Do you think these are brothers?

A few things. They were both born in the same country, but different cities. They have different bdays by less then 6 months. They both have the same last name and they both were regens this year. One was from OL and one was from Paris Saint Germaine. I signed them both as they looked promising. They also play nearly the exact same positions and are nearly the same height/weight. They DON'T have each other as favorite personnel. Do you think this is some strange coincidence or do you think they're actually brothers?

2011072500002.jpg

2011072500005.jpg

2011072500003.jpg

2011072500004.jpg

Haha, did one get stuck up there for 6 months???

6 months is certainly not long enough to give birth, get pregnant and give birth again, back to the biology class with you.

Unless of course the dad was a naughty boy whilst his missus was 6 months pregnant, and the 2 have different mothers :D

I've seen brothers before, but these aren't brothers. A few things:

1. The age difference is too small

2. They are not in each other's favoured personnel

3. Where they were born

Simon and Darren Barratt, the only brother's I've ever seen. This was on FM09. Simon was 16 when Sheffield U18s play my Derby U18s side in I think the U18s cup, I can't remember though. It was at the end of August and Sheffield U18s were the first side to beat my youth side in about a year. I looked at the match and this centrehalf, Simon Barratt scored 3 goals (...the hell!), 1 screamer from about 40 yards and a header and a freekick. He was also beastly in defence. I signed him immediately of course. This chappy:

barratt2.jpg

He became one of the youngest ever England internationals and a key player for me by 20.

Two years later I got a kid in my youth side called Darren Barratt. At first I thought nothing of it, then I checked his personnel information to find that not only is he from Sheffield, but he had Simon in his favoured personnel list. I had hoped he'd be as good as his brother, but sadly no. He was a rightback, and I tried him out there, but no, he was rubbish. He ended up at Sheffield years later, as their captain. So I guess everyone was happy.

60477110.jpg

In regard to the OP: Brothers born 6 months apart, what do you think? Cousins maybe.

I wish they'd put something in the game to show whether people are related or not. Just to add depth to media interaction/player relationships etc. e.g. "Darren Bent admitted today that a major factor in his move to Fulham was the fact that his brother, Marcus, also plays for The Cottagers. Bent conceded that he may have been looking to play at a bigger club than Fulham but was looking forward to playing and training alongside his brother for the first time in [X] years.", "Rafael da Silva today spoke out against what he felt was the unfair treatment of his twin brother Fabio by manager Alex Ferguson. Rafael is cocerned that his sibling has been transfer listed and has warned that he may be looking to follow Fabio wherever he goes. The pair have played for the same clubs throughout their careers", "Speculation over possible nepotism in Anthony Edgar's proposed move to AC Milan is rife, with many pundits commenting that the Rosineri may be using the deal as a sweetner in their pursuit of Edgar's cousin, Jermain Defoe. Milan do have previous in this area, having signed Harvey Esajas and Chedric Seedorf whilst relatives were on the books at the club.", "Paul Sturrock has again enlisted the services of son Blair. Sturrock's move to join his father at Dunfermline Athletic signals the start of the third time the pair have worked together." etc...

^ Great potential with that and potentially is only another box to fill in for the researchers, although most likely a fair amount of coding is involved.

I had the Seleznyov brothers when managing FC Khimki in Russia. One a striker and the other a midfielder, both came through Zenit's U18's 2 years apart, would both win the Champions League with me and both rack up over 100 caps for Russia as well as winning 10 league titles, truly amazing players.

In regard to the OP: Brothers born 6 months apart, what do you think? Cousins maybe.

I wish they'd put something in the game to show whether people are related or not. Just to add depth to media interaction/player relationships etc. e.g. "Darren Bent admitted today that a major factor in his move to Fulham was the fact that his brother, Marcus, also plays for The Cottagers. Bent conceded that he may have been looking to play at a bigger club than Fulham but was looking forward to playing and training alongside his brother for the first time in [X] years.", "Rafael da Silva today spoke out against what he felt was the unfair treatment of his twin brother Fabio by manager Alex Ferguson. Rafael is cocerned that his sibling has been transfer listed and has warned that he may be looking to follow Fabio wherever he goes. The pair have played for the same clubs throughout their careers", "Speculation over possible nepotism in Anthony Edgar's proposed move to AC Milan is rife, with many pundits commenting that the Rosineri may be using the deal as a sweetner in their pursuit of Edgar's cousin, Jermain Defoe. Milan do have previous in this area, having signed Harvey Esajas and Chedric Seedorf whilst relatives were on the books at the club.", "Paul Sturrock has again enlisted the services of son Blair. Sturrock's move to join his father at Dunfermline Athletic signals the start of the third time the pair have worked together." etc...

