how many of you guys are doing this...(right now)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Y@$H!:

all the time...ALL THE TIME!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Don't forget alt-tab switches windows icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Alt-Tab works all the time. Especially after lunch breaks. Man, almost all the guys in the office either get on the forums or play FM on their laptops.

After lunch, work restarts at around 1pm. But for us, work (sort of) ends at 1pm. Forum and FM galore! As long as everyone does their job and performs what their paid to do, then its all good. Don't tell my boss though. LOL!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chilliconcarnie:

you mean I come to work to actually work? icon_redface.gif

I once tried remote desktop-ing to my PC at home to play FM from work... but the speed of the interface was pants icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is quality!!!!

I work in research. Research requires creativity. Creativity is a fickle mistress and can't be rushed or forced. Lateral thinking or "thinking outside the box" are very useful for sparking off some new ingenious idea which wouldn't have occured to me if I was constantly slogging away working in a more methodical manner.

Therefore I come to these forums on and off throughout my working day whilst, in the background my brain subconsciously turns over ideas, stimulated by my having changed tack to something totally different...so then when I return to working I have a bunch of brilliant ideas that I can swiftly implement and it all works out for the best icon_smile.gif

Well, that's my theory and justification anyway...it may be "a bit" flawed around the edges, but it'll do icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

I work in research. Research requires creativity. Creativity is a fickle mistress and can't be rushed or forced. Lateral thinking or "thinking outside the box" are very useful for sparking off some new ingenious idea which wouldn't have occured to me if I was constantly slogging away working in a more methodical manner.

Therefore I come to these forums on and off throughout my working day whilst, in the background my brain subconsciously turns over ideas, stimulated by my having changed tack to something totally different...so then when I return to working I have a bunch of brilliant ideas that I can swiftly implement and it all works out for the best icon_smile.gif

Well, that's my theory and justification anyway...it may be "a bit" flawed around the edges, but it'll do icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same here, mate icon_smile.gif

Archived