New game needed!!

Help!

I really need a new save. I'm using Wallys update but I'm still finding it difficult to get excited about any saves I go for...

I've tried top end teams, medium range teams and sides from the lower divisions.

I think I'd like a side playing in Europe that's not from a top league, but from one that's still competitive. A team that's capable of challenging in their own country without having to be the best, but still some distance away from being challengers in Europe...

Pick me some names out and I'll keep you updated with my progress!

I often start a game and let the computer pick a random team. I keep an eye on the finances and see when RICH comes up. If it's too big a league I carry on searching. If it's an obscure league or obscure team from a league I wouldn't normally manage in I go for it.

One of my most interesting saves was when I included the South African league in the normal game setup which I never did before. And Kaiser Chiefs came up (can't remember if they were rich) but I enjoyed playing.

Hey I know it's not Europe. But it's an interesting choice.

As I went back to this before I knocked out some obscure European leagues that I run, kept Portugal to 1 division, France to 1, Germany to 2, Italy to 2, England to 3, and so on.

This enabled me to add more African leagues.

So had about half and half of Europe and Africa and it was interesting to play the game like that.

definitely tried parma its a great challenge having to build a team after all those players that were on loan have left and crespo is like 100 years old, its hard but a challenge is always welcoming, and if thats not enough why not try the challenges threads

Any Top Division club in Norway should work well...

Low budget, modest appeal and high fees for newgens will provide an interesting challenge, at least until you qualify for the CL Group Stage and can pretty much walk away with the domestic title thanks to the prize money.

Granted, if you pick a midtable act with a small stadium it's going to take a while before you can challenge for the CL... better if you pick one not playing in Europe in the first season. (albeit as a non-seeded club you'll get your ass kicked by the Play-off round anyway ;))

Well after much thought I've made my decision!

Using Wally's update I've loaded up the top two leagues in England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal, Holland and the Czech Republic.

I'm starting off in the Czech Republic as manager of Slavia Prague.

The squad is quite small, no European football and predicted to finish 6th in a 16 team division, and as always I've turned off the first window transfer budgets.

Bring it on!

Archived