people to sign up to this? It looks excellent and I'm looking for new challenges after finally becoming a little bored with my Dafuges challenge Gateshead team (now in 2035!).

If you still need people then sign me up for the Northerners.

Edit: '3iar'!

GazTheDoood
26-08-2008, 12:35
Ocotber Update:

Colchester 3 - 3 Ten Ton
Petrov (64,70)
Pedersen (90)
A point was a good result after an appauling start in a game I htought we should win against relegation strugglers Colchester. 3-0 down after 10 minutes was horrific, and it could have been worse. We recovered superbly in the second half, and a last minute equaliser from Pedersen was deserved.

Hull 1 - 4 Ten Ton
Henriques (14)
Palmer (25)
Petrov (57,72)
A really impressive scoreline against a fellow promotion chaser. We played pretty much as I instructed to, and it was great to watch. I don't think Hull were quite firing on all cylinders however.

Doncaster 2 - 3 Ten Ton
Petrov (28)
Dunn (75,78)
A deserved if somewhat lucky victory, after two late goals from the legend Dunn. Doncaster had alot of the play, but a victory is a victory.

Ten Ton 5 - 1 Bradford
Pedersen (14)
Pedro (50)
Petrov (70,78,84)
A great victory from one all at half time. We really showed our class in the second half, and also our ruthlessness in front of goal. After Bradford took the lead early on, I really thought it would be 'one of those' games, but we improved to get the win.

Sheff Utd 2 - 1 Ten Ton
Henriques (67)
Vychodil s/o (37)
A game I think we would have won, if Vychodil had not somehow picked two yellow just after the fist half an hour. Dissapointed still not to have got a point though, we did deserve it.

Ten Ton 1 -1 Stevenage
Petrov (35)
Very dissapointed. Stevenage have established themselves as one of the bigger teams in the league, and we outplayed them completely, until the 93rd minute were we lost concentration, and they equalised.

Still fourth in the league, but Sunderland are running away with first. I still think we could snatch an automatic promotion place if we get some consistency.

dafuge
26-08-2008, 13:18
Are you still looking for people to sign up to this? It looks excellent and I'm looking for new challenges after finally becoming a little bored with my Dafuges challenge Gateshead team (now in 2035!).

If you still need people then sign me up for the Northerners.

Edit: '3iar'!

We are always looking for new people to join and as a new user you get priority over those who have managed the team before. I've added you to the Northern Monkeys list (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=677582&postcount=2), you will be managing them in the 2027/28 season.

chopper99
26-08-2008, 13:27
Excellent, cheers Dafuge. Looking forward to this one. Now I just need to read the whole of the thread between now and whenever I take over....

PaulHartman71
26-08-2008, 13:48
just a quick question guys, how long will we be doing seasons for? Will we stop when the managers reach unreasonable ages (80 something?)

roberto922
26-08-2008, 14:40
I think it'll probably be until both win the League and Champions League maybe? O r until you get bored...

Jimbokav1971
26-08-2008, 14:45
Did Nep get sacked when he got relegated by the way?

[You can tell that I'm more than a little nervous about being the first].

NepentheZ
26-08-2008, 14:51
Did Nep get sacked when he got relegated by the way?

[You can tell that I'm more than a little nervous about being the first].

No. The board confidence was only to establish the team in the BSN - which was done the season before, so we were ok. :thup:

I'm pretty sure you wont get sacked, Jimbo. So long as you play conservative and don't expect to win every game, the points will come thick and fast. You've got a great basis of a team there, with some vital players - and in all honesty, the standard of the oppo isn't that great.

rlipscombe
26-08-2008, 15:02
yeah, stay positive Jimbo - a solid tactic with these players can't fail really. just a case of maing the extra push for promotion.

Jimbokav1971
26-08-2008, 15:21
It's just that Mosside and some S.African team, (in the monthly challenge), are the sides that I have managed with this version of the game and as we all know how easy the N.Irish leagues are, (especially when you have a Super-Keeper), I'm just a little concerned that I'm not at the level that I would have been at if I had stuck the the dafuge challenge.

REALLY looking forward to this now. Come on Gaz, shake a leg ;)

GazTheDoood
26-08-2008, 15:23
Getting there Jimbo.
I'm behind on updates but further into the season.

Should be done easily by the end of this week.

canvey!!
26-08-2008, 15:25
Think about me! I have to play after Jimbo, after he's gotten us relegated into League 1 and put us into administration :D
On another note, I remember Jimbokav Junior. Played in Gundo's challenge IIRC - it was with an N. Irish club.

Woo! 1,600 posts!

Jimbokav1971
26-08-2008, 15:35
Yeah, my son Harry used ro plat FM and post on here but unfortunatel/fortunately, depending on your point of view, the FM attraction to him has worn off and he now spends most of his gaming time on Runescape:mad:.

He is only 11 so I guess there is still time for him to become enlightened:D.

roberto922
26-08-2008, 15:41
Keep up your hope Jimbo ;) I played RS for about a year and then it just became incredibly tedious and repetitive.

chopper99
26-08-2008, 15:51
Think about me! I have to play after Jimbo, after he's gotten us relegated into League 1 and put us into administration :D

Woo! 1,600 posts!

And I'm following you canvey, so no selling the good players if Jimbo does get relegated ;)

bermybhoy
26-08-2008, 15:54
We are always looking for new people to join and as a new user you get priority over those who have managed the team before. I've added you to the Northern Monkeys list (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=677582&postcount=2), you will be managing them in the 2027/28 season.

Thanks

just a quick question guys, how long will we be doing seasons for? Will we stop when the managers reach unreasonable ages (80 something?)

That would be another 30 seasons or so away, so approximately 30 weeks...more than 6 months. I therefore don't think it's an issue, as I think it's more likely to come to a halt sometime shortly after the release of FM09, then there will no doubt be a whole new version of this. Nearer the time we can knock about a few ideas on anything that we could do to improve it. Hopefully before that we have some Premier League titles or European success under our belts....you never know.

Jimbokav1971
26-08-2008, 16:01
I think that this is likely to continue while the patches iron out any issues that FM09 are likely to have.

I'm sure most of us will dabble with FM09, (is there even a date for FML yet?), but dabbling with something that needs patching and playing properly are not the same thing as I found to my cost this year.

The problems pre-patch really put me off the game to be honest and it's just one of the many reasons why I haven't been around as much.

roberto922
26-08-2008, 16:03
FML: October, tbh the pre patch bugs have never bothered me that much tbh

bermybhoy
26-08-2008, 16:08
I think that this is likely to continue while the patches iron out any issues that FM09 are likely to have.

I'm sure most of us will dabble with FM09, (is there even a date for FML yet?), but dabbling with something that needs patching and playing properly are not the same thing as I found to my cost this year.

The problems pre-patch really put me off the game to be honest and it's just one of the many reasons why I haven't been around as much.

This is all true, agreed. On my past experience, post first patch is usually a good time to consider starting out on a long term save.

Mikel LUFC
27-08-2008, 13:29
Sorry it's taking so long but crash dumps have forced me to autosave everyday. I hate having to do things I've already do, luckily I've only had to replay 1 game and the result was the same so no worries there. I'll update tonight but I don't know how far in that will be.

NepentheZ
27-08-2008, 14:08
Yeah, my son Harry used ro plat FM and post on here but unfortunatel/fortunately, depending on your point of view, the FM attraction to him has worn off and he now spends most of his gaming time on Runescape:mad:.

He is only 11 so I guess there is still time for him to become enlightened:D.

We can only hope, Jimbo. Take me as an example. I only started playing FM as a 15 year old. And now look at me.!

roberto922
27-08-2008, 14:17
At 15? How old are you?

NepentheZ
27-08-2008, 14:52
23 years of age :D

roberto922
27-08-2008, 14:53
Oh you mean CM then, I knew you were older than 18/19 :D

bermybhoy
27-08-2008, 15:16
Gaz, what's happening with the Monkeys?

Think the first version I got hooked on was CM93/94 or so, on the Amiga or possibly ST, been playing various versions on and off since...

roberto922
27-08-2008, 15:22
Mine was CM 01/02

rlipscombe
27-08-2008, 15:50
first CM/FM game i played was CM3 for the PC i think.... it was a whole lot easier back then. bought every version since i think, and i'm sure i still have them all somewhere....

Ridleys
27-08-2008, 15:54
First one I was into was CM2 (95/96) when I was a mighty 3 years of age! :eek:

chopper99
27-08-2008, 15:58

So you're only 15 now? I thought you were older tbh.

My first was also CM2, but I didn't buy it until '99 as that was the first time I actually owned a computer and I just wanted to buy a couple of cheap games to play on it. Just so happened that one of them was CM. The rest is history :p

Ridleys
27-08-2008, 16:01
Yeah, only 15 years old. I think because of the forums strict grammar rule and writing properly and everything it makes me a lot different to the normal 15 year old who would be writing in 'text speak'.

chopper99
27-08-2008, 16:02
Wish I was 15 years old again :(

Ridleys
27-08-2008, 16:03
:D I wish I was back in primary school, those were the days :cool:

Mikel LUFC
27-08-2008, 16:21
The first one I played was CM4 when I was 10 (I think)

roberto922
27-08-2008, 18:16
Yeah, only 15 years old. I think because of the forums strict grammar rule and writing properly and everything it makes me a lot different to the normal 15 year old who would be writing in 'text speak'.

Ahem? I is 15 but I nvr use txt tlk brudda ;)

roberto922
27-08-2008, 18:16
You would have been 15 when CM4 was out Mikel???

canvey!!
27-08-2008, 19:27

Now that's funny because only yesterday I was looking at the FM08 box and I noticed the PEGI rating, 3+, and said to someone "As if a 3-year-old is going to be playing football management games."

Mikel LUFC
27-08-2008, 19:29
You would have been 15 when CM4 was out Mikel???
That's not my real age I don't know why i put that D.O.B. I'm 16 really.

Ridleys
27-08-2008, 19:34
Now that's funny because only yesterday I was looking at the FM08 box and I noticed the PEGI rating, 3+, and said to someone "As if a 3-year-old is going to be playing football management games."

I think I used to play with my next door neighbour, who used to babysit me. He was like 18 at the time so he like showed me what to do. He even bought me my first ever FM game when I was 5.

roberto922
27-08-2008, 19:46
Hehehe I remember when I was crap at Fifa, I used to hand my Two year old (8 now and better than me :()cousin a controller and play him :D

GazTheDoood
27-08-2008, 20:39
Update on the way Bermy.

GazTheDoood
27-08-2008, 21:10
November Update:

Norwich 0 - 3 Ten Ton
Petrov (25,56)
Henriques (78)
A strong victory away from home, with the superb Petrov grabbing another brace. Never looked like losing, we came out of the blocks quickly, but were only 1-0 at half time. However two second half goals completed the job in style.

Ten Ton 0 - 0 Rotherham
Should have, dissapointed we didn't. Simple as really, Rotherham are a far weaker team and we just didn't take our chances.

Leicester 0 - 4 Ten Ton
Palmer (11,18)
Pedro (45)
Petrov (48)
We had this game won by half time, as we took our chances well in the first half. Nep's man Palmer scoring two good goals, and Pedro hammering home another great free-kick.
Petrov added another just afer the break to keep us firmly in the automatic play-off hunt.

Ten Ton 1 - 1 Millwall
Pedro (pen 49)
A late equaliser from a plucky Milwall side resigned us to a second successive home draw. Again, dissapointed, but more so in the performance, we just didn't seem to create as many chances as we normally do. This point kept us in 3rd.

Reading 1 - 3 Ten Ton
Petrov (37,90)
Rlipscombe (44)
Webber s/o 63
Rlipscombe s/o 74
9 men, won 3-1. Don't see that everyday. After being reduced to 9, i feared the worst, but Reading never threatened. Petrov flattered us by adding a third in the last minute. Rlipscombe had a mixed game, scoring a screamer, then getting sent off for a straight red two-footed lunge.

Ten Ton 4 - 1 Oldham
Dunn (35)
Palmer (41)
Petrov (67)
Pedro (84)
A good, strong win. 4 different goalscorers, a rarity for us, but Petrov scored his usual goal. Dunn returned from injury with a goal. There was something very significant to this victory however, it pushed Ten Ton to 2nd in the Championship.

A good month, two dissapointing home draws, but we are in an automatic play-off place.
Hopefully we can keep together the good form and stay there. So long as the big guns stay through January, and stay fit, and the consistency remains I see no reason why we can't go up.

Mikel LUFC
27-08-2008, 21:18
Update on the way!

Jimbokav1971
27-08-2008, 21:18
14 points from a possible 18.

15 goals for and only 3 against.

7 different scorers.

Looking good.:thup:

When do you estimate that you will be finished so I can try and plan some FM shifts?

GazTheDoood
27-08-2008, 21:48
December Update:

Derby 0 - 1 Ten Ton
Beentjes (o/g 90)
Easy win :cool: In the last minute, due to an own goal. We deserved it though. Honest.

Ten Ton 5 - 1 Brighton
Petrov (23,35,87)
Pedro (64)
Henriques (90)
Back on form. Another hat-trick from Petrov in a game we dominated from start to finish. Kept us in second, with Swindon a point behind.

Preston 3 - 3 Ten Ton
Petrov (21)
Rlipscombe (27)
Paris (o/g 87)
Two nil down after 6 minutes and I was not pleased. But a quick tactical change and we sprung into life. Having said that it took another late own goal to steal a point in a game which we deserved all three points in.

Bristol City 1 - 6 Ten Ton
Petrov (32,50,67,70)
Rlipscombe (43)
Henriques (85)
Wow. I love Bristol City games. Thats 13 in two games against them this season. Ten Ton must be some sort of bogey team for Bristol, because they're not as bad as these results make out. Oh well, 6-1 away win anyway.

Ten Ton 2 - 2 Sunderland
Vychodil (47)
Petrov (55)
Damnit! :mad: What an annoying way to end to end the month. Sunderland are top, and we were 2-0 down after 10 minutes, again. I thought all hope was lost, but it wasn't, in the end, 2-2 was a fair reflection. I'd like to think we deserved to win however.

That draw meant we slipped to third because Swindon had an excellent month, however I can still see us grabbing automatic promotion.
However, some bad news at the start of January as the board accepts two bids for two players. News to follow in January update, which will probably be tomorrow.

GazTheDoood
27-08-2008, 21:49
Jimbo, weekend.
I'll try and upload the save really early saturday morning for you.

PaulHartman71
27-08-2008, 21:55
another good month Gaz :thup:

GazTheDoood
27-08-2008, 22:07
I can't keep the dissapointment to myself.
He's gone guys.

Petrov is gone :(

9.75M + 200K after 30 league goals.

Gutted, don't think we can replace his goals.

Here goes nothing.

Dava
27-08-2008, 22:39
Great form Gaz, unlucky the chairman has stepped in again but I do think it is pretty good money.

Heres to you finding a FB striker in the January window to replace Petrov and kicking on for second place, all the best mate.

Mikel LUFC
27-08-2008, 23:05
I'm apologizing in advance for the length of the update I just couldn't stop writing :)

Mikel LUFC
27-08-2008, 23:05
Game 1
Balckburn (H)
'Fisher come out on top in close contest'

Fisher Atletic got off to good start to the season beating Blackburn two goals to one. The first goal was scored on 24 minutes Giacomelli capitalizing on mistake by the left back to poke home. The lead was doubled on 31 minutes when Rinaldi was the quickest to react to his own penalty miss to slot the ball into the net. Miller scored a late equaliser for the visitors but it wasn't enough to avoid defeat.

Game 2
Swindon (A)
'Fisher romp to easy victory'

Fisher continued their good start with a thumping 5-2 victory. It took 38 minutes to break the deadlock when Giacomelli powered it past the keeper from the edge of the area. It was 2-0 when Allan James's attempted cross missed everyone and bounched in. Giacomelli got his second and Fisher's third with a deflected 25 yarder. Swindon got one back when Critescu could only parry and Emerson tapped it in. It was 4-1 when Cardoso's drive took a wicked deflection off Lancashire. Joy turned into jubilation when Moreira rounded the keper after he was slipped in by Buxton. Swindon got a late second when Emerson beat Critescu one on one.