Minor point(to what was otherwise a very good post), I believe that Darren and Marcus Bent are not actually brothers. Or even cousins. It's just a coincidence.

Minor point(to what was otherwise a very good post), I believe that Darren and Marcus Bent are not actually brothers. Or even cousins. It's just a coincidence.

hmmmm, I always thought they were ... having now checked Wikipedia it seems you're right (although we can't rule out Wiki being wrong). I know they don't exactly look alike but then neither do me and my brother, so... Well, whatever. Chalk that one up to experience.

For Darren and Marcus Bent, read Patrik and Phillip Twardzik

Yup, brothers definitely exist.

LOLZ

Do brothers actually exist? I'd like a screeny... I've personally never seen them.

I posted this slightly higher up in the thread.

3. Where they were born

Simon and Darren Barratt, the only brother's I've ever seen. This was on FM09. Simon was 16 when Sheffield U18s play my Derby U18s side in I think the U18s cup, I can't remember though. It was at the end of August and Sheffield U18s were the first side to beat my youth side in about a year. I looked at the match and this centrehalf, Simon Barratt scored 3 goals (...the hell!), 1 screamer from about 40 yards and a header and a freekick. He was also beastly in defence. I signed him immediately of course. This chappy:

barratt2.jpg

He became one of the youngest ever England internationals and a key player for me by 20.

Two years later I got a kid in my youth side called Darren Barratt. At first I thought nothing of it, then I checked his personnel information to find that not only is he from Sheffield, but he had Simon in his favoured personnel list. I had hoped he'd be as good as his brother, but sadly no. He was a rightback, and I tried him out there, but no, he was rubbish. He ended up at Sheffield years later, as their captain. So I guess everyone was happy.

60477110.jpg

3. Where they were born

barratt2.jpg

60477110.jpg

Which Sheffield? Wednesday, United or FC? As a Wednesday fan it really ****es me off when people call any of the Steel City teams by just Sheffield, even Sheffield FC should be given their full title, since they are the oldest FC in the world. Rant over.

Which Sheffield? Wednesday, United or FC? As a Wednesday fan it really ****es me off when people call any of the Steel City teams by just Sheffield, even Sheffield FC should be given their full title, since they are the oldest FC in the world. Rant over.

Honestly, I can't remember and it wasn't really the main concern of my post. I think it was United though, only because I can't remember ever signing a player from Wednesday. It's kind of sad as in FM they always get relegated in my games. In FM10 they and Preston were battling it out in the Conference. Interesting that you mention Sheffield FC though as the oldest football club since Wednesday curiously enough are actually an older club, however their footballing side is much younger. It's also now very sad to not even see a Sheffield side in the Championship...

Incidental, I do have a tradition when managing in England of having a preseason friendly with Sheffield FC. Also, I apologise for not naming which club. I guess it just slipped my mind which one and I ended up with a Neutral "Sheffield". It was more than likely Sheffield United.

Honestly, I can't remember and it wasn't really the main concern of my post. I think it was United though, only because I can't remember ever signing a player from Wednesday. It's kind of sad as in FM they always get relegated in my games. In FM10 they and Preston were battling it out in the Conference. Interesting that you mention Sheffield FC though as the oldest football club since Wednesday curiously enough are actually an older club, however their footballing side is much younger. It's also now very sad to not even see a Sheffield side in the Championship...

Incidental, I do have a tradition when managing in England of having a preseason friendly with Sheffield FC. Also, I apologise for not naming which club. I guess it just slipped my mind which one and I ended up with a Neutral "Sheffield". It was more than likely Sheffield United.

fair enough

Archived