Advice on selling a player

Like the game so far, anyone willing to give advice on selling a player though?

I hate Kieran Richardson irl, I want rid of 'im as soon as poss, obviously not for ridiculously cheap though. He's valued at 3.8 Mil. When I offer that to clubs I get this back:

As things stand, no clubs considers a deal for KR viable.

Udinese/Norwich feel the wage demands are too high.

FC Bordeaux feel they need to reduce their current wage bill before they can make an offer.

Nowrich arentl willing to pay the transfer fee.

Bordeaux/Udinese feel the player doesnt have suffient intrest in joining them.

I spoke to Richardson before I put him on transfer list and he said it was fine.

Any advice?

you simply need to lower the price until you find a buyer.

If you have good reasons to sell him, other manager's may have good reasons not to value him the same as you. If he hasn't been a first team player / playing regular then they wont gamble with money. Try a reduced price

I find that the desire to sell a player does not always match up with other sides desire to fill a need. I have better luck getting a player moved at a price that I am comfortable with either in early December or even more so in the last month of the season. It's frustrating to be sure as there is no greater joy than selling that player you can't stand within the first week but sometimes it's better to loan them out (with a offer to buy) and/or sell them later when you can get more in return.

Not sure a lot of teams can afford their contracts or have a pressing need at that position.

Are you serious? Not a lot of teams need a proven striker or a classy midfielder? (forget Joe Cole :D)

AI teams should be able to take into account a player's potential resale value versus their current wage packet. Carroll is a young England international who has already been sold for a massive transfer fee. Recieving him on a free would have very few downsides. Even if he didn't really fit into the team and you had to pay him 60-120,000 p/w, he'd obviously be a very saleable asset somewhere down the line.

But the ai never seems able to think strategically like this and their purchases are rarely, if ever, as ambitious as those of a human player.

i hate it. I understand that if you set him as "Not Needed," clubs will understand that you might be willing to lower the price a little more. However, why do we even have this system? I mean, when offering a contract, I hate that I have to set their squad role so I can get them to sign. Then, when they end up not playing as many games as they were "signed for," they complain. This NEVER happens in real life, and I have no clue why it's in FM.

No clubs don't know if you are desperate to sell a player unless you release a press statement about it, which few managers do, so why is it that when you want to sell a player, every club knows that he is not needed? The selling club just tells how much they want for them, and the buying clubs just buy. They don't need the specifics if he is not needed, or what squad role he has. I guarantee you if you tried to sell Lavezzi and set him to "Not Needed," you would get half his value or just loans. This is ridiculous.

tl;dr

Get rid of the Squad Role system. It will make selling players and signing them a lot easier.

i've just sold Arshavin to PSG for 10 mill(have about 70 mill in the bank) to fund a move for Gotze only problem is dortmund want 112million for him he not worth anywhere near that amout maybe 30 million at most given he he unproven in the epl

ahahaha. 10M. :lol:

anyway, the reason they will sell Gotze for 112M is that's how much they want him. They don't want to sell him, but that's how much you have to offer. In these cases, you can negotiate for days before they drop it by at least twenty million. Even then, it's still a lot. So you could put 95M on him, non-negotiable, and they will decline, even if they negotiated for 97M or something.

Either way, 96M is waaaaay too much.

Yeah getting rid of players is really difficult, literally giving them away for free and still unable to sell them.

Who wouldn't want to sign some proven and fairly good strikers for a cheap price?

+ AI complains about wage demands, but when you have been rotting in the reserves for a year surely you'd be willing to take a wage cut. (then again agents always demand ridiculous wage amounts)

It's just totally unrealistic, SI have tweaked so many different features to give the game realism yet the AI fails miserably in transfers, as stated above. Hope some changes are made to FM 13 and I hope someone from SI sees this thread

Archived