Game 3
Coventry (H)
'A point a peice as Coventry and Fisher draw after tight contest'

A tight affair at Fisher stadium ended one a peice. Ex Fisher player Pallesen curled a 20 yard free kick past Critescu to make it 1-0. That was cancelled out on the stroke of half-time by a Kovarik header.

Game 4
Chelsea (A)
'Last gasp winner sinks Chelsea'

Fisher sprung a surprise at Stamford Bridge to beat Chelsea 3-2. It only took 10 minutes for the Fish to score, Hoxha scoring his first of the season after a poor kick by the Chelsea keeper. Nuno levelled for Chelsea with a powerful finish after he'd turned Bora. Fisher reagained the lead after a poor clearence allowed Popov to power it past the stranded keeper. It was again Nuno who drew the game level again on 53 minutes. Into injury time and Moreira sends the away fans into raptures as he rounds the keeper after being put through by Popov.

Game 5
Spurs (H)
'Neagu saves point at death for Spurs'

A close contest ended 3-3 at Fisher Stadium. After just 5 minutes Giacomelli broke free and blasted the ball in. He doubled his and the teams tally on 22 minutes squeezing the ball in at the near post. Bailey scrambled one home to half the deficit and it was level once again as the same player scored a pearler from 25 yards. Fisher regained the lead when Popov made no mistake from close range. Fisher thought they had the three points in the bag until Vlad Neagu smacked the ball into the top corner from 20 yards to save a point.

Game 6
Bolton (A)
'Fisher too strong for Bolton as unbeaten run continues'

Fisher Athletic stretched their unbeaten run to five games as they beat Bolton 4-2. After just 4 minutes the Fish were 1-0 up when Kovarik powered a header in from close range. Mahon then levelled it up when the free kick missed everyone except him as he swept home. Fisher took the lead back when Giacomelli beat the keeper one on one. Mahon then inexplically headed the ball into his own net under no pressure. Bolton then scored at the right end when Duenas(won't go bold for some reason) put it home form 20 yards. Hoxha then made the game safe with a simple header after a pinpoint Snodin cross.

Game 7
Plymouth (H)
'Fisher crush opponents in easy victory'

Plymouth offered little resisted as they were soundly beaten 5-0 by Fisher. Buxton started off the scoring on 22 minutes with a powerful strike. Hoxha doubled the lead with a header from 10 yards. Moreira made it three with a delightful chip under pressure. It was the Frenchman who scored again after a Snodin cross. Moreira then completed his hat-trick with a neat finish.

Uefa Cup Round 1
Hearts (H)
'Fisher look certain to qualify with 5-0 1st leg win'

Fisher's first venture in Europe started well with a convincing win. Hoxha outpaced the defense and softly chipped the keeper. Buxton scored the second after a lovely Popov pass. Moreira continued his good form with a close range header. He then headed his second after a long James free-kick. Hoxha completed the rout with his 50th Fisher goal, a tap in after a defensive mix up.

Game 8
Pompey (A)
'Fisher taste defeat for first time this season at hands of Pourtsmouth'

Fisher lost for the first time 4-2 at Spinneker Stadium. It only took 6 minutes for the Fisher defense to be breached, Angulo firing home. Hoxha pulled it level turning Zlatanovic and drilling it into the bottom corner. Brilliant vision found Gouazaé who then beat two fisher players and stuck it into the top corner. It was 3-1 when Teague slotted home from 20 yards. Giacomelli gave Fisher hope on 74 minutes but those hopes were dashed in the 90th minute when Henrique sealed the win.

League Cup Round 3
Lincoln (H)
'Fisher make hard work of beating Lincoln'

A weakened team scraped a 3-2 win against championship side Lincoln. Giacomelli struck early to get Fisher into the lead, which was doubled when Turnbull headed home. A mistake by Iacob allowed Kavanagh to make it 2-1. Cardoso made it 3-1 with a lovely free-kick. An awful Hardy kick meant that Nicholson had an open goal 50 yards out, he didn't miss. The last 10 minutes were nervy but Fisher held on.

Game 9
Colchester (A)
'Colchester swept aside by strong Fisher side'

A convincing performance by Fisher resulted in an equally convincing 4-1 victory. Hoxha scored with a 20 yeard screamer after leaving Mena on his arse to make it 1-0. Colchester pulled level on the hour mark East powering it past Critescu. 7 minutes later it was 2-1 Popov picking up the loose ball and smashing it in. 8 minutes after that it was 3. Bora reacting first as the ball came back off the bar. Moreira (Again won't go bold) sealed the win with a 25 yard peach that won Goal of the month.

Uefa Cup Round 1 Leg 2
Hearts (A)
Fisher come out on top in 13 goal thriller'

I'd be here all day writing about this one so: Hoxha 4 goals. Moreira 2. Kovarik 1. (7-6 win)

Game 10
Liverpool (H)
'Hoxha drives Fisher onto win'

Fisher overturned the odds to beat Liverpool 4-2 at the Fisher stadium. Hoxha scored a scrappy first in the 4th minute. There was nothing scrappy about his second as he squeezed it in from an improbable angle. He then completed his hat-trick after a suicidle backpass. Hoxha then got his 4th with a close range header to make it 8 in 2 for him. Mamedov got 2 for Liverpool in the second half but it wasn't enough.

Game 11
Derby (A)
'Fisher lucky to escape with point after being outplayed by Derby'

Derby will feel aggreived that they didn't do better than a 2-2 against Fisher in a game they dominated. Derby took the lead through an Aguero penalty. Moreira made it one a peice after heading home a Remy (in for the injured Buxton) cross. Alonso then headed Derby into the lead, which they held until the 86th minute when Giacomelli chipped the keeper.

Uefa Cup Group G Game 1
Slovan Liberic (A)
'Fisher win to go top of group'

Fisher returned from the Czech Republic with 3 points after a 2-1 win. Popov scored on 33 minutes when the defence failed to react to the keepers parry. Moreira then robbed the defender and scored the second. Zizak got a late consolation for Liberic.

Game 12
Villa (H)
'Fisher stay up with the big boys after another convincing win'

Fisher kept up their good early season from with a 4-1 win of Aston Villa. Hoxha got the ball rolling making no mistake one on one. He doubled the lead with a smashing finish from 8 yards. Douglas fired home from 30 yards to make it 2-1. But a Kovarik double from a Rinaldi corner and free-kick respectively.

League Cup Round 4
Spurs (H)
'Spurs progress after lacklustre Fisher performance'

Spurs will be the club going into the 5th round after seeing off the poor challenge of Fisher 2 goals to nil. Vlad Neagu the nemesis of Fisher as he scored both.

Table (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/Octtable.jpg)
Uefa Cup Table (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/Uefacupgroup.jpg)
Goals Galore (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/goalsgalore.jpg)

roberto922
27-08-2008, 23:07
I'm itching to take over from Mikel now http://forums.thesimsresource.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

PaulHartman71
27-08-2008, 23:08
please don't get a Top 4 finish :)

Frazza Pee
27-08-2008, 23:08
Game 1
Balckburn (H)
'Fisher come out on top in close contest'

Miller scored a late equaliser for the visitors but it wasn't enough to avoid defeat.

Sorry but it had to be said.

Mikel LUFC
27-08-2008, 23:14
Sorry but it had to be said.
No worries there are a few mistakes in there but hopefully people know what I was trying to say

canvey!!
27-08-2008, 23:15
:D - and that's ignoring "Balckburn". Good form so far, Mikel, special congratulations for results against Chelsea, Liverpool (:mad:) and Hearts.

Mikel LUFC
27-08-2008, 23:15
I'm itching to take over from Mikel now http://forums.thesimsresource.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Only 12 games in don't get too carried away (I'm trying my hardest not to) :)

dave safc
27-08-2008, 23:18
Great start Mikel :thup:

Nice to see my boy Giacomelli still playing an important role. Only cost £5k or something, not bad eh? ;)

Didn't Vlad Neagu, our nemesis, used to play for us? In fact, didn't I sign him? :D

Just answered my own question:

Neagu (http://i34.tinypic.com/xcunf7.jpg)

Any chance of a recent screenie? I'm intrigued!

Mikel LUFC
27-08-2008, 23:23
Cheers

Nice to see my boy Giacomelli still playing an important role. Only cost £5k or something, not bad eh? ;)
He's a good goalscorer, 5k is an absolute bargain!

Didn't Vlad Neagu, our nemesis, used to play for us? In fact, didn't I sign him? :D
He was bought for a free and was sold for like 1.4mill wothout playing a game iirc. I hope you didn't buy our nemesis or you may have to say hello to my little friend :p EDIT: You may have to say hello to John (my little friend)

Neagu (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/nemesis.jpg)
Not a bad player really was considering buying him until those games against us.

dave safc
27-08-2008, 23:41
Neagu (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/nemesis.jpg)
Not a bad player really was considering buying him until those games against us.

Cheers :thup:

He looks a decent player, came back to haunt us too. :(

bermybhoy
28-08-2008, 03:20
Bad news about Petrov. That's massive money for us though. Must have made a huge profit on him. Other than that going great guns Gaz. Maybe we can spend the Petrov money in the Premiership. Think we have enough cover with Dunn and the rest there, or have you been spending already?

Jimbokav1971
28-08-2008, 03:28
I know you're busy Gaz, (well played in December by the way):thup:, (I suppose that means well played to you too Mikel):thup:.

Gaz, is there any chance you could possibly stick a "General Info" "Squad Screen" on the end of your next update.

It will give some of us who don't know a clearer idea about positions and ages of these guys for those of us who don't know. I'm particularly interested to see exactly how old Dunn is and whether he might have another couple of seasons left in him.

Cheers & good luck.

dafuge
28-08-2008, 08:28

Nice to see Moreira and the Hox are still banging them in.

I didn't realise Neagu was a former player, I nearly signed him but he chose to go to Spurs instead.

OrientMartin
28-08-2008, 09:40
I'm annoyed Neagu is doing so well, I'm sure he was signed the season before I came in and I liked the look of him.

Unfortunatly he got an injury and could never get into the team.

rlipscombe
28-08-2008, 10:18
unlucky losing Petrov, but as mentioned previously, that's good money for him which will help the club no end.

Jimbokav1971
28-08-2008, 13:08
Right guys, I can't wait to take over from Gaz and I am already experimenting with a Championship/Premiership game in order to prepare some tactics so that we don't end up back down in League 1, (yes I am a little nervous):o.

So that we are all singing from the same hymn-sheet, I am going to be introducing a little system, similar to that which a few of you use which should allow for a better "handover" of information between users over the seasons.

The rest of you don't have to use it if you don't want to, (or can alter it in any way that you see fit), but I will be doing it in just to make life easier for me.

When one of the following characters appear after a players name it indicates the following.

"." He's not up to the standard required. If he's in our squad then we will be looking to off-load him. If he's not in the squad then there is good reason for that.

"*" He's got special ability and if he is in our squad we want to hang onto him and if he is not in our squad then we should look about signing him if we can, but at the very least be aware that he poses a threat when we are playing against him.

". *" He might have significant ability, but for whatever reason, (maybe attitude, maybe injury-prone, maybe just doesn't fit into our style of play), we either don't want to sign him or we don't want to keep him if he is already in our squad.

"***" Each year when our new youth players are promoted, the Ass Man usually singles out 1 youngster who he deems to have more potential than the others. He may not be good, but he is better than the rest and we need to give him more game-time and keep a closer eye on him.

"Any number on its own" eg "104";) How many goals our GK has scored:p!

Note that the following ratings only deal with PA and not CA.

The first character, (N/S, N, 2, 1, C, P), indicates the Division, (Conference N/S, Conference Nattional, League 2, League 1, Championship, Premiership), and the 2nd character indicates what level of player he might one day become in that particular division, (D, G, L). Now remember if you are going to be using this system, make sure that you send a scout with decent PA scouting levels or the info he gives you will be next to useless.

I will be nick-naming my scouts something along the lines of "ScoutA PA11 PP19" "ScoutB PA15 PP17" "ScoutC PA17 PP12"

Only ScoutB will be of any use to me in terms of scouting youngsters as the other 2 do not have a sufficiently high PA rating. If that was all I had available, I would be using ScoutA & ScoutC to scout experienced players and ScoutB to scout youngsters. Mixing them up would be a waste of time.

"D2" Decent League 2 player of the future.
"GP" Good Premiership player of the future.
"LC" Leading Championship player of the future.

So without the use of outside aids, what we have here is in effect a PA grading system of 1-18.

Don't be too put off if you see a player rated as lower than the others though, sometimes the ratings appear to based on the players overall footballinig ability rather than the specific role that we need him for. There are certain positions that don't require much footballing ability at all so take it with a pinch of salt. If you like the look of him then weigh up the advice of the scout and then do what you want.

COME ON GAZZZZZZ Hurry up. :D

rlipscombe
28-08-2008, 14:07
looks like you've been busy Jimbo!! :) something tells me you're ready for your go. ;) we'll be expecting something special with all of this preparation Jimbo....

Jimbokav1971
28-08-2008, 14:27
Don't expect anything special from me. I'll be happy as long as we don't go down.

I do this in my own game and it just makes sense that I do it in this one too and it would be a shame to wate it so I might as well let you lot in on it too.

chopper99
28-08-2008, 15:48
Looks like a good method. And I'm glad you explained it all first 'cos it may have confused the hell out of my when I took over in two years time and everyone had cryptic nicknames :p

I'm really looking forward to getting started on this as well. I've been getting a bit bored with the game recently, hence why I keep spamming this forum lately :D

Jimbokav1971
28-08-2008, 16:10
I am not even playing my Gundo save now that McIlmurray has scored 100 goals. The only problem is that I feel a little lost in the team I am currently managing and they have silly names like Pavel, Mikhail, Carlos, Marcel, Nikolay & rlipscombe ffs!;)

Frazza Pee
28-08-2008, 16:33
Thanks Jimbo, I'll be using that system in my current game.

NepentheZ
28-08-2008, 16:42
Jimbo - I love the way you've put this post (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=1554351&postcount=2570) across. Its very informative, and even though I'm well into Daf's challenge and pretty much know my team inside out, I may begin to employ a few of your ideas there. :thup:

rlipscombe
28-08-2008, 17:08
Jimbo - feel free to remove the rlipscombe nickname when it's your turn...

Jimbokav1971
28-08-2008, 17:13
A lot of the guys that have been in and around the dafuge/Gundo challenges for a few issues have been their own little variations on this for a while now.

I must admit that it is more beneficial to the smaller leagues that we see in Gundo's challenge, as we don't have to go over the same players again and again, but it suits our purposes in this thread because it allows us to pass info on far more easily than to go through all the hassle of creating notes on each player that we have to go searching for without even knowing that there are any there to search for.

This way we just see the player and can see at a glance what the score is. Seeing a player with a dot that you have already decided isn't up to scratch saves me ages in a little leage like N.Ireland.

I'm having a look at the save that Gaz started playing and to be honest I am surprised and appalled at the shocking state of the squad. How the hell is he doing anything with that squad. They are of a far poorer ability than I was expecting and some of them have all their abilities all over the place.

Both GK's with crop positioning and crap agility.

Wingers with crap pace.

Youth players with nothing but a P45.

Gaz has done phenomenally well to do as well as he has done, (even with the impressive signings that I know he made).

Jimbokav1971
28-08-2008, 17:14
Jimbo - feel free to remove the rlipscombe nickname when it's your turn...

No way. That's his name and it is staying(ish).

He's getting a Brazillianesque nickname "Rlip":D

ps. He's my favourite player in the squad so far with just the strikers to go.

pps. Oooh. But I have just seen Chris Clarke!

Chris Clarke is the reincarnation of someone close to my heart. Both started at Crewe and then moved on to Barrow. What are the chances of that?

ppps. Bloomin hell! There are some quality PPMs in this squad though.

dafuge
28-08-2008, 17:15
I'm having a look at the save that Gaz started playing and to be honest I am surprised and appalled at the shocking state of the squad. How the hell is he doing anything with that squad. They are of a far poorer ability than I was expecting and some of them have all their abilities all over the place.

