Lowest team you've seen make it to the Premier League?

Just curious. So far mine has been Southend who've been here for 6 seasons going on 7 now. However the playoff final will be contested by Florist and the Dons. If the Dons win promotion they will be the lowest team at the start of the game to make it to the Premier League.

On CM 01/02 I took Donny Rovers from the confrence to premier league and won it, that was my best achievement and the longest I ever stayed at one club, took 12 years if I recall.

On FM08 the lowest team is Donny Rovers again but this time from league 1, only took 4 years, two straight promotions, then a struggle against relegation then won the prem on last day by one point thanks to four goals from Claudio Pizzaro (Still one of my FM heroes because of that!) in a 4 - 4 draw with Man u who finished third because of it a point behind Liverpool!

Go on Donny!!!

In pre season going into my 4th season, been hanging around the top half of the championship the last 2 seasons in 8th and 10th so hopefully now I can attract a few big names, been relying on Danny Haynes to shoot us up there but he's losing his touch I think. Just signed Manuel Fischer who was released by Stuttgart so hopefully he'l provide some firepower, and Cristian Nazarith my Colombian sensation has been bidded for by teams like Getafe, HSV for around 8 million after scoring a fair few in the last campaign. Got a strong midfield with Sburlea, free transfer Manuael Neito, Drew Surman and Junuzovic and defence is good too, just need a new left back as Iv had Lewis Stephenson who I got from Hibs, for 2 seasons now and he'l only ever be a steady mid table championship left back, he's never changed his mood from being unhappy that i rejected a bid from Forest either so he can go play for a sh**t team if he wishes and he'l be gone before the transfer window closes.

Any good left backs for championship promotion level around season 4 (2010/11) anyone?

I've not seen many teams make massive transformations in FM. The best performance I've seen from an English team was in a game where I was managing 1860, I met Swindon in the UEFA cup, they had finished 5th in the Premier League in 2011/12. I was even more surprised to find that my former Assistant was their manager icon_smile.gif

Going slightly OT, I have seen Sete make it to a Champions league Semi final after qualifying as runners up in Ligue 1. That is probably the best performance I have seen from an A.I controlled 'minnow' in FM as they start in the French National I think.

Best AI-managed performance I've seen (human managed clubs obviously don't count!) in FM 008 is Rimini would made it into Serie A and finished 9th with their little 7,500 capacity stadium and then followed it up the following season with another 9th placed finish including winning away to my Fiorentina team and away to Roma icon_eek.gif

I've seen some League 2 teams up there - most notably Wycombe who qualified for the Euro Vase first season up in 2016 (I've not seen them play through the qualifiers yet). Curiously, Leeds finished 4th, Stoke have been comfortably mid-table for three years, and this season saw Arsenal AND Man Yoo relegated. Man Yoo were in administration at the beginning of the season and the Gunners fell foul of it the previous year. Now Arsenal have been docked points at the beginning of their Championship season for going down the pan AGAIN.

Seen Stafford Rangers in League 1 though. That's some acheivement having watched them a couple of times last season IRL.

