3D Match Engine/High-Level Detail

How many of the users on here use the highest level settings for the 3D match engine? I'd like to be able to watch my matches in the best quality possible but due to my laptop not being particularly powerful I find the 3D match engine on high quality to be a bit jumpy. If I was to purchase some more RAM for my laptop would I experience smoother gameplay? I currently only have 2GB of RAM by the way. :thup:

My iMac (2.66 core 2 duo, 4gb ram) can barely handle the Medium graphics setting without lagging, and the high setting is unwatchable. I think the problem might be a poor video card. I'm using NVIDEA GeForce 9400, and I understand this is a fairly low end graphics card. So I'm not sure if and extra 2gb of ram will help you much, I would consider your vram in the equation as well.

I CAN run the ME in the highest detail and run the game in full HD - However, I have a 23" screen and when you put the game in full HD, the whole 'feel' is aweful.

The matches look ok to be fair, but any other screen is weird. Like all the fonts are too small and nothing is the right fit for the screen.

So I'm forced to run the game and therefore ME without full HD...

2gb is not enough, you need 4gb to run smoothly, especially when you load a lot of leagues and players

Increasing the RAM won't help him in the graphics department. In most £500 and below laptops, the GPU is integrated into the chipset and they are usually dire to say the least. A better processor and more memory will help the amount of data that can be loaded and processed, but for better graphics capability he will need a new laptop.

I'm not using a laptop, granted, but even my computer with a 3 core processor and 8 GB of ram would only run the ME on medium. Why? Because my graphics card was integrated into the motherboard just like a laptop. But as it's a desktop I was able to upgrade that and get a good graphics card. I paid under $100 for my card but now I can watch the ME on the highest detail with no lag.

You need a standalone graphics card for it to run smoothly.

I play on an i7 2630, with 6gb RAM, 2gb graphics card (mid range) and can play fine on the Highest level with Depth of Field turned on.

To make it run more smoothly you need a mid range to high end graphics card.

was thinking i can run 3d at highest level, but ppl are mentioning hd? so am thinking would it be also depend on my monitor? my monitor isnt hd ready..so when am running 3d on highest level arnt i getting the best out of it by not using a hd ready screen?

Archived