Both GK's with crop positioning and crap agility.

Wingers with crap pace.

Youth players with nothing but a P45.

Gaz has done phenomenally well to do as well as he has done, (even with the impressive signings that I know he made).

If you want to see real quality, have a look at the Softies squad ;)

Mikel LUFC
28-08-2008, 17:24
If you want to see real quality, have a look at the Softies squad ;)
Truer words have never been spoken :p

In other news Update tonight!!

OrientMartin
28-08-2008, 17:30
Great!! European qualification on the way!!

Mikel LUFC
28-08-2008, 20:28
Change of plan guys. Update will be tomorrow night but will be longer and have more games to compensate.

JamesMathews
28-08-2008, 20:38
It is possible to give this a go?

Havn't read the whole thread yet, but it looks very interesting, seeing as one team is in the championship and the other in the premiership :)

Ridleys
28-08-2008, 23:44
Make sure you've read through the first few posts fully and then decide on which team you would like to have a go at managing.

dafuge
28-08-2008, 23:48
Make sure you've read through the first few posts fully and then decide on which team you wold like to have a go at managing.

What he said.

It's well worth reading through the whole thread to decide where to pledge your allegiance. Make sure you read the opening posts carefully though, there's a lot of important information in there.

Once you've made your mind up, let us know, we'll add you to the list.

JamesMathews
29-08-2008, 09:29
Cheers, will try and have a good look at the thread over the weekend and then decide :)

rlipscombe
29-08-2008, 09:38
No way. That's his name and it is staying(ish).

He's getting a Brazillianesque nickname "Rlip":D

ps. He's my favourite player in the squad so far with just the strikers to go.

pps. Oooh. But I have just seen Chris Clarke!

Chris Clarke is the reincarnation of someone close to my heart. Both started at Crewe and then moved on to Barrow. What are the chances of that?

ppps. Bloomin hell! There are some quality PPMs in this squad though.

glad you like 'me' Jimbo!! ;) :D i think he's been under-rated to be honest since i signed him. although not used so much by other as they don't play a DMC, i played him as a CM and he did a good job for me...

i also approve of the new name!

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 09:50
January Update:

Well, as we all know, January started badly, with the chairman accepting a bid from Aston Villa for leading striker Petrov. It didn't get any better 2 days later, with him accepting another bid, this time for Estonian centre-back Melnikov, for 2.5m from Brighton.

This left two holes in the squad which needed filling. In came two players, a striker and a centre-back, replacing the two that had left.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/gazob123/Rosenberg.jpg
May not look as good as Petrov on the surface, but has the potential to improve to a leading premiership striker in the future. Has just broke onto the international scene in Sweden, and, in my opinion can fill the void left by Petrov's departure.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/gazob123/Vernon.jpg
Signed from divisional rivals Doncaster, a fairly hefty price tag at 2m, but is already a good signing for any premiership side, and has become, according to the coaches, the second best defender in the squad, behind the legendary Pedro.

The two big money sales has left Ten Ton in a very stable financial position, with the bank balance at 300k under 20m. That should help Jimbo tremendously when he reinforces the squad next season, hopefully in the premiership.

Right, onto the January results:
Swansea 1 - 1 Ten Ton
Dunn (78)
A good away point against a play-off chasing Swansea team. The immortal Dunn coming off the bench and bagging a goal.

Arsenal 1 - 2 Ten Ton (FA Cup 3rd Round)
Petrov (56)
Palmer (73)
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/gazob123/BeatArsenal.jpg
As the news article says, the upset of the round, with an away victory over Arsenal, a team who finished 3rd in the premiership last year. We rode our luck in the 15 minutes, with Arsenal throwing the kitchen sink at us, but we held on.

Ten Ton 3 - 1 Swindon
Dunn (21,46,73)
Great result against a team who at the time, were just above us at second in the league. Dunn, this time starting due to the departure of Petrov, scoring a stunning hat-trick, showing that he's still got it. This victory secured second place for Ten Ton, leapfrogging a defeated Swindon side.

Coventry 1 - 1 Ten Ton
Palmer (83)
I would have taken a point at the beginning of the game against a strong Coventry side, but come the end of it, I was dissapointed we couldn't grab the win we deserved. Due to a Swindon victory, we slipped out of the automatic promotion places, and into 3rd. A dissapointing debut for new striker Rosenberg.

Chelsea 3 - 0 Ten Ton (FA Cup 4th Round)
Outclassed by a better Chelsea side, and our cup season has come to an end. At least this means we can fire on all fronts and concentrate in the league.

Ten Ton 5 - 2 Plymouth
Rosenberg (25,27,39,49)
Pedersen (80)
A great result, with Rosenberg announcing his arrival at the club with 4 goals on his home debut and Pedersen adding a fantastic fifth. We dominated the game from start to finish and didn't really deserve to concede two.

This leaves the league table looking like this:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/gazob123/LeagueTable.jpg

So as you can see, just outside the automatic promotion zone, and Sunderland's unassailable lead has been cut to just a few points.
On a side note, we are unbeaten in 16 games. I think the reason we aren't running away with this league is too many draws, if we turned one point into three when we should have, we could have been a mile away from the rest by now.

Jimbo: http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/gazob123/GeneralInfo.jpg

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 09:51
Rlispcombe: I play him nearly every game in CM with a barrow into DM.
He's been in good form for me.

rlipscombe
29-08-2008, 10:33
good month there Gaz - great win over Arsenal. that and Chelsea game should have helped financially too. great signings there too. Rosenberg looks like he could be a star. Vernon looks good too.

and good to see you're playing 'me...'

Jimbokav1971
29-08-2008, 10:42
Gaz. Good January:thup:.

I wouldn't worry too much about losing the likes of Petrov and Melnikov. It will just be something that we will have to get used to for a while yet.

£20M is loads to leave me with as I don't intend to spend big and will instead just take it nice and slowly.

I see that Chris Clarke is not in the senior squad at the moment? Is he rotting in the Reserves or has he been sold. I like the look of him because of the way I intend to play and wonder if you would consider loaning him out iff he is in the Reserves to keep him developing.

I also noticed that you did not have a GK coach, a youth coach or a fitness coach when you took over. Is this something that you are looking at, (or have dealt with already)? I must admit that I am completely clueless when it comes to training so if you guys tell me that you don't need them with whatever system you are using then I will take your word for it.

I have a little favour to ask. As you are nearing the end of your tenure, would you mind advertising for a 4th Scout, (if you haven't already), and see if you can sign one who has a really high JPP score, (19 or 20 ideally).

Rosenberg looks good by the way:thup:.

rlipscombe
29-08-2008, 10:47
in my opinion, we should look to hire fitness, GK and youth coaches if we can get some quality. it can only help us as far as i am concerned....

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 12:34
Sorted out the coaching staff and bought you a new scout Jimbo, JPP 20.
All to be sorted in the next update.

Chris Clarke is in the reserves currently, as the transfer window is shut, i don't think its possible to loan him out, so i'm unsure as to how to work it.

rlipscombe
29-08-2008, 13:06
Sorted out the coaching staff and bought you a new scout Jimbo, JPP 20.
All to be sorted in the next update.

Chris Clarke is in the reserves currently, as the transfer window is shut, i don't think its possible to loan him out, so i'm unsure as to how to work it.

you should still be able to loan to other league clubs... set to "listed for loan" and go to "oofer to clubs" Just make sure you change it to "LOAN"!!

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 15:33
you should still be able to loan to other league clubs... set to "listed for loan" and go to "oofer to clubs" Just make sure you change it to "LOAN"!!

I did that.
It didn't say no interest, but after 2 weeks there were no offers.
I figured that would be because there was interest, but they couldn't make a bid.

rlipscombe
29-08-2008, 15:52
I did that.
It didn't say no interest, but after 2 weeks there were no offers.
I figured that would be because there was interest, but they couldn't make a bid.

i'm not sure that it does say 'no interest' on loan offers or not tbh....

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 15:58
It normally does, i think.

bermybhoy
29-08-2008, 16:52
Still going great Gaz. Look forward to seeing the Monkeys in the Prem.

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 17:22
February Update:

Southend 0 - 1 Ten Ton
Rosenberg (56)
Nice 3 points away from home. We should have scored more tbh, but Rosenberg cooly slotted home just before the hour, and that was that.

Ten Ton 0 - 0 Hull
Hull have got the best defence in the league and that showed here as we found it impossible to break them down. Old Ten Ton man Miles nearly snatched it for Hull in the last minute, but Nordin got down to his right and kept it at 0-0.

Stoke 3 - 1 Ten Ton
Henriques (10)
After we went 1-0 up, I thought normal service was resumed, but Stoke were having none of it. They completely outplayed us after the half hour mark and a defeat was basically what we deserved in the end, very dissapointing performance.

Bradford 1 - 3 Ten Ton
Unsworth (o/g 60)
Rosenberg (80,88)
After struggling Bradford took the lead early on, I really thought it was going to be two defeats on the bounce. It took an own goal to spur us on, and then two late goals from Rosenberg to secure the victory.

Ten Ton 2 - 0 Colchester
Rosenberg (75,89)
A routine three points at home to a mid-table Colchester side. A Rosenberg brace made sure of that.

Also, after being informed of the staff situation at the club, I went in search of new backroom staff.
In came 2 new fitness coaches, a goalkeeping coach, a youth coach, four coaches and two new scouts.

So, all in all, a decent month, a very dissapointing defeat at Stoke, but Swindon's poor form meant we ended the month in second place.
Also a poor month for Sunderland meant we closed the gap to just two points.
Maybe the Championship championship was not a step too far?

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 17:55
March Update:

Ten Ton 4 - 2 Doncaster
Vychodil (18)
Rosenberg (21,34,76)
I'm really quite unsure how this game ended with six goals, as there was only 5 shots on target, and I don't remember seeing a deflection. Rosenberg's fantastic goal-scoring form continued with a hat-trick, this left us comfortably in second in the league.

Ten Ton 0 - 0 Sheff Utd
I hate drawing games, especially so at home, but even more so when we deseved to win. This game fitted all the criteria.

Stevenage 2 - 3 Ten Ton
Rosenberg (8)
Dunn (23)
Henriques (90)
Get in! Two nil up, to two all, and a last minute winner. We played like we were truly involved in a title race, and on the same day that we got a last minute winner, Sunderland suffered a last minute defeat, and Ten Ton were top of the league.

Ten Ton 4 - 1 Norwich
Rosenberg (23,42,50)
Pedro (81)
A good win at home, dissapointed to concede a last minute goal, but a great performance.

Rotherham 2 - 4 Ten Ton
Watson (o/g 14)
Rosenberg (32)
Dunn (40)
Pedro (67)
Another good win on the road, even better to say that at one point we were two one down. We clawed back though, and were in front before half-time. Another superb Pedro free-kick completed the victory.

Ten Ton 4 - 0 Leicester
Pedro (pen 60)
Rosenberg (64)
Palmer (70,72)
Third successive game in which we scored four. If the title happens to come down to goal difference, we'll be in good stead. Took the lead on the hour and never looked back, four goals in twelve minutes is a good haul.

A good month in which Paul Wallace recieved Manager of the Month for his accolades.
We remain top by a point, but with a far superior goal difference.
Only poor form would see us drop out of the automatic zone, and most of our remaining games are at home, so things look good.

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 18:55
April Update:

Oldham 0 - 3 Ten Ton
Rosenberg (11,45)
Palmer (36)
A good start to the month, with an away win over an Oldham team pushing for the play-offs. We came out of the blocks really quickly and never really looked back, with Swindon losing, promotion becomes ever closer for Ten Ton.

Millwall 1 - 0 Ten Ton
Oh dear. Not a good game, we didn't deserve to lose really, looking at the match stats, but our performance wasn't up to standard. Rosenberg was firing blanks, and our midfield was basically non-existant. Sunderland only drew however.

Ten Ton 2 - 3 Reading
Rosenberg (42)
Henriques (82)
Not again. We were 3-0 down before the half hour, and that was that. Nothing else to say really. We were ****. Fortunately, again, Sunderland only drew.

Ten Ton 4 - 0 Derby
Rosenberg (24,42)
Vychodil (35)
Palmer (70)
Back to form with a bang. And thank god. We were in control before half-time and never looked like losing. That leaves us level on points with Sunderland, but thanks to a Swindon defeat by Hull, TEN TON ARE IN THE PREMIERSHIP!

Brighton 0 - 5 Ten Ton
Pedro (4)
Palmer (10)
Rosenberg (35,49,70)
Now onto the title race, and we raced into a two goal lead, unfortunately so did Sunderland. We won 5-0, they won 3-0, but we're still top on goal difference with one game left :D Rosenberg claims another hat-trick.

Two defeats but promotion guaranteed. So, a successful month.
One game left, at home to Preston, and Sunderland are away at Hull, who still have a mean defensive record. We should win, and Sunderland aren't guaranteed to do so, so it looks good.

PaulHartman71
29-08-2008, 18:57
PREMIERSHIP \0/ \0/ :D :D :D

We are going up, say we are going up!

Going up, Going up, Going up!

dafuge
29-08-2008, 18:58
Nice to see you boys finally joining us :thup:

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 19:03
Final Day Title Race Preview:

Hull vs Sunderland
Ten Ton vs Preston

We were a team at full strength and on form, Preston were destined for mid-table obscurity and really had nothing to play for.

Sunderland were missing two key players, one through injury and one through suspension, Hull were off the pace of the play-offs but had the best defence in the league, so wanted to end their season on a high in front of their fans.

The odds were also in our favour, we only had to match Sunderland's result and we would be champions.

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 19:13
Final Day Title Race Update:

Half time:

It started well for us, when after 10 minutes, Rosenberg cooly slotted home after great play on the right from Vychodil. **GOAL**
Ten Ton 1 - 0 Preston

It got even better on 14 minutes when former Ten Ton player, Jim Miles, made it 1-0 to Hull. A great goal it was too, curled in from 25 yards. **GOAL**
Hull 1 - 0 Sunderland

The next 15 minutes was boring in both games, but that didn't matter, because right now, Ten Ton were going up as Champions.
We were creating chances, but none so clear cut.

Until, after a great ball from rlipscombe was misjudged by the Preston defence, Rosenberg round the keeper, and placed the ball cooly into the back of the empty net. **GOAL**
Ten Ton 2 - 0 Preston

And that was it for the first half, and the scores could not be more in our favour. It looked very good.

Jimbokav1971
29-08-2008, 19:14
Mon the Ten Ton:D

PaulHartman71
29-08-2008, 19:14
who cares if we win the League or not? We're....

GOING UP, GOING UP, GOING UP. GOING UP, GOING UP, GOING UPPPPPPP!

Never thought i'd see the day when Ten Ton and Paul Wallace played/managed in the Premiership :)

canvey!!
29-08-2008, 19:15
I'm quite confident about managing after Jimbo. No doubt he'll leave an excellent infrastructure with which I can overachieve.

Jimbokav1971
29-08-2008, 19:27
Well either way you will be laughing.

You will either have lots of money and a decent squad in the Premiership or you will be in the Championship with players who have already won it;)

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 19:34
Final Day Title Race Update:

Full Time:

I was pleased at half-time. Obviously.

Things got so much better after break, after the fast-becoming legend Rosenberg completed his hat-trick with a near post header from a beautifully flighted Pedro corner in the 49th minute. **GOAL**
Ten Ton 3 - 0 Preston

Things then started to go downhill.
Hilton, Sunderland's top scorer for the season, equalised, from a great team move, and in the same move, Preston's Bobby Cummins pulled one back. Not a great minute the 62nd, but we were still firmly in the driver's seat. **GOAL**
Ten Ton 3 - 1 Preston
Hull 1 - 1 Sunderland

Then, the moment, that confirmed our fate for the season...

Gordon Andersen, of Hull, slammed the ball into the back of the net from close range, pretty much confirming us as champions! **GOAL**
Hull 2 - 1 Sunderland

However, Neil Sinclair, our left-back, when attempting to pass the ball back to Pontus Nordin, must have sliced it horrifically, as it trickled passed him and into the bottom corner, 3-2. **GOAL**
Ten Ton 3 - 2 Preston

FINAL WHISTLE!

