I destroyed Robert Green's Career

Title says it all.

Backstory; I am the West Ham manager currently in my 2nd season and games 3rd (I holidayed the 1st year and made sure West Ham got relegated). I cleared out everybody from the club and kept all the kids, I couldn't sell Green as he was injured for 6 months. I signed Fraser Forster on loan from Newcastle with a view to a permanent move. So Green was in the reserves when he came back at the end of October. I tried to sell him in January but with no luck, so spoke to him and terminated his contract. Free agent and attracted the likes of Blackpool (survived relegation), but no move. Close season and I click on him to see if he'd been picked up. No, he was in contract talks with AFC Telford in the BSN. I mean Jesus, I screwed this guy over. Anyway A day later he has retired and is now an assistant manager at 32, unattached.

Sorry Robert.

You guys are being a bit harsh, he’s a great keeper that has unfortunately made a few errors for his country, it’s not like every keeper can be perfect. You English folk really can hold a grudge against your own ;)

Well thats what you get lose england a world cup ( yes i blame him , we would have got ghana in round of 16 and we could of won, we could of beaten suarez ( cant spell his country), and then i cant remember who they played BUT we woukd have won

Well thats what you get lose england a world cup ( yes i blame him , we would have got ghana in round of 16 and we could of won, we could of beaten suarez ( cant spell his country), and then i cant remember who they played BUT we woukd have won

The whole team was stale and going nowhere, one person does not make a team, sure, loads of people will highlight one players who seems to "carry" a team when I say that, but at international level, you have to have your entire team in reasonable form. Blaming Green entirely for a bad world cup is a bit silly.

The whole team was stale and going nowhere, one person does not make a team, sure, loads of people will highlight one players who seems to "carry" a team when I say that, but at international level, you have to have your entire team in reasonable form. Blaming Green entirely for a bad world cup is a bit silly.

Well i blame him , I need a villian to boo, tbh how has been this season always liked him BEFORE the world cup :p

Watching Green week in,week out for West Ham you see how good a keeper he is.Yes he's made mistakes for England but people seem to forget the save he made in the USA game that kept it at 1-1. Every England player underperformed at the world cup,Green made 1 mistake,a mistake that really shouldn't have affected the game,we should be beating teams like the USA. God forbid Joe Hart ever makes a mistake,the whole country will turn on him and ruin another England career.

Anyway, I also got West Ham relegated in 1st season to try a rebuilding session on a previous save.Sold the older players for a nice tidy sum and bought in some good championship players to line up along side the acadamy boys. Season started ok,played 13 won 6 drawn 4 and lost 3 before the save got corrupted!

You guys are being a bit harsh, he’s a great keeper that has unfortunately made a few errors for his country, it’s not like every keeper can be perfect. You English folk really can hold a grudge against your own ;)

My grudge is based on the number of teams he's single handedly got relegated from the Premier League yet people still say he's awesome.

My grudge is based on the number of teams he's single handedly got relegated from the Premier League yet people still say he's awesome.

and how many teams has he got relegated if im not wrong hes only ever been relegated with west ham and norwich, and he hasent done it single handedly. as for the world cup if rooney had been in the form that he is now nobody would of remembered greens mistake.

peoples always blame goal keepers for teams losing but no goalkeeper has ever kept a clean sheet in every game they have played in.

in my opinion strikers should be more to blame espescially in the case of englands aswful world cup last year. when even matthew upson scored more then rooney.

and how many teams has he got relegated if im not wrong hes only ever been relegated with west ham and norwich, and he hasent done it single handedly. as for the world cup if rooney had been in the form that he is now nobody would of remembered greens mistake.

He has never looked confident. I know he hasn't always had the best defence in front of him, but he seems to lack the resolve that you need to play in goal. If you get relegated conceding a record number of league goals, the keeper needs to step up and take blame too.

He seems constantly afraid of failure, but doesn't have the determination to ignore it.

Archived