Recommended Max players loaded

At the start of FM11 and I think towards the end of FM10, I regularly went over my recommended limit of 125k players usually had about 180k most of the time. Whilst the game processed quickly enough for me, it isn't ideal if you wish to have a long-term save as usually if you get a few seasons in it'll become really slow. The best thing to do is to see what's best for your computer/laptop and see what you can handle :thup:.

Reason is im asking is i want a journeyman save in fm12. based on fm11 i was recommended 75k and all europe leagues loaded with large db is 121k. I think my laptop could handle it but long term i was thinking i could remove leagues from the save if it gets too slow

That's true. Removing leagues will certainly help with loading times this year so in theory you could probably get away with loading a few more players. Hadn't thought about that :D

I always go about 20,000 player over the recommended limit without much problems but my year long save (I only do one per FM release) only usually gets to about 2018 at best.

You could always add a bit more ram if you're computer allows it. I think 4gb is maximum with windows 7 32bit but you can have much more than that with 64bit windows.

I've got a quad core processor with 8gb or ram and I suffer a bit of slowdown with about 80,000 player loaded but it's not much.

I always load all the players by customizing the database, and telling it to load all players from all continents. That means 300k players. In my experience it doesn't affect the game speed too much, it's really the number of leagues loaded that have a large effect.

Yeah, it depends on your PC of course (or laptop or whatever :p).

For this FM I have and AMD Phenom II x6 3.7Ghz (overclocking) plus 8gb RAM 1,6Ghz dual channel (running w7 x64)...I guess with that I could be pretty comfortable chosing main leagues from europe and some from south america.

The career mode (i.e. removing leagues) is for journeymen saves like yours. By removing leagues you've finished with when you move countries, your database size will never get too big.

As others have said the game's recommended minimum, just like the star settings are set VERY conservatively. You can go pretty far over the limit and only experience a little slowing.

I always load all the players by customizing the database, and telling it to load all players from all continents. That means 300k players. In my experience it doesn't affect the game speed too much, it's really the number of leagues loaded that have a large effect.
How many seasons did you get out of that save? I ran an all leagues/all players save, the player count was 311,000 at the start & the save was dead after 5 seasons.

Unfortunately there is no way that the programme can handle a long term game with that many players & it doesn't matter how much RAM you have thrown at your PC because FM is only 32bit so it cannot address more than 2GB.

• Administrators

If you go over the recommended limit, depending on the system you're running there is potentially a chance the save game could suffer from memory issues later on, and there's nothing we'll be able to do here to help. The game could potentially become corrupt. I'm afraid that's the risk you're taking if you do go over the limit. Thanks.

Best option is "custom". The recommended limit is a little too limited, never actually giving a certain number as correct. It did in one version some yrs back but since then its always been incorrect.

By choosing custom, you can add whatever areas you're interested in, South America, Europe or whatever.

My concern would be what happens with switching leagues on and off, will this likely crash the system as it will forget players added into the database?

My concern would be what happens with switching leagues on and off, will this likely crash the system as it will forget players added into the database?

My guess is this is why SI took a whole year to test this new feature, to make sure there are no scenarios where it might crash (unless an unofficial database is added, possibly).

Archived