So the results were:
Ten Ton 3 - 2 Preston
Hull 2 - 1 Sunderland

Ten Ton are going up, as Champions of the Championship! :cool:

Frazza Pee
29-08-2008, 19:38
Yes!! Higher rep now, more money now and of course premiership football. :)

Jimbokav1971
29-08-2008, 19:44
Congratulations Gaz. Really well played, (and I know because I saw what he was left with, what with not much money and most of the decent pleyers bar Pedro demanding to leave.

Top effort:thup:.

What time do you think you will have the save uploaded for me to start my battle?

Just about to watch the Super-Cup and then hopefully it will be game on!

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 20:03
End of Season Update:

Well, we all know how the season went.
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/gazob123/FinalTable.jpg

I've also arranged three people to join on free transfers, all of them highly recommended by our scouts.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/gazob123/Ikonen.jpg
A young defensive midfielder who I see alot of potential in, was tracking him before he was released.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/gazob123/Carrilho.jpg
Talented Portuguese striker who I thought would never join. He did, and he's on very little a week too, could be a real talent.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd312/gazob123/Amoroso.jpg
Right back may have been our weakest position this season, and this guy was very highly recommended, may improve further also.

So it's down to you Jimbo mate.
As far as i can see, the squad is decent enough to put up a fight against relegation, and after all the research you've done i'm sure you'll be fine.

My advice, do all you can to keep hold of Pedro, Vychodil, Rosenberg, Palmer and Pedersen as they're all young with massive potential.
However this will be difficult, as they are in demand from most of the world. :D

I signed you a new scouting team, which I hope will be to your liking, and that is that.
Good luck mate, i'll start uploading right now. :)

Dava
29-08-2008, 20:07
Great news Gaz, brilliant achievement.

All the best Jimbo, I'm sure you'll keep us up!

Dava
29-08-2008, 20:09
Top signings too, all with international experience.

OrientMartin
29-08-2008, 20:16
Well done Ten Ton, now the race is on to be the first club into Europe!!

dafuge
29-08-2008, 20:17
Well done Ten Ton, now the race is on to be the first club into Europe!!

We've won that one already, the real race is for the CL.

OrientMartin
29-08-2008, 20:18
And the title!!

Jimbokav1971
29-08-2008, 20:18
I like the new DM, but I absolutely love the DR.

The SC not so much, but maybe I will just make some money on him;).

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 20:28
The striker isn't great, i'll give you that.
But he will be ;):D

They all have potential to improve.

Having said that, your choice mate, i'm sure you'll do well regardless.

GazTheDoood
29-08-2008, 20:30
http://files.filefront.com/Ten+Tonfm/;11641957;/fi

Save file Jimbo.

Good luck!:D

rlipscombe
29-08-2008, 21:05
Champions!! :D \o/ top stuff Gaz!!

Mikel LUFC
29-08-2008, 21:10
Update coming. Won't be as long as the other one as it takes to long to do each match like that.

Mikel LUFC
29-08-2008, 21:52
So a good start from The Fish but would it continue? Let's find out.

Game 13
Leicester (A)
'Even Stevens in high scoring affair'
Final Score: 4-4

Cardoso (38)
Buxton (52)
Popov (54)
Hoxha (66)

Uefa Cup Group G
Osasuna (H)
'Fisher all but qualify with win'
Final Score: 2-1

Kovarik (22)
Popov (35)

Game 14
Fulham (H)
'Single goal enough to secure win'
Final Score: 1-0

Hoxha (39)

Game 15
Arsenal (A)
'Table toppers rolled over by Fisher'
Final Score: 0-3

Hoxha (2)
Kovarik (12)
Rinaldi (pen 17)

Uefa Cup Group G
Brann (A)
'Fisher qualify after draw'
Final Score: 1-1

Giacomelli (68)

Game 16
Man Utd (A)
'Points shared after draw'
Final Score: 2-2

Snodin (62)
Hoxha (75)

Uefa Cup Group G
Roda JC (H)
'Fisher miss chance to qualify as group winners with draw'

Hoxha (62)

Game 17
Newcastle (H)
'Fisher rue missed penalty as match is drawn'

Hoxha (21)

Game 18
Sunderland (H)
'Fisher break run of draws with win'
Final Score: 4-3

Hoxha (9)
Giacomelli (45,59)
Rinaldi (82)

Game 19
Norwich (A)
'2nd beat 3rd as Fisher emerge victorious'
Final Score: 1-2

Hoxha (9)
Popov (62)

F.A Cup Round 3
Derby (H)
'Fisher progress to 4th round with comfortable win'
Final Score: 3-1

Moreira (4)
Popov (45)
Hoxha (55)

Game 20
Blackburn (A)
'Fisher win as undefeated streak continues'
Final Score: 1-3

Bora (42)
Hoxha (45)
Popov (52)

Game 21
Coventry (A)
'Goal at death earns Coventry a point'
Final Score: 3-3

Hoxha (26)
Giacomelli (58)
Popov (88)

Game 22
Swindon (H)
'Fisher win despite sending off'
Final Score: 3-1

Hoxha (5,9)
Buxton (57)
Lauridseon s/o (more about him in transfer window round up)

F.A Cup Round 4
Birmingham (A)
'Lacklustre Fisher performance earns Birmingham replay'

Hoxha (9)

Game 23
Chelsea (H)
'Chelsea inflict only Fisher's second premiership defeat this season'
Final Score: 1-2
Moreira (83)

Game 24
Spurs (A)
'Awful defending(Lauridsen was suspended and Kovarik injured,same in Chelsea game) allows Spurs to grab point'
Final Score: 3-3

Hoxha (29,70)
Moreira (37)

Transfer Round-Up
I felt we were conceding too much for a team at the top so 3 defenders were bought in and 2 were sold. Lynch to Motherwell for 1.3mill +30% next sale and Turnbull for 3.4 +20% and these three players were bought in.

Arias (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/arias.jpg)
James wasn't playing well enough and seemed to crack in the big games. Arias is ,according to my scouts, very consistant so that is why I bought him. 6.75mill is steep but worth it I feel.

Lauridsen (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/Lauridsen.jpg)
Better than Bora in my opinion and has room to improve so good news. 2.6mill is a steal

Remon (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/Remon.jpg)
May not be spectacular now but in a few years this lad will be special so 3.9mill is a good price.

Other screenshots
Table (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/JanTable.jpg)
Uefa Cup Group Table (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/Uefatable.jpg)
The Hox (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/TheHox.jpg)

dafuge
29-08-2008, 22:05
Those league tables are looking rather good, fantastic stuff :thup:

Great to see the Hox on fire again, I was a little worried that I had wasted £13.5m on a player who only suited my tactics but he seems to doing really well again.

Good job on strengthening the defence, the three players you've brought in look great.

Mikel LUFC
29-08-2008, 22:07
I must doing something right because at the beginning of the season Lauridsen wouldn't join me but a few months later he chose me over Villa and Spurs

dafuge
29-08-2008, 22:09
Probably because you are challenging for the title, I could never get anywhere near that.

Is Rinaldi still the king of set pieces?

Mikel LUFC
29-08-2008, 22:11
Yup although he's missed a few penalties but his rating is only 8 but we have no better in the first team

Dava
29-08-2008, 22:42
Good luck if you have any penalty shoot-outs.

Impressive second season by the way, Champions League football for the Sofites is a rather depressing thought.

bermybhoy
29-08-2008, 23:31
\o/ Brilliant stuff Gaz!

Best of luck Jimbokav - survival is the priority - anything else a bonus.

GazTheDoood
30-08-2008, 00:02
Cheers lads :thup:

Had a really enjoyable season, put me back on the end of the list bermy mate?

bermybhoy
30-08-2008, 00:08
Cheers lads :thup:

Had a really enjoyable season, put me back on the end of the list bermy mate?

Done. It's a long list now, don't hold your breath!

dafuge
30-08-2008, 00:11
Done. It's a long list now, don't hold your breath!

Damn those adverts, I have to wait ages now ;)

bermybhoy
30-08-2008, 00:16
Damn those adverts, I have to wait ages now ;)

I get the feeling there might be little left to achieve with them by the time it rolls round again...

dafuge
30-08-2008, 00:18
I get the feeling there might be little left to achieve with them by the time it rolls round again...

I know, the progress made this year (and last ;)) has been phenomenal. Even if a league title does come this year I imagine the CL title will take quite a few more years.

bermybhoy
30-08-2008, 00:23
I know, the progress made this year (and last ;)) has been phenomenal. Even if a league title does come this year I imagine the CL title will take quite a few more years.

Yeah, the first is about consistancy, the latter is more hit and miss. The progress the last few years is remarkable. Only 2 years in the Championship for us, yet about 10 or so just to get into the League in the first place.

Given there's be more time, the next version might require plans to be made for what to do once everything has been achieved...

dafuge
30-08-2008, 00:25
Given there's be more time, the next version might require plans to be made for what to do once everything has been achieved...

Has there been any discussion about the next version yet?

bermybhoy
30-08-2008, 00:29
Has there been any discussion about the next version yet?

Not really. I'd appreciate some input from the likes of yourself especially, as you take such a keen interest. I'm unsure whether to make it a public discussion though, to avoid giving away any surprises, in case there are any genuis ideas. I've been knocking about a few ideas of how to do things slightly differently though.

It does appear though, that getting initial interest will NOT be an issue next time.

dafuge
30-08-2008, 00:38
Not really. I'd appreciate some input from the likes of yourself especially, as you take such a keen interest. I'm unsure whether to make it a public discussion though, to avoid giving away any surprises, in case there are any genuis ideas. I've been knocking about a few ideas of how to do things slightly differently though.

It does appear though, that getting initial interest will NOT be an issue next time.

As you may have noticed, I'm quite keen on this thread ;)

I'm always available on the PM function, and sometimes on MSN. I agree, it might be nice to keep it under wraps until it starts, there isn't any danger of this one falling off the page due to lack of interest so a surprise might be quite nice.

bermybhoy
30-08-2008, 00:51
As you may have noticed, I'm quite keen on this thread ;)

I'm always available on the PM function, and sometimes on MSN. I agree, it might be nice to keep it under wraps until it starts, there isn't any danger of this one falling off the page due to lack of interest so a surprise might be quite nice.

Aye, spotted that, and appreciate it.

Will be in touch :thup: If anyone has any contributions they want to make please PM them to me - as I say, would rather keep the discussion private.

canvey!!
30-08-2008, 00:58
When it gets to my turn, what do people think about me using the Print Screen button to generate player profiles? I'd rather not upload too many images onto imageshack, so I think just the league table and any other major things. Or, alternatively, does anyone know an image hosting site with a layout similar to windows explorer?

NepentheZ
30-08-2008, 01:56
Excellent work Gaz. Fantastic season mate. Brilliant work getting us promoted. I hope we do well in the Prem next year.!!!!! Good luck Jimbo. :)

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 03:31
Part 1.

Ten Ton. June 2025. (Just covering the handover period between Gaz & Jim).

So Paul Wallace start his first season managing in the Premiership.

I was keen to take over from Gaz so this is really just the recap of the end of his season. It takes us up to the date when the new season starts, (in terms of budgets etc), and ends there.

I've had to have a little bit of a clearout in terms of the playing staff, and despite romping to the Championship title last year, the number of players who I think are up to the job is not that many at all.

Squad pic. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSeniorSquadMay25.jpg)

Obviously we have 3 new arrivals on the way, (DR, DM & SC), (more about them as and when they arrive), but we still look a little short both at the back and in the middle of the pitch.

Our youth system hasn't been producing anything of note as yet and the only 2 players that are worth even having a look at in the Reserves and trying to get some money for are...

Andy Robertson. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonAndyRobertsonProfileMay25.jpg)

Angell. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonAngellProfileMay25.jpg)

That the pinnacle of each lads career is likely to be as a decent League 1 player. I think it shows you how far we are away from producing our own youngsters who are able to compete for a senior spot. Looking ahead a couple/few years to Europe though, we will need the home grown bodies by then just to flesh out the squad so now is as good a time as any to start looking to the future. It's just a shame that both are strikers, (the others just weren't even that good).

During pre-season I will approach the board about a facilities expansion, (well they love me after Gaz's work last season), but I don't want to do it to soon as I am hoping that we will be able to scout further afield when the seasons change and I don't want them spending their money too soon.

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 03:33
Part 2.

Newcastle have made a bid of £7M for Henriques (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonHenriquesProfileMay25.jpg), (£625k, £4.4M over 24 months & 40%), but even if it was all cash up front I would be turning it down. He's got 3 years left on his contract so we don't even have to worry about that for the time being. Wolves, who are playing in the Champions League this year have made and enquiry about him.

I hope it's not a sign of things to come but as soon as I decline that offer than I have another one, this time up to £2.6M for Okolie (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonOkolieProfileMay25.jpg). I didn't even look at how it was proposed. he is going nowhere. AS Monaco are also keen and £2.7M is being mentioned. The Ass Man advises that we should listen to any offers that come in because Okolie hasn't got a future at the club. Much more of that sort of advice and it will be him leaving, not Okolie. Blackburn and West Brom are joining the bidding frenzy and the price offered is now £2.9M.

Still not interested:thdn:.

Now he is unhappy:mad:.

Newcastle are also sniffing around Pedro (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPedroProfileMay25.jpg), (but not even getting a response). he is unhappy but I''m afraid it is just the start of things of the unhappy Portugese centre-half. We've been letting him take all the set-pieces, (even throw-ins and corners) and the boy is in for a rude awakening when he comes back to the club after his hols. No more of this namby pamby standing over the ball looking thoughtful, He's a centre-half and I will tell him to get clattering into that goal-mouth at corners. Centre-halfs taking corner kicks indeed! Never heard of anything so ridiculous in my life.

Anyway, as soon as I can find a GK who can take free-kicks and pens, this over-paid prima-dona can get on his bike and "do one":D!

I've already got a few irons in the fire with regards to new signings, but it is early days yet and I don't want to count my chickens until they actually arrive.

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 03:35
Part 3.

I've been having a look at some of the Ten Ton players who have moved on to bigger and better things.

Pavel Lukas (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPavelLukasProfileMay25.jpg) is looking good and Sunderland only want £2.8M for him. I assume that when we sold him we sold him for a fee plus 50%. Idiots! I've just checked and we didn't. I was just about to get him back for £1.4M, (or so I thought), which was less than we got for him when we sold him. I would have spent £1.4M on him but I'm too tight to part with £2.8M. Oh well:(
Note to self. ALWAYS include re-sale value for good young players even if it means taking a few quid if the front end of the deal.

Inter are sniffing around Vychodil (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonVychodilProfileMay25.jpg), but he's got 4 years left on his contract and they are only talking about £3.5M. Anyway, he's asked to go on the transfer list and I've set his valuation at £20M. Whether he is on the lsit or not, it will take a big old offer to get me accepting.

Man City have just bid £6.3M for Pedersen (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPedersenProfileMay25.jpg). It's like feeding time at the zoo here at the moment. Everyone is coming in for Pedersen.

So lets just forget about all the other teams bidding for players, they are on holiday after all so there is not much that goes on a football club without the players....

Wrong:eek:!

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 03:36
Part 4.

Board announce plans for new stadium.

The Ten Ton Board have today announced that the club has been granted planning permission to build a new stadium.

Construction of Solihul Moors Stadium will cost around £22.5M, although this figure is offset by the £2.8M the club will receive by selling Damson Park.

The new stadium is scheduled to be finished Thursday 17th June 2027 and will boast undersoil heating and a capacity of 15321.

Nice idea, shame about the name.

The stadium (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonNewStadiumJune25.jpg) is being financed by a £19.75M loan (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTon1975MloanJune25.jpg)that has been taken out, (for a minute I panicked and thought they had nicked by transfer kitty).

We will be given £29.5M for the TV rights for the coming year. I have a feeling that the payment is staggered across the whole year, but in any case it's a shed-load of cash to a club like Ten Ton.

The board have offered me a budget of £15M for me to attempt to avoid relegation. I instead opted to actually avoid relegation and they boosted the kitty up to £18.5M.
We received 4 new youth players.

Two were useless, Smithy*** (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSmithyprofileJune25.jpg) was declared the best youth product to be seen around these parts for years, but I like the look of Paterson (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPatersonprofileJune25.jpg), (who has a PPM of "stays back at all times"). Both of these only have potential to become decent League 1 players, but it's a step in the right direction at least, (compared the dross we have been producing).
In addition to a new stadium, the board have also agreed to expand both the youth and the training facilities.

As if I wasn't as happy as a pig in poo, our scouts can now scout the whole of the World:D.

So that brings to a close the sort of hand-over between me & Gaz. I can't promise that every update will be this detailed, but as a newcomer to the thread I do appreciate that it can be hard not knowing the players that are being talked about. Even if you have managed the club a few times there is now likely to be a big old gap between your management stints so I know I would appreaciate this sort of thing if I was reading. Otherwise it is just too damn hard to keep track of what player is playing where from what country and bla bla bla.

ps. Apologies for splitting the report into 4 parts but this new forum limits the number of links you can include in each post. Sorry.

bermybhoy
30-08-2008, 04:16
Brilliant news!! Although the name is a disappointment. The James Dunn Dome would've had a certain ring to it.

Great reports Jimbo, loving your work so far.

You're right, it's hard to keep track of what's going on so the detail is appreciated.

Btw, check your hotmail

aaberdeenn
30-08-2008, 08:50
Absolutely brilliant update that, good luck Jim.

Mikel LUFC
30-08-2008, 09:02
won't be able to play much today as I'm going to my Nan's. Update will therefore be Sunday Evening

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 10:41
Ex Ten Ton player news.(July 2025)

Pavel Lukas has left Sunderland. Bids were accepted by Ten Ton, Man Utd and Real Betis. He has joined Betis for £1.9M.

Jim Miles (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonJimMilesprofileJuly25.jpg), who scored 47 goals in 96(7) appearances for Ten Ton between 2022 & 2024 today joined Championship side Swansea for a fee of £7M. The ex Ten Ton man joined from Hull and Paul Wallace must be kicking himself now that he did not insist on a % of next sale clause when he was sold.

Nikolay Petrov has struggled to adapt to life in the Premiership. After joining Aston Villa during the January transfer window last season, he failed to find the net in 11 league starts. His skills seem more suited to Continental football though as he notched 7 goals in only 5(1) appearances in Europe.

NepentheZ is still playing for Leeds, (who he joined in August 2021), but he is now wallowing in the Reserves after failling to stop Leeds be relegated from the Premiership last season. I would try to sign him again but he's really just not up to it anymore. He has scored 13 goals and created 14 assists in 94(17) appearances at Leeds.

Ten Ton have made it into the Worlds richest 100 clubs (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTon99thonRichListJuly25.jpg). Granted we only squeezed in at 99 but at least we are there.

As I strengthend the squad the following players arrived at Ten Ton.

Amoroso joined on a free from Genoa.

Carrilho joined on a free from Maritimo.

Ikonen joined on a free from Tampere Utd.

(Those 3 were signed by Gaz but only just arrived so if you want to have a look at their profiles have a look up the page a bit).

Veteran midfialder Lars joined on a free from Fulham.

Carl Hughes has joined on a free from Man City.

Benoit has joined for £4M from RC Lens. He finished runner up to Billy Palmer in the Golden Boot stakes at the U20 World Cup. His Scout report is the first "leading Premiership player" that i have seen.

I've splashed out £725k on a 18 year old GK (Bell), from N.Ireland who hasn't played a single senior game yet. He doesn't look that great at the moment but I think he should develop nicely. I'm sure that it wouldn't surprise you to learn that he is adept at taking free-kicks ;)

Players out.

Dean Thomas. 30 year old DM. £85k to Championship side Coventry.

Matthew Price. 22 year old DR to League 1 Colchester for £800k.

Mark Menechella. 27 year old SC to league 1 Port Vale for £500k.

Dean Johnson. 21 year old FC to League 2 Boro for £1M.

Everton have just offered £10.7M for Pedersen. He's only valued at £3.2M but I know that his price will go through the roof if we have a decent first half of the season. Then I can flog a few of the big guys off if needed, save in the knowledge that we are safe from the drop and filling our coffers at the same time.

Forget that At. Madrid have just offered something ridiculous like £12M up front + 50%. I've still refused it as it is no good having the money if we go back into the Championship again.

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 10:44
So not only do we have Premiership Football.

Not only are we building a brand spanking new stadium.

Not only are we soon to have more money than you can dream of.

We have our own FM record:D.

Old Record. - Highest number of clubs interested in a player at any one time - DodgeeD - Tomas Blazej/Chmel Blsany - 72 clubs - Proof (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn64/DodgeeD/Blazej72Clubsinterested.jpg)

New Record - Highest number of clubs interested in a player at any one time - Paul Wallace consortium - Libor Vychodil - Ten Ton - 77 clubs. Proof. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTon77clubschasingVychodilJuly25.jpg)

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 10:56
The U20 World Cup is going on at the moment and my scout, (who is there having a little look), has spotted some nice talent for me to chase over the next few months. The real star though is that our own boy Billy Palmer has won the U20 World Cup Golden Boot (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonBillyPalmerwinsU21goldenbootJ.jpg)as the tournaments tops scorer, scoring 5 goals before England lost 1-0 to Portugal in the Qtr Finals.

The bookies are having their say and they think that we are 2000-1 to win the Premiership. They're a smart lot them bookies.

As if 2000-1 wasn't hard enough, we will have to do it without Pedersen. He couldn't be swayed and has joined At.Madrid for an initial £12.25M + 50%. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonAtMadridbidforPedersenJuly-1.jpg) I obviously didn't want him to go but let's be honest, that's silly money for a player that is untried at this level and was only valued at £2.6M 2 months ago. Well that's the new stadium paid for anyway. My only worry now is that I don'y manage to hang onto Vychodil on the other side. I really don't fancy my chances of staying up without either one of them.

My fears were confounded when Vychodil accepted an offer that I couldn't cancel and it looked like he was on his way to White Hart Lane:(.

But wait a minute. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSpursskintJuly25.jpg):p

Frazza Pee
30-08-2008, 11:07
Jimbo lets see the profile of that saulo please.

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 11:11
In a state of panic with the first league game against Man Utd looming large on the horizon and me being unable to call on either of our star wingers, (or so I thought), I threw caution to the wind and put bids in for a few players that I had been looking at.

Skala. (DC) (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSkalaProfileJuly25.jpg)

Tales. (DM) (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonTalesProfileJuly25.jpg)

Abraham. (Utility right sided player) (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonAbrahamProfileJuly25.jpg)

Rasmussen. (Utility left sided player) (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPedersenProfileMay25-1.jpg)

In the build up to the Man Utd game, both Roma & man City have had bids accepted for Vychodil. I've accepted other bids to try and get te deal cancelled but I feel that this guy knows the score after him goibg with Spurs last time round and I fear the worst. We're playing Utd on Sunday while everyone else plays on Saturday and Vychodil doesn't show for trainig on the Saturday. I warn him and he accepts the warning, but do I play him or do I stick him in the Reserves?

Anyway, here's how pre-season went.

(A). Ten Ton 3 Charlton 0.

(H). Ten Ton 3 Stevenage 3.

(H). Ten Ton 4 Aston Villa 2.

(A). Ten Ton 2 St Pat's Athletic (Ireland) 0.

We played a few other games against the Reserves and U18's but you don't care about them do you.

GazTheDoood
30-08-2008, 11:12
Jimbo, mate :D

Fantastic updates!
Proper good read.

New stadium as well, financed by the Pedersen move like you said, that 50% will come in handy too, I have a feeling he'll move to a massive club in the future.
Good idea scouting the U20 World Cup as well.
How were the scouts when you arrived, I tried to sign the best available to us, but after a reputation boost you may have been able to get better?!

Looking forward to seeing all of your new signings, avoiding relegation will be tough, but I reckon you can do it :thup:

KUTGW.

GazTheDoood
30-08-2008, 11:15
The signings look good, the Rasmussen screeny shows Pedersen however.
I looked at Abraham last season, so its good to see him joining.

Our first Brazilian, i'm well impressed!

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 11:21
Jimbo lets see the profile of that saulo please.

Obviously there were others that I put in bids for that I didn;t get.

Saulo (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSauloProfileJuly25.jpg) was just one of these, (refused work permit).

Although it may have been a blessing in disguise as he is a bit risky that one.

There is no doubting his talent but I have a feeling that he wouldn't like my style of management which is more me shoving a carrott upn his arse rather than dangling it in front of him:D.

Actually I apologise to Mr Saulo.

This guy was the one who was "touted as the next Flavio" (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSauloCouldbethenextFlavioJuly.jpg)

I had work permits refused for 2 Brazilian strikers. Saulo was the quality one and there was another who had a bad attitude but I would have signed anyway.

Can't remember his name now.

roberto922
30-08-2008, 11:22
I'm not going to have my laptop back from Sony until Tuesday - Thursday. Will I have to pass it on to someone else or will I be able to do it from the date I get it back?

Frazza Pee
30-08-2008, 11:24
Obviously there were others that I put in bids for that I didn;t get.

Saulo (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSauloProfileJuly25.jpg) was just one of these, (refused work permit).

Although it may have been a blessing in disguise as he is a bit risky that one.

There is no doubting his talent but I have a feeling that he wouldn't like my style of management which is more me shoving a carrott upn his arse rather than dangling it in front of him:D.

Actually I apologise to Mr Saulo.

This guy was the one who was "touted as the next Flavio" (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSauloCouldbethenextFlavioJuly.jpg)

I had work permits refused for 2 Brazilian strikers. Saulo was the quality one and there was another who had a bad attitude but I would have signed anyway.

Can't remember his name now.

I just saw that it said Saulo set to sign for Solihull Moors, so I was just interested in how good he looks.

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 11:37
Gaz. Sorry about the wrong Rasmussen pic. I will swap it over in about 10 minutes.

The scouts are brilliant and it has all really just fallen into place nicely, (well except for us losing our 2 best players leading up to our fist league game). Vychodil hasn't gone but he is as good as.

As for the Brazilians, I wasn't overly impressed with them. You should see the young Brits that I've signed.

2 GK's and 2 WB's in particular who look the dogs knackers for the future:D.

ps. The scouts were just what I was lookingb for. thanks mate:thup:.

GazTheDoood
30-08-2008, 11:59
Thats good news on the scouts.

Pity about Pedersen and Vychodil.
The future looks bright for Ten Ton.

PaulHartman71
30-08-2008, 12:22
Nice updates Jimbo, great news about the stadium although shame about the name and that it's only 15,321 which is pretty poor for a Premiership side, yes that's right PREMIERSHIP SIDE :D

bermybhoy
30-08-2008, 13:59
I'm not going to have my laptop back from Sony until Tuesday - Thursday. Will I have to pass it on to someone else or will I be able to do it from the date I get it back?

If Mikel has it done by Sunday it might be best to let someone else go in front then, as long as they'd they'd be starting right away, which would be Tilla. He hasn't been around in here recently though.

dave safc
30-08-2008, 14:05
Having a great season there Mikel, keep it up! :thup:

And I suppose I have to say well done Gaz ;)

Good updates as well Jimbo, looking forward to seeing how you fare this season.

NepentheZ
30-08-2008, 14:27
Great work Jimbo. Saulo looks like he could become a fantastic player. Congrats on getting us a new stadium too - fantastic news there. Nice pre-season too, lets hope you can continue that form into the league :thup:

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 14:57
Saulo disn't get a work permit I'm afraid.

Don't worry though, with the exception of ML, (where we lost Pedersen), we have quality and strength in depth everywhere.

I'll introduce you to key players as and when they perform well/badly in any given month.

GazTheDoood
30-08-2008, 15:24
Sounds good Jimbo.

Dava
30-08-2008, 15:27
Great up dates Jimbo, really looking forward to the league and cup up dates.

Living_Legend
30-08-2008, 16:23
Great updates Jimbo.

Not trying to usurp anyone's place but if Tilla doesn't show up (I imagine he will though) and the game is available before roberto922 gets his laptop, I can play from tomorrow evening.

roberto922
30-08-2008, 16:39
That's fine if you're next on the list after me, if not then you'll have to wait.

PaulHartman71
30-08-2008, 16:45
Living_Legend is after Tilla, who is after you Roberto

roberto922
30-08-2008, 17:37
Okay :thup:

Jimbokav1971
30-08-2008, 21:44
Ten Ton August 2025 Summary.

So this is my (A) Tactic. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonAwayTacticAug25.jpg) I would prefer to play a big lumbering oaf of a TM up front but we dont have one of them so I have tried to adapt it accordingly.

The idea is that we play 451 when we don't have the ball and 433 whan we do, with the 2 wide players really getting forward whenever they can and the SC actually playing quite conservatively and playing them in.

League. Man Utd 0 Ten Ton 3.
Vychodil (6).
Rosenberg (60).
Carl Hughes (73).

MOM. Vychodil

Well we scored the 1st goal on the counter from their corner. I'm glad I didn't leave him out now as the early goal sort of set the tone for the game. Rather than them bossing posession as the home team like you would expect, they had to chase the game and our extra man in midfield gave us an advantage and we seemed to have pace all over the pitch that they couldn't cope with. Everything they did went through a big German up front and he only looked capable of doing anything at set-pieces. They had quite a few corners but we held firm. Vychodil got MOM but it was the other wide player, (Mark Perry), who would have got my vote. He only started 3 league games last season, (obviously in the shadow of Pedersen), but he had a really good game and created 2 of the goals. The DL, (Neil Sinclair), had a good game too but for some reason only got a 5 rating for each half of play. Very strange.

After the game there is more comment in the media about Vydochil (again), before he again chooses to join Spurs from a choice of about 50 clubs. The Spurs bid was accepted by the Chairman so I think he's really gone this time, only for them not to be able to afford the transfer fee, again:D!

Chelsea have just bid £19,300,000 for him, (£16M + clauses). It was accepted by the board but I think I would have accepted it.

Liverpool have bid £10M for Pedro and the idiot board have accepted it. We've got loads of money in the bank and the Vydochil deal is bound to go through eventually. What are they doing!

So this is the (H) Tactic. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonHomeTacticAug25.jpg) It's very similar in style to the other one and they use the same system, it's just that this starts the players in more advanced positions and gives them more scope to get forward.

League. Ten Ton 0 Wigan 3.

What a disaster. I dropped Pedro as it looks like he is on his way out and I like the look of Skala anyway but we conceded from a corner within 2 minutes and it was down-hill from there. Just like we gave Utd the run-around in the last game, so Wigan did it to us today. Rosenberg had a shocker up front and even Dunn couldn't magic us up a gial when I brought him on iun the free role late on. Just a bad bad bad day at the office I think.

League. Liverpool 1 Ten Ton 3.
Carrilho (15)
Pedro (pen 49)
Billy Palmer (93)

MOM. Carrilho.

We got our noses in front with an excellent finish from the Portugese International striker Carrilho and proceeded to give Liverpool the lesson that we gave Utd last week. Nordin came to our rescue just before half time when justice was done and he made a terrific save to a very dubious penalty. We doubled the lead from the spot after a melee in their penalty area in which I saw a centre half try to clear the ball with an overhead kick and I honestly can;t tell you what the penalty was given for. They got one back in the last 5 minutes and when their GK came up in injury time it was a simple case of hoooooofing the ball downfield and Billy Palmer won the race to get to the ball which was resting nicely on the 6 yard line for him to slam home. It was different to the Utd result. Utd are not that good a team where as Liverpool are one of the front-runners. They had won both their leage games this season without conceding and also won the Community Shield without conceding. we tore them apart if I'm honest and should have scored more. Carrilho started this game in place of Rosenberg who was dropped/rotated to the bench after the poor showing against Wigan. Although Carrilho got the MOM award, I was really impressed with Rasmussen on his debut. He played the first half on the left of midfield and then went to left back for the 2nd half when I had a bit of a chang-around.

Got to admit, Nordin in goal was good today.

How can I beat Utd and Liverpool away and then lose to Wigan at home?

There are too many transfer deals flying about to even mention. We haven't had one break the £20M mark but it's been mighty close. Both Pedro & Vychodil will be on their way if they accept one of the many deals authorised by the board ahead of those agreed by me. I have checked and Spurs aren't in for Vychodil this time so my miracle will have to come from another source this time.

Arsenal Reserves 5 Ten Ton Reserves 4.
Benoit (SC), Skala (DC), Webber (ML), & Robertson, (youth product SC) with the goals.

Skala has an absolute shocker and I;m glad it was a Reserve game and not a League match. A mixed standard team with 2 youth products, 4 inherited Reserves from Gaz, 2 senior pros (Dunn & Scott Smith), and the rest were recent "hot prostpect" signings. Nothing hot about the defending on show today. 16 year old Arsenal "hot prospect" bagged 4 goals including a last minute direct free-kick winner to remove him from my Christmas card list but add him to my scouting list.

League. Ten Ton 1 Stoke 1.
Carrilho (26).

Well we took the lead with some lovely counter-attacking play but it was once again a set-piece that proved our downfall. Having conceded from a corner, a direct free-kick and a penalty in recent games, we made it the full set today and conceded from an indirect free-kick. Both of our centre-backs were carrying knocks through the game and Vychodil was carried off on a stretcher in the 2nd half. That's one way to put the kibosh on any pending transfers I suppose. I played the away tactic today even though we were at home because I just wanted to shore things up at the back. It took away much of our threat though and I think for the 2nd time this season a poor decision by me has cost us points. I hope these dropped points at home don't come back to haunt us later on in the season.

League. West Ham 1 Ten Ton 1.
Carrilho (60)

Gutted. With nothing left on the clock we were winning 1-0 thanks to Carrilho nicking the ball off of the home GK and slotting it home into an empty net. The ref tried to even it up by sending off Okolie in the last 5 minutes, but when Nordin saved the deflected free-kick that was taken within the "D" I thought the 3 points were hours. It wouldn't have been quite so galling but Okolie missed the target with 2 free headers from set-peices early in the game. We were in control and blew it. Another 2 points gone begging.

League Cup 2nd Round. Ten Ton 1 Brighton 1 (aet). Ten Ton win 4-2 on pens.
Billy Palmer (17)
Penalties.
Ten Ton. Bell (GK) Missed. 0-0
Brighton Missed 0-0
Ten Ton. Carl Hughes (DL) Scored 1-0
Brighton Scored 1-1
Ten Ton. Benoit (SC) Scored 2-1
Brighton Scored 2-2
Ten Ton James Dunn (legend) Scored 3-2
Brighton Saved. 3-2
Ten Ton. Ikonen (DM) Scored 4-2

As you can might be able to tell from the squad selection, I couldn't give a monkeys about this, (or any Cup). It was a team consistinig of Reserves, old legends and youngsters who are not quite ready for the senior team. 18 year old N.Irish GK Bell, was the designated free-kick and penalty taker for the whole game, (that's why he took the first spot kick). he had 2 shots at goal during the game and neither hit the target, so I guess he has some work to do to catch up with him N.Irish compatriot McIlmurray. Anyway, we're in the next round and the mixture of youngsters and oldsters can have another outing when it comes round again.

Vychodil didn't turn up for todays game, (he was absent), and it is reported that he was seen coming out of a bar late last night. I have fined him 1 weeks wages and although he has stated a willingness to change his attitude, we both know that this is a response to my continued refusal to allow him to leave in a big money transfer. He may have had a night out on the town, but he was only going to be on the bench anyway so he probably did me a favour as I was able to fine him for being an arse and not worry about it affecting his performance. In any case, todays date is 30th August so if I can just hang onto him and Pedro for tonight and tomorrow then we will be BIG quids in come January time.

League. Ten Ton 2 Crystal Palace 0.
Carrilho (47, 55)

MOM Carrilho.

Very good performance. Although we dominated from start to finish, we were too conservative in the 1st half and only created 1 shot on goal by the break. I changed things around a little and send both the wide men further forward and within 2 minutes the extra pressure had told as Carrilho disposessed a defender and tucked it away. he added a good 2nd, (his 5th of the season), shortly after and the game was all but over.

So at the end of August, that left the league situation looking like..... this. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLeagueTableAug25.jpg)

I suppose that I would have bit you hand off if you had offered ne 1 loss in August before this all started. It's just that I got it so badly wrong against Wigan and my selections cost us against Stoke. I don't think te style of football we are playing is going to win any awards, but then again, you don't get any more than 3 points for winning with style.

Carrilho (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCarrilhoProfileAug25.jpg)was the Portugese International SC that Gaz signed just before he left. Initially I wasn't too keen but he was obviously good so I just started with who I wanted to and left him waiting in the wings.

James "legend" Dunn might be a legend but his legs are gone and except for short little cameos in the Cups with the kids, I'm not sure we are going to be seeing much of him.

Chris Clarke was my favourite for the TM role before I started but the year sitting on his ass had taken it's toll and he missed 3 weeks of pre-season through injury. He is not even in the reckoning now.

Rosenberg was Gaz's first choice last season so I started with him, but I just don't think he is suited to the way we are playing. If I was to stick someonen like Dunn or Palmer alongside him then I am sure he would do fine, but on his own.....

Billy Palmer. He's not really getting much of a look in at the moment. He's sitting on the bench as either Rosenberg or Carrilho start and he starts in the Cup games. Depending on what other players come in before the deadline closes I might offer him out on loan. He's certainly got a future at the club.

Benoit is the most recently signed. we signed him from RC Lens where he had not even made his debut yet so there is no rush for this lad. For God's sake. He doesn't even speak the language yet. He was the first of our players to be rated as having the potential to be a "leading Premiership" player.

The others are just kids and are not in consideration for the senior team. 6 strikers isn't many but when they are competing for just 1 starting position then I think it is fine.

I have just seen a messge telling me that 22 players have been called up for International duty so maybe I have been guilty of panic-buying while I was worried that I would lose Pedersen, Vychodil & Pedro. As it turned out I only lost Pederson, but I will probably actively seek to sell anyone that is unhappy in January as long as we are safe by then.

If there are any particular screen-shots you want be to show then just just let me know and they will appear as if by magic.

Just son you know how many players we have now got, (sorry), here are the numbers of each Nation.

Anguilla 1. Will be sold at the end of the season, (if not before).

Bermuda 1. He's been at the club for 11 seasons. I would like to see him turn into a coach, (he is thinking about it)

Brazil 2. David & Tales. davis was signed to fill the gap that I thought Vychodil was going to leave. Tales I think i signed because I was impressed that he had 34 U21 Caps while he was only 19 and I thought we might sneak record #2.

Czech Republic 3. Lychodil we know about and he recommended Skala to me and the other was signed as cheap and cheerful back-up.

Denmark 3.

England (a few) including 1 in on loan, (don't ask).

Finland 1.

France 1.

Ireland 4.

Italy 2.

Nigeria 1.

N.Ireland 2.

Portugal 2.

Scotland 4.

Sweden 2.

USA 2.

Wales 3.

I always have too mnay players in my squads but i will trip it down over the season to free up some space for the next lot of signings. I was really just panicking about being left in the lurch between now and January with not enough cover and no way to do anything about it.

aaberdeenn
30-08-2008, 21:50
I really do enjoy reading your updates Jim, superb stuff. And a great start to the season aswell.

Well done. :thup:

GazTheDoood
30-08-2008, 22:36
Awesome start Jimbo.
Good to see Carillho amongst the goals.

Great updates too, KIU buddy.

PaulHartman71
30-08-2008, 22:51
brilliant updates Jimbo, really good start to the season as well. Sad that James Dunn might not be featuring anymore, one of if not the only player who was in my squad the last time I was manager.

NepentheZ
31-08-2008, 01:51
Brillllllllllllliant start Jimbo. Champions League here we come, eh. ;). Eh. ;)

GazTheDoood
31-08-2008, 02:16
S'what I was thinking Nep :D

bermybhoy
31-08-2008, 03:41
Awesome start Jimbo. And brilliant, brilliant updates.

One thing though: who is the English loan signing? ;)

GazTheDoood
31-08-2008, 03:44
I was just thinking that as well bermy.

Any chance of screenies of your signings, or is that to come at a later date?

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 08:15
Now that the transfer window is closed I will put up a rake of screenies, (and remember to go back and fix the one I set up as someone else).

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 11:21
The update tonight may be grim reading for you Legends fans. I'm taking a break at the minute because I'm ****ed off with how the team is performing :mad::mad:

NepentheZ
31-08-2008, 11:32
The update tonight may be grim reading for you Legends fans. I'm taking a break at the minute because I'm ****ed off with how the team is performing :mad::mad:

I'd like to be the first to say........

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH man. Good job. :thup: :p

GazTheDoood
31-08-2008, 11:35
And i'd like to be the second...

PaulHartman71
31-08-2008, 11:47
and i'd like to be third to say

dafuge
31-08-2008, 11:54
How badly are we talking about?

Relegation candidates or just lower than last season?

PaulHartman71
31-08-2008, 12:09
Mon it being relegation candidates

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 12:14
Ten Ton Transfers in/out. July & August 2025.

Transfer history screen. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonTrabsfersinoutAug25.jpg)

Amoroso, (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonAmorosoProgileAug25.jpg) (23). Specialist DR who was signed by Gaz on a free from Genoa. As Gaz mentioned, DR was probably our weakest position at the time so this aquisition was much needed. Has been capped at U21 level by Italy. He has already contributed 2 assists and when you consider that we have only scored 10 league goals that's prett impressive. Personality "Balanced". Already has a basic understanding of English.

Carrilho, (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCarrilhoProfile2Aug25.jpg) (24). SC signed by Gaz on a free from Maritimo who has quickly established himself as the #1 SC at the club. He is a senior and current Portugese International and is one of the few players at the club who can play with both feet. Currently signed on a 3 year deal. I better think about extending that soon before it proves to expensive or he thinks he is too good for us. His personality is described as "fairly determined". He doesn't speak the language yet and I never judge a player until they do.

Ikonen, (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonIkonenProfileAug25.jpg) (19). DM signed by Gaz on a free from Tampere Utd. Has been capped at U21 level for Finland and has the PPM "avoids using weaker foot". He is currently being kept out of the team by an in form Rlip, (whom it says he is very similar to in his profile). His personality is classed as "Professional" so he should be a low maintanance player who just gets on with his job. He is currently signed to a 3 year deal. I will be looking to extend that after January.

dafuge
31-08-2008, 12:14
It can't be that bad, after 24 games they were in 2nd with 50 points, 6 short of leaders Arsenal.

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 12:36
Lars, (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLarsProfileAug25.jpg)(31). MC capped at senior level by Denmark and signed on a free from Fulham. He was signed to provide a little extra "quality" to the middle of the pich and his creative ability is countered with the hard-working "grafters" like Rlip that I have around him. Has a "fairly sporting" personality wgich i usually don't like in the game, but i suppose it's not quite so important because he's a "crafter" and not a "grafter". Speaks 6 languages and has been in good form so far this season.

Carl Hughes (31). (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCarlHughesProfileAug25.jpg) Utility left sided player and very experienced too. Signed on a free from Man City after featiring in the last 9 Premiership season. He's better at left back but can cope on the flank at a push. Has a "fairly determined" mpersonality and is also being trained to cover DR. His versatility is something that is invaluble and something that I place quite a high importance on when we have relatively small numbers of real Premiership level players at the club.

Bell, (18). (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonBellProfileAug25.jpg) GK capped at U21 level by N.Ireland. Signed from Bolton for £725,000, he has a talent for free-kicks that I hope will prove fruitful in the future and my scouts say he might become a "good Premiership" player in the future. I wanted to sign 2 young British keepers as back-up to Nordin and he is the first. I hope that he will be here for years to come and with that in mind he is signed on a 5 year contract. that is important as he is "fairly ambitious" and if he develops quicker than the club then we may find it hard to hang onto him.

Benoit, (20). (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonBenoitProfileAug25.jpg)SC capped at U21 level for France and signed for £4M from RC Lens. He was the first player that my scouts found who had the potential to be a "leading Premiership" player. For the time being he wil playb in the Reserves and in the Cups fot he might get the odd senior run-out as the season progresses. He has the PPM "moves into channels" which I have not used before and he is signed on a 4 year contract that I will look to extend in January. He has a "fairly determined" personality but doesn't speak the language yet.

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 12:40
Skala, (23). (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSkalaProfileAug25.jpg) DC signed for £750,000 from Banik Ostrava. Has been capped at U21 level by the Czech Republic, (and is in the senior squad but hasn't been capped yet), and came highly recommended to me by fellow Czech Vychodil. Has a "fairly determined" personality but has the PPM "argues with officials, which i had not picked up on until now. He was my first signing that I really liked, (the others were more investments for the future), but has not had a great start to his career at Ten Ton. He doesn't speak the language yet.

Tales, (19). (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonTalesProfileAug25.jpg) DMC signed for £2M from Vasco. Ok I admit it. The main reason that I signed him was that he had soooo many caps at U21 level and was still only 19 I was sure that he would grap us the "most U21 Caps record". He doesn't look great but £2M isn't loads and he must have some level of ability to get that sort of International recognition in Brazil. I was also very aware that as he had dual Nationality, (Brazil.Portugal), I wouldn't have to worry about a work permit. I will play him in the Reserves and in the Cups and keep an eye on him. I'm quietly confidant. He is a "realist" and has the PPM "shoots from distance" and is said to be a similar type of player to Rlip which is good in my book as I quite like Rlip. He's only on a 3 year contract at the moment but i will look to extend that in January. He doesn't speak the language yet.

Abraham, (19). (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonAbrahamProfileAug25.jpg) Utility right sided player who I signed from Hull for £1.8M. The 2nd of my young Brits who I hope will form the base of our squad over the coming seasons. Capped at U21 level by England, his versatility is something that I really like, his "ambitious personality" not something I like at all. Only signed on a 2 year contract and that is something I will look about extending right this instant. Is already an important member of the senior squad and his versatlity makes him an ideal candidate for introduction from the bench.

Rasmussen, (19). (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonRasmussenProfileAug25.jpg) Utility left sided player who I signed from Brondby for £325,000. Capped at U21 level by Denmark, has a "balanced" personality and is signed on a 3 year deal. I will look to extend that in January. He is really a Scandinavian version of Abraham, (although not quite as good yet), although with Pedersend departure we are weaker on the left than on the right so he might get more opportunities.

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 12:44
John Pendleton (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonJohnPendletonProfileAug25.jpg) (18). Irish GK, (capped at U21 level), whom I signed fromMan City for £1.9M despite him not yet having played a senior game. I wanted another young British(ish) GK to cover for Nordin & Bell so that I could sell the other two that I inherited. £1.9M sounds a lot but I know that with these 3 we can just ignore the GK position for a while because it is sorted. He conceded 5 on his debut for the Reserves but I think that time may tell us that that is more down to the quality of a certain 16 year old Arsenal striker than his own deficiencies. He has a balanced personality.

David, (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonDavidProfileAug25.jpg) (29). Brazilian AMR who I admit was a bit of a panic buy when I thought we were losing Vychodil to Spurs. He cost £4.8M from Cruzerio, Is a realist so hopefully that will mean that he won't mind sitting on the bench now that Vychodil is still here. Another with dual Brazilian/Portugese nationality so there is no worry about a work permit. Although he has not yet been capped by Brazil or Portugal, he is currently in the senior Portugese squad. Doesn't speak the language yet.

Jeff Townsend, (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonJeffTownsendProfileAug25.jpg) (20). English AMLC that I decided to bring in on loan from West Ham to give us more depth on the left hand side. I admit that it was probably a bit of a panic decision as all the offers were constantly coming in but he doesn't cost us anything so there seem to be no risk at all. He will probably spend the season in the Reserves and will only play in the Cups if we are short of young numbers in that position. I also remember looking at the Reserves when making this decision and although I thought that we should probably be ok in the senior squad, we didn't have a single spare left sided player in teh Reserves so i suppose It was an investment for the Reserves league as well. I am playing the Reserve Leage games so that the team that I want to play plays and in the manner in which I want it. otherwise it is just too hard to oversee the development of the younger players. Time consuming though I must admit. Jeff is with us until 28th Jan.

Cannavaro. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCannavaroProfileAug25.jpg) (26). Utility left sided player capped at U21 level by Italy. I must have changed my mind about 10 times over this signing and in the end just thought "what the hell". You will see by the "." at the end of his name that I had initially decided that he was not good enough for us. I decided in the end that as he was available on a free, (he had been released by Atalanta), and as he was already at the club on trial, (so was obviously keen), then I would give him a go just to strengthen the Reserves, (as our youth products are just not up to scratch at the moment and I just plain hate losing, remember I am managing the Reserves as well). So although i am saying that he is not good enough for the senior team, (barring mass food poisoning), he was free, his wages aren't ridiculous, and will do a job in the Reserves. he is valued at £1.6M, You neve know I may even turn a tidy profit on him even after a deduction of wages. His "unambitious" personality makes him a prime candidate for this role which also sold me on him. He should be happy to play the role that i have in mind for him and I don't think that sort of experienced player would have been easy to find. He doesn't speak the language yet.

NepentheZ
31-08-2008, 12:47
Excellent Updates, Jimbo. With regards to Amoroso, I'd personally be tempted to reassign him to DC. I think he has great attributes for that role, and with some strength specific training, could really excel as a world class center half. Well done to Gaz, though on getting those three players on Free Transfers. With a current realistic sale value of about £12,000,000 - I'd say thats some great business.

Jimbo, lars looks quality, if for the lack of a physical side. He could be a real impact player for late on in games. :thup:

The rest of the signings look great too. A fantastic mix of young and old, and I especially like the look of Abraham, although he is another that I personally feel would be better suited in the middle of the park, perhaps a DM/MC

Great work, none the less.

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 12:50
David Turner, (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonDavidTurnerProfileAug25.jpg)(33). Utility left sided player with a wealth of experience who has been capped 90 times by Ireland. If he features in a legue game for us it will be the 16th consecutive season that he has featured in the Premiership:eek:. I signed him from Fulham, for a paltry £95,000. but it was at Newcastle where he spent 15 seasons, making over 50 European appearances in his career. (In case you don't know, Newcastle have finished in the following positions in the Premiership, 2rd, 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 8th, 10th, 3rd, 3rd, 7th). This guy was an integral part of one of the top English teams over the last 10 years and although he's maybe not as young as he was, his experience in the squad should prove invaluble, (even if at times it is only the Reserve squad). Has the PPM, "runs with ball down left" and had a "fairly professional personality. He is considering taking up coaching and I want us to hang onto him and give him this opportunity, together with James "legend" Dunn and Scott Smith. He has only been signed until the end of the season but i will probably look to extend that as long as we are staying in the Premiership. *Note* You do not give an experienced pro like this a poncey nickname.

Larsen, (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLarsenProfileAug25.jpg)(20). Utility defender/midfielder, capped at U21 level by Denmark. is a natural at DMC and WBR but can play at MC, MR, DR and is being trained to play DL. He could play for the seniors today at DR if needed. Signed from FC Midtjylland for only £35,000. He is "fairly professional" and has the PPM "plays one-two's". Again my fondness for utility players comes to the fore but that is just a bonus. He is a good young player who could do a job right now if he was asked. At £35,000 it was silly not to.

Kral, (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonKralProfileAug25.jpg)(31). A winger who can play on either side. Ok I admit it he was the last of my "panic buys" as I was terrified that Vychodil would be gone and we would be left stranded witout any depth out wide. He only cost £180,000 from Bolton and is only signed until the end of the season so although I may have been in a bit of a panic, at least I wasn't stupid with it. He's better on the right than on the left but lets be honest, hopefully the only selection headaches he gives me will be whe I am picking the Reserves. He's fairly professional and knows that he was brough in as back-up so it shouldn't be a problem him sitting in the Reserves.

GazTheDoood
31-08-2008, 12:52
Good signings there Jimbo.

Looks as though we have great strength in depth.

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 13:07
Excellent Updates, Jimbo. With regards to Amoroso, I'd personally be tempted to reassign him to DC. I think he has great attributes for that role, and with some strength specific training, could really excel as a world class center half. Well done to Gaz, though on getting those three players on Free Transfers. With a current realistic sale value of about £12,000,000 - I'd say thats some great business.

Jimbo, lars looks quality, if for the lack of a physical side. He could be a real impact player for late on in games. :thup:

The rest of the signings look great too. A fantastic mix of young and old, and I especially like the look of Abraham, although he is another that I personally feel would be better suited in the middle of the park, perhaps a DM/MC

Great work, none the less.

Nep. I've had a look at Amoroso, (as I'm usually pretty sharp at retraining players). His strengths are tackling, positioning, passing, crossing, bravery, concentration & workrate. That just screams full back at me. If I ignore that and look for what i would look for in a centre-half, then his jumping, determination and heading are all lacking a little.

I must admit that when it comes to creating specific training schedules for individual areas I am hopeless. I have never really got to grips with training schedules in FM:o.

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 13:15
How badly are we talking about?

Relegation candidates or just lower than last season?

Haha, it's better than that, it's only third at the minute but they've been berforming badly recently.

NepentheZ
31-08-2008, 13:22
Nep. I've had a look at Amoroso, (as I'm usually pretty sharp at retraining players). His strengths are tackling, positioning, passing, crossing, bravery, concentration & workrate. That just screams full back at me. If I ignore that and look for what i would look for in a centre-half, then his jumping, determination and heading are all lacking a little.

I must admit that when it comes to creating specific training schedules for individual areas I am hopeless. I have never really got to grips with training schedules in FM:o.

:thup: - fair enough, if thats how you feel. I don't think personally that determination has much of a factor in a DC any different to any other player on the field. Things for the DC role with Amoroso that impress me is obviously his tackling, work rate, positioning, concentration, and anticipation. He'd also be one of the quicker centerbacks in the entire division, and with some specialist training for Jumping and Heading, he could be immense. I do think he looks good as a DR, but I'd put him as a CB. Perhaps more so due to the way I play my football, where DR / DL are more like wingers than actually playing a defensive role.

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 13:36
Ok guys, I've made a decision and I'm gonna give you time to oppose it as I know that some of you like this guy.

Pedro is getting right on my tits and I've just had enough.

He keep going on and on and on and on about leaving and to be honest he's not playing great anyway. Now that the window is closed I am thinking that if I offer him out for a reasonable price and get a deal accepted that will go through in January, (or maybe even at the end of the season if I can wangle it), then I might get some decent play out of him while he is here. Otherwise he will just be a disruptive influence..

What I was thinking was something along these lines.

Fee. £10,000,000
% of next sale. 50%.
Arrange friendly.
£1M after 50 league appearances.
£1M after 1 International appearance.
£1M after 10 club goals.

If someone will pay me close to that then I think they can have him.

What do you guys think?

Pedro profile. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPedroProfileAug25.jpg)

Pedro coach report (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPedroCoachreportAug25.jpg), (from scout who has JPP of 20).

26 clubs interested. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPedroInterestedinAug25.jpg)

He's obviously going to be quality, but if he deson't play quality then what's the point.

He's only played 4 games for us this season and has made 3 mistakes. None have been punished with a goal but that's not the point.

Anyway, anyone who has managed or is down to manage Ten Ton can let me know what they think.

Dava
31-08-2008, 13:54
4 years on his contract, with a little bit of success he will be happy...

I would personally keep him as he looks like he will be one of the very best centre backs in the game, in 2-3 years time.

GazTheDoood
31-08-2008, 13:59
Honestly, I liked Pedro, and with that potential, i'm not sure if getting rid would be the best idea.

Although, if the fee is right, like £20million+, then maybe - thats how much it would have taken for me to sell.

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 14:16
Looks like the players have got the act together (touch wood) as they've won the last 2 games 5-0 and 6-0 respectively against my 2 local teams. Anyway that's all I'm going to say until my update this evening.
Oh just to give you a quick run in of our last 6 fixtures (8 games to go atm) League position in brackets.
Arsenal (1st)
Sunderland(6th)
Pompey(3rd with game in hand)
Man U(10th but always tough)
Newcastle(4th)
Norwich(8th)

roberto922
31-08-2008, 15:22
Ouch, tough run in.

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 15:42
Ten Ton International highlights September 2025.

19 year old Billy Palmer scored his 6 & 7th goals in his 8th & 9th appearances for England U21's.

20 year old Larsen made his senior International debut for Denmark.

19 year old Rasmussen made his senior International debut for Denmark.

Dual national David gave up on Brazil and made his first International appearance for Portugal, (also scoring on his debut).

21 year old Pedro made his senior international debut for Portugal. He then followed that up by scoring from the spot on his 2nd appearance.

23 year old Roseberg grabbed his 6th & 7th goals for Sweden in his 8th appearance.

19 year old Tales made his 35th appearance for Brazil U21's.

20 year old Benoit scored his 9th goal in his 17th appearance for France U21's.

23 year old Skala made his senior International debut for Czech Republic.

NepentheZ
31-08-2008, 15:49
19 year old Billy Palmer scored his 6 & 7th goals in his 8th & 9th appearances for England U21's.

Could I perhaps have a screenie of him Jimbo? I'd love to see his current Profile page and History of last season to see how well he did. He was Exceptional as a 16/17 year old for me, and I knew he had something, so would be nice to see what he's been upto.

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 15:54
Vychodil has just not turned up for a 2nd game this season.

I don't mean didn;t play well. I mean went out on the lash last night and didn't arrive at the ground for todays game against Wolves:(.

Nep. I'l do you some pics of Billy at the end of the month.

OrientMartin
31-08-2008, 15:55
But, assuming we're around the top, it may be a good run in to have games against the clubs around us, and hopefully take points off them.

NepentheZ
31-08-2008, 16:09
Nep. I'l do you some pics of Billy at the end of the month.

Cheers mate :thup:

GazTheDoood
31-08-2008, 16:17
Vychodil has just not turned up for a 2nd game this season.

What a ****!

Is he really that gutted to be here, that he's turned to alcoholism?

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 16:20
Right I lied before about that being it until the update these are the standings with 3 games to go.

1st Arsenal Played:35 GD: +49 Pts: 82(Champions)
2nd Fisher Played: 35 GD: +33 Pts: 64
3rd Pompey: Played 35 GD: +24 Pts 64
4th Newcastle Played: 35 GD: +7 Pts 63
5th Man Utd(Never write them off) Played: 36 GD: +24 Pts: 60

Run in
Fisher: Newcastle (A), Pompey (H), Norwich (H)
Pompey: Arsenal (A), Us( A), Sunderland (H) (Sunderland should have been in Champions League Final!(They messed up the second leg))
Newcastle: Us (H), Sunderland (H), Colchester (A)
Man Utd: Colchester (H), Plymouth (A)

I'll update after each result

dafuge
31-08-2008, 16:29
That looks great, it could have been awful if Sunderland won the CL and we finished 4th though.

Holding onto 2nd would put us in the group stages of the CL, which would be a fantastic achievement.

dafuge
31-08-2008, 16:32
What happened in the UEFA Cup? I saw that we qualified from the group but I can't find anything after that.

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 16:37
What happened in the UEFA Cup? I saw that we qualified from the group but I can't find anything after that.
We got beat in the first knockout round by Kaiserslauten and their mint 'grey' striker.

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 16:41
Results

Fisher:1
Newcastle:4

Man Utd:3
Colchester:0

Arsenal:3
Popmey:0

That means Newcastle leapfrog both us and Pompey.

Bad news is that the team is ****ed off at me because I fined Popov for getiing sent off. Why?! We were already losing 3-1 and it was in the 91st minute he had no need to get himself sent off.

PaulHartman71
31-08-2008, 16:46
Great result Mikel :thup:

Mon Softies not getting Champions League football!

dafuge
31-08-2008, 16:49
Looks like a win against Pompey could all but guarantee CL football next season.

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 16:55
Results

Fisher:3
Pompey:4 :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sunderland:1

Means the Newcastle are on 69 Pompey on 67 were on 64 and Man Utd are on 63.

I'm going for my tea now so you'll have to be kept in suspense longer.

dafuge
31-08-2008, 16:57
So we need to equal or better Man Utd's result to stay in 4th?

Norwich at home sounds like an easy game, is it?

PaulHartman71
31-08-2008, 16:59
Another loss \o/

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 17:02
Any Ten Ton managers out there, I wouldn't get too gobby if they don't finish 4th because I have just thrown a big strop and placed 5 of our senior squad on the transfer list:eek:.

Robert_296
31-08-2008, 17:02
Norwich were 8th with 8 games left so it could be tricky

NepentheZ
31-08-2008, 17:15
Results

Fisher:1

Man Utd:3
Colchester:0

Arsenal:3
Popmey:0

That means Newcastle leapfrog both us and Pompey.

Bad news is that the team is ****ed off at me because I fined Popov for getiing sent off. Why?! We were already losing 3-1 and it was in the 91st minute he had no need to get himself sent off.

Results

Fisher:3
Pompey:4

Sunderland:1

Means the Newcastle are on 69 Pompey on 67 were on 64 and Man Utd are on 63.

I'm going for my tea now so you'll have to be kept in suspense longer.

I don't know what I'm happier about. 2 losses on the trot, the campaign falling apart at the death, or the fact that after so much hype, you may well end up stuck in the EC :D :D

Any Ten Ton managers out there, I wouldn't get too gobby if they don't finish 4th because I have just thrown a big strop and placed 5 of our senior squad on the transfer list:eek:.

Shouldn't that be something you discuss with us first, Jimbo??

GazTheDoood
31-08-2008, 17:20
Jimbo, what happened?

dafuge
31-08-2008, 17:23
Jimbo's our man on the inside, he's a softie really ;)

canvey!!
31-08-2008, 17:27
So all that time he was away he was in your secret training camp?

roberto922
31-08-2008, 17:29
Yep we were softening him up :D

NepentheZ
31-08-2008, 17:32
Yep we were softening him up :D

Very clever. :thup:

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 17:43
Down worry guys, there is a method to my madness.

Being placed on the transfer list is not the same thing as being sold.

They are all unhappy because I won't sell them so if I keep on going as we are then I will just make them hate me and will get nothing out of them. At least this way, they will have to play well to try and earn the big move that they all want.

If any of the "big boys" get sold it will be for a value that nobody can complain about.

As for me being a Southern Softie at heart, I actually applied to manage the Softies, (as I am a Londoner), but they didn't want me and I was instead given the opportunity of a life-time to manage the magnificent Ten Ton. Now I am a Northener through and through, (by eck). See;).

NepentheZ
31-08-2008, 17:45
Also a Londoner here, Jimbo, but my ties lay with the Monkeys due to Paul Wallace being N. Irish (Which I can only assume is the grounds of which he was assigned BSN and Roberts BSS)

dafuge
31-08-2008, 17:48
Danny Roberts was actually from Nottingham, possibly making him a northerner :(

NepentheZ
31-08-2008, 17:53
Well isn't this all backwards :D

GazTheDoood
31-08-2008, 19:01
Just a bit :D

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 19:09
Kicking off now :S

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 19:10
1-0 Norwich :(
EDIT: 1-1 get in Giacomelli
EDIT2: 2-1 Norwich scored by Cromie a player I bought in :(
Edit3: Yesss Hoxha 2-2
3-2 goooo Giacomelli!!
4-2 Hoxha you beauty!!
HT Fisher 4 Norwich 2

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 19:15
5-2 Buxton It's party time now :)
6-2 Hoxha hat-trick :D :)
7-2 Hoxha again!!
Penalty! Rinaldi to take
EDIT: Missed it but who cares
FT: 7-2 win but Man Utd lost anyway :D
4th isn't bad
EDIT: 17.5mill for coming 4th helps a lot

OrientMartin
31-08-2008, 19:17
Brilliant!!!! What's the table like now?

Living_Legend
31-08-2008, 19:19
wow! What a final game!

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 19:20
Brilliant!!!! What's the table like now?

We came 4th you'll see the final table in EOS update

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 19:23
What date do I leave the save game on for the next person?

OrientMartin
31-08-2008, 19:23
Great!! First team in the champions league.

dafuge
31-08-2008, 19:35
What date do I leave the save game on for the next person?

The day after the last league game is good, gives them plenty of time before the new season then.

Great work on getting into the Champions League :thup:

Is that Dean Cromie you've signed?

I looked at him last season, I have a feeling he was at the club before, it might have even been me who sold him in my previous season.

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 19:38
The day after the last league game is good, gives them plenty of time before the new season then.

Great work on getting into the Champions League :thup:

Is that Dean Cromie you've signed?

I looked at him last season, I have a feeling he was at the club before, it might have even been me who sold him in my previous season.

Ok it's a few days on from then but not too much
Cheers was a bit gutted how it ended though
I was the one who bought Cromie to the club that's what I meant
EOS report coming soon but you all know how it ended so it's mainly going to be a squad assesment for the person after me.

dafuge
31-08-2008, 19:40
Ah right, I misread it.

The coaches always raved about him but he never looked like improving or playing well, he looks like a different player now.

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 20:03
EOS report

Well you all know how it ended which us kepping fourth with that big win at the end here's some screenies for you all.
Table (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/table-1.jpg)
Graph (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/graph-1.jpg) You can see how we fell away a bit at the end
Squad (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/squad-1.jpg)
Transfers (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/transfers-2.jpg) Mostly youth prospects (Warning to manager after there will be 12 players coming soon :) but they're mainly youth a people on frees to be sold for profit once they've matured)

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers: Critescu is a brilliant keeper and is wanted by A.C. Milan. Only 23 so should be at the top of his game for years to come. Backed up by Hardy who is a Fisher legend after there for so many seasons and can still cut it. O'Hanlon is a young keeper with all the potential in the world.
Diagnosis: All set for now and the future

Right Back: Arias is a very solid footballer and will do a good job. James is very capable back-up and Guttierez and Holomek are up and comers.
Diagnosis: Good but not exceptional

Left Back: Rinaldi is decent but is mainly there for his set peice prowess so could be replaced. Roome is a young back-up but doesn't have enough pace for me (neither does Rinaldi) A couple of youth prospects with Felipe looking very good for the future.
Diagnosis: Could be improved

Centre Back: Kovarik is a very good centre back and his partner Laurensen will get better with time but is already good. Jeffrey and Bora are very capable back and Remon is one to watch out for in the coming years.
Duagnosis: Seems all set but if a very good one becomes available he should be bought and one of the others sold.

Right Mid: Buxton is a very talented player and is only young aswell. Remy doesn't cut it for me and I would sell him if a replacement could be found. Eder could be ready by then to back Buxton up.
Diagnosis: 1st team fine back-up needs work

Left Mid: Snodin and Cardozo are both excellent wingers. Cardozo just got the nod under my management. Apart from that only 2 other players play this position.
Diagnosis: All set

Defensive Mid: Mascia is a very good player in this role. Nyagolov is ok but I feel there are better out there. Of course it depends what formation is played.
Diagnosis: Better may be out there

Attacking Mid: Popov was immense for me, a top player. Beyond him there are Stepanek and Iacob. Stepanek is Ok but he's got room to improve. Iacob is probably out of his depth but I couldn't bring myself to sell him because he's my favourite player but he isn't good enough really. Young Italian in the reserves looks like he has good potential.
Diagnosis: Better back-up needed.

Strikers: Hoxha is immense and to be kept at all costs. Giacomelli and Moreira fight for the other place. We were top scorers in the league so I don't know if it was the tactic or what but the scored a lot. Mot and José look like good prospects.
Diagnosis: Good goalscorers may be able to be improved.

There are other players needing work permits still so do with those what you will. (and more coming :))

Note to following manager

You don't have to take my advice above I was just trying to help. Also it may seem like there are a lot of crap young people in the reserves but give them till they are 23 or so then make a decision on their future as I think they all have a future

Save game coming soon

Tilla
31-08-2008, 20:08
I am here but i dont want to do the next season because it will be my first and i dont think it will be very fair so i'll leave it to the next one :thup:

Well Done Btw

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 20:11
I am here but i dont want to do the next season because it will be my first and i dont think it will be very fair so i'll leave it to the next one :thup:

Well Done Btw
Don't worry I'm usually a poor manager in the big leagues so am surprised, nobody really minds if you don't do that well and I'm sure you'd do fine anyway.

Living_Legend
31-08-2008, 20:19
Tilla, as much as I'd like to have my go as soon as possible, the point of the ads were to get new managers in and anyone who has already managed the softies is at the back of the queue to manage again.

As long as you do your best, that's all anyone can ask.

Mikel LUFC
31-08-2008, 20:26
Save Game (http://rapidshare.com/files/141618709/SouthernSofties.fm.html)
Also I would like to be put to the back of the list (if it is still going by then)

Good luck! :thup:

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 22:39
Ten Ton September 2025 update.

Reserves. Ten Ton Reserves 4 Fulham Reserves 0.
Paul Watson (MR) (2), Rosenberg (SC) & Skala (DC)

With International week upon us, even our Reserve squad was decimated with unavailablities as many of our youngsters travelled to meet up with their International squads. I really just wanted to get some of the new guys fit so Turner & Larsen made their debuts for the club in a game that most of the 1087 crowd, (that's a decent number isn't in?), expected us to lose. I also strengthened the Reserves with Rosenberg from the seniors, (I just want to get him in the goals again).

West Ham Reserves 2 Ten Ton Reserves 1.
Mark Perry.

We shaded the first half without a goal being scored, but then were pretty much hammered in the 2nd half as West Hams quality and fitness shone through. Chris Clarke played well up front as the lone TM and Smithy*** and Jamie Phillips showed that our youth products can do ok at the back. A good performance and simply beaten by a better team.

We are playing Wolves today and Vychodil hasn't shown up. that's the 2nd time he's done it. First it was the West Ham game and now Wolves. I am worried that it is disrupting the other players, (as Nordin, Okolie, Pedro, Henriques & Perry are all unhappy at not being allowed to move), not to mention that I have just lost my right winger for todays game. I'm seriously seriously considering getting rid of all the trouble makers who keep shooting their mouths off.

League. Ten Ton 2 Wolves 2.
Carrilho (27 & 38).

MOM Carrilho.

Wolves start like an absolute train and in the first 25 minutes they have hit the post, had a goal disallowed and Nordin has made 3 top saves. We on the other hand look like half the players were out on the lash with Vychodil last night. Then on just about our first foray out of our half, Henriques plays in Amoroso down the right hand side, (Amoroso had overlapped David lovely by the way), Amoroso crossed to the near post and Carrilho picked up another £500 goal bonus. Good play gets them level at 1-1 before Pedro rolls out the red carpet and gifts them a 2nd. I've had enough of this and tell them to play more direct just to get us out of our half and immediately Carrilho grabs another £500 as Nordin just pumps the ball over the heads of the whole Wolves team and Carrilho again does the business. Wolves are defending high up the pitch and Carrilho has them on toast. Even as he gets tired in the 2nd half, (as you would expect), I have Billy Palmer on the bench who is just as quick. I put a few fecks into them at half time, tell them to play even more direct and hope that we can keep the ball away from Pedro enough to stop Wolves scoring. The Wolves GK makes 3 good saves to deny Billy Palmer the winner late on and it finishes all square. We need to be winning these sort of home games if we want to get in and around the European spots, but to be honest we played soooo badly that the only thing I feel is relief that we didn't lose. I am not a happy man.

Mark Perry (AML) got stroppy with me in the media about him wanting to "win things" and move to a bigger club. I told him that I wanted the club to progress bla bla bla but he stood firm. I've had enough of these mugs. Vychodil doesn't turn up for 2 games. Pedro turns up but then plays like he hasn't turned up and then this very average player is at it.

No more Mr nice guy.

I've been too soft on this lot out of defference to you lot. I normally rule with an iron fist and this time will be no different.

In the wake of the Wolves game the following players were all told that they had been placed on the transfer list and that i would seek to sell them at the earliest opportunity.

Pedro (DC). £20M +50% + friendly + £1M after 1 Int game + £1M after 10 league goals + £1M after 50 league games.

Okolie (DC). £10M +50% + friendly.

Henriques (MC). £10M + 50% + friendly.

Mark Perry (AML). £5M + 50% + friendly + £1M after 1 Int game.

Vychodil (AMR) is already on the list at his request at £30M + 50% + frienldy.

The only player who wants away but whom I havent placed on the list is Nordin (GK), because he is just too valuble. I will be stepping up my efforts to find a replacement and he will be placed on the list when I have signed suitable cover.

Reserves. Ten Ton 1 Crystal Palace 1.
Paul Watson.

A decent performance with an under-strength team due to me being a little careless. with a decent striker in the squad we might have won it. As it was the only striker with any pedigree was James "legend" Duff who was grafting away in midfield.

League Chelsea 5 Ten Ton 3.
Carrilho (58 & 62)
Billy Palmer (79)

A big Czech striker called Siegl absolutely destroyed us in the first half. He was completely unplayable and gave skipper Matt Vernon a torid time at the back. After 20 minutes when we were already 3-0 down I swapped Pedro and Vernon so that they marked the other striker but I'm not sure if it was a case of Pedro doing better or Siegl looking for glasses with which to sup his champagne out of. I mixed things up a little at half-time and thought no more about it. What did we have to lose? Then Rlip played Carrilho in with a lovely little ball and it was 4-1 and then almost immediately he stuck another away to make it 4-2. That's much more respectable I thought, I'll give him 10 minutes to see if he can grab his hat-trick and then I'll give him a rest and throw Billy Palmer on. Nothing doing with the hat-trick so on goes Billy. Next thing I know the ball is richocheting around the 6 yard box and it has only gone in off.... it looks like it went in off a Chelsea player. But wait, there is a little white dot under the blue one. It's Billy Palmer! So 4-3 now and we are back in with a shout. It''s all us and we are taking Chelski apart. Billy Palmer is in the box again, he shoots and the GK saves, he gets to the ball first and he shoots and... a defender blocks the ball and it hits the post and goes off for a corner. Is this the same team? The corner comes in and it's cleared but not properly. It gets stuck straight back in and it's more of the same. Come on. We're banging on the door. Let us in! We're in injury time so I beckon them all forward, It;s another corner. get the big men in there and give that big Czeck bloke some of his own medecine. The corner is cleared. we're short at the back. We've cleared it out wide, but it's been kept on by a Chelski player. The ball comes into our penalty area. Siegl wins it in the air. he reacts quickest..... Goal, (his 4th of the game). God I'm knackered. What a game.

David Siegl won 20 headers today. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonDavidSieglSep25.jpg)

In all seriousness, this is just part of the reason that I'm not overly keen on Pedro. I want a centre-back who is "the dogs" in the air and lets nothing past. Instead we've got a bloke who is quite good in the air and likes to take free-kicks and corners and penalties and play a bit. Buggar playing a bit. I want clean sheets and boring 1-0's.

It's a little like the Rio versus Vidic argument.

Rio is a much better footballer, waaaaay better.

But I know who I would want beside me if I was centre-half for Utd and it's not Rio.

Well the first of the unhappy bunch is on his way out of Ten Ton City.

Wolves made a bid for Henriques that slipped by without me knowing. It was for £9.5M up front and extras. I would have bit their hand off to accept it. He has been granted a work permit for the new deal and he will move when the window opens on 1st January.

Well done chairman.

League Cup. Preston 3 Ten Ton 5.
Skala (10)
Rosenberg (76, 104)
Billy Palmer (90, 120)

MOM Rosenberg.

How we didn't lose this I honestly don't know. We started off with our usual 4141 and kept it that way until half time. By that time we were 2-1 down, (both set-pieces), and we weren't looking as safe at the back as you woudl expect. Again I changed things around at half-time, this time opting for an attacking 442 formation with Rosenberg introduced in the place of Ikonen who had been pretty anonymous in front of the back 4. We were already much better, (despite the fact that I had to make a 442 tactic from scratch, I can't believe I have never saved one on FM09), but Billy Palmer was having an off day and he twice missed the target when 1 on 1 with the GK and hit another glorious chance straigh at him. Well as you would expect nothing is simple in this game so we made it harder for ourselves by conceding a 3rd. Again from a set-piece. We had conceded from a corner and an indirect free-kick in the first half and now it was a direct free-kick. Up and over the wall and into the top corner. Poor Bell didn't have a chance. We were still creating chances though and 10 minutes later Rosenberg slotted a chance away to give us just a sniff of a result. Henriques, (recently sold to Wolves for about £10M was introduced from the bench in the hope that he might be able to craft an opening. Instead it was route 1 stuff, (remember the tactic wasn't ironed out and I obviously didn't have the GK instructions set to feed DL as I would like). So Bell hooofed it up the pitch, Rosenberg headed it on and Billy Palmer ran on and stuck it cooly past the GK for a 93rd minute equaliser. I was well chuffed. I'm not sure if I was chuffed because of my tactical wizadry, because the youngsters had fought back so well, or because I had finally twigged that 4141 is all well and good but that you needed a nice little 442 tactic for when the two teams are pretty evenly matched but your strikers are much beter than theirs. Anyway, whatever the reason for my buoyant mood, extra time was on and we were still in the cup. Preston really threw everything at us and all 4 of the back 4 were now booked as a result of some last ditch defending. Just as I thought things were getting comfortable, disaster struck. In the 96th minute, Okolie chased his man out wide and rather than just staying goal-side and making him do something, he dove in and played the man and not the ball. He had already been booked and the ref didn't have a choice. We were down to 10 men but more importantly I had to work out what the hell to do tactically with the formation. I was pretty sure that we would score again if I left Rosenberg & Billy Palmer alone, (they had missed loads already despite the 2 that they had already stuck away. What the hell I thought, it's only the Suck Ass Cup and it's only the kids, let's go out with a bang! I moved both full backs in beside Skala at the back and pressed play with all 3 of my back 3 now on yellow cards. 8 minutes later Rosenberg stuck us in front with a powerful header and after about 3 cracking saves from young GK Bell, Billy Palmer made the game safe with a delicately placed shot past the hapless Preston keeper.

We may not be able to defend set-pieces but we are still in the Cup!

League. Newcastle 4 Ten Ton 2.
Carrilho (30, 79)

With only 12 minutes on the clock we have already conceded from 2 set-pieces. First it was an indirect free-kick and then it was from a long throw. What next? penalty or goal-kick? Carrilho notches his 10th £500er of the season when he robs the Gk after some good work harrying the defence. That next set-piece I was talking about has just arrived. Pedro has just given away a penalty. God he is playing crap at the moment. Thankfully they stuck it over the bar. It stays at 2-1 until half-time. Luckily Pedro is struggling with an injury so I take pity on him and take him off to save us both further embarrasment. I need him to play well if I'm gonna get a £20M bid for him. Just before and just after the hour marke we concede 2 more goals. the defending in this team has become non-existant. I blame the manager! With 12 minutes remaining Vychodil remembers what he's paid for and stands a lovely ball up for Carrilho to do his stuff for 2-2. I won't bore you with the details but needless to say, 2 more defensive abberations cost us goals and we lost 4-2.

Comment in the media after the Newcastle game. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPostNewcastlecommentSep25.jpg)

Then Chairman has gone and undone all his good work with the Henriques deal. He has gone and accepted a bid of £9.75M + clauses for Pedro. I was looking for £20M but would have settled for £15M(ish) I think.

To make matters worse, now the chairman has gone and accepted 4 knock down bids for Vychodil. A month ago I was turning down bids nearing £20M and now he playing like a c*nt and the chairman has accepted 4 bids of £9.25M + clauses. How the hell do they know what eachother are bidding? It's a fix I tell ya. A fix!.

I'm a bit gutted by all this actually. I should have sold Vychodil in the last window and the chairman might not have accepted the Pedro bid. I know you guys don't want either of them sold, (especially Pedro). I think I am just gonna let the Vychodil go though, (he's not interested at all now), but I will see what I can do about the Pedro deal and then maybe loan him out to one of the big European boys who were after him.

Any ideas feel free to offer them.

Premiership Table. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPostPremiershiptableSep25.jpg)