A team to manage in England?

Hey folks...

Besides Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham,

could you guys suggest me a pretty good team in England to manage and why?

I would go City but they have too much money and a good squad so its not really a challange.

OORR

should i go with the lower division team?

I need something new.

Personally I would go lower if you always go big. I love turning a small club into the next man united. The lower the better.

If you want to stick to the prem Sunderland would be a nice option. Bromely from the conference has been my favourite the last few years, but you need to invest alot of hours into it. Even a championship team I find more interesting than managing an already established prem side.

Once you go lower league its hard to want to go back to the big clubs.

Middlesbrough in the Championship has been my latest save and is a decent challenge.

The squad is just about good enough to get promoted in season one if you stick with the starting players. The wage bill is a little high compared to your income so money is tight but the club has a decent stadium so when you get into the prem the club can grow quite well. I took 3 seasons to get promoted, trimming the wage bill and bringing in a some youngsters which probably made prem survival a whole lot easier by the time I got promoted.

peterborough utd, a few decent players, make some smart transfers to acompany zakuani, bennet, lewis, boyd and mccann and you can find a playoff spot in the championship (assuming you get promoted from league 1 which is easy) more than achievable plus, it would be a good challenge if you do get them to the prem

Aston Villa and Sunderland where very interesting saves for me. A lot of longevity in those saves too.

Takes a while, but Champions League final in about 7 or 8 seasons.

I think I won the title with both of them in about 6 or 7th season? Hard going, mainly pushed for Europe and Champs league places.

Although as Leeds fan, getting them back to top of the prem was very much great fun. Took about 15 seasons. I nearly took the roof off when I won the league on the last day of the season. I lost the game and was nearly crying cos I thought I blew it. But won on goal difference in the end!

blackburn is the way forward, decent young players good solid cbs in samba and jones, can do with building up their rep and a low transfer budget make it hard to get them into the top 6!! def rewarding challenge for someone like me thats played the game for years but still isnt great at it

Archived