Ca & pa

I wouldn't base your decision solely on CA/PA, I would suggest looking at the important attributes for his position. It could be that a player with 130 CA is better than a 170 CA, if his attributes are in the right areas.

I don't have FMRTE so I never look at CA/PA.

That'is one of the reasons of this thread though, because I have noticed that some players with a CA 120 are doing brilliantly in the EPL so I was just wondering what people considers a reasonable CA

That'is one of the reasons of this thread though, because I have noticed that some players with a CA 120 are doing brilliantly in the EPL so I was just wondering what people considers a reasonable CA

People are too focused on CA. It's all about having the right stats in the right positions.

One thing I've learned is not to trust stats and attributes, but instead use my own eyes and assessment. This of course only applies if you watch your games in 3D. If you don't then you are relying on numbers on a screen. But numbers are a guide only imho. Also as Kenco says, its where those attributes are thats the key.

I've lost count of the times where I've had, what on paper, looks like a very average to poor player, totally out perform players with much better ability and higher attributes... and do it constantly. And match ratings do not reflect what you see with your own eyes a lot of the time either. I've seen defenders be immense, midfielders win everything and set up goals etc, only for a striker whose done nothing all game to grab a late goal and get MoM. :confused:

Consistency, Determination, Teamwork etc are the most important stats. If a player has 18 for the first three but only a 130CA he will be better across the course of a season than a player with 180CA but only 5 for them. Consistency is one of the single biggest stats in the game for how it affects players.

It would be great to have CA calculated, not entirely but to some degree, based on position. It would help the AI evaluate the transfer market better, it would help you in scouting etc.

After all, CA is just an "arbitrary" number reflecting the overall ability of a player.

Edit:

Santy001

Couldnt agree more!

Determination & Teamwork is vital, among the first stats I check. Id never, ever, buy a player with below 10 determination no matter how amazing his potential is etc. (Unless I have amazing tutors and he is very young, but never ever ever players above the age 21 with less than 10 determination)

And consistency is what separates the true stars from the one-hit-wonders. Sometimes Im annoyed at how important it is. 15 Consistency vs 10 consistency makes a HUGE difference...

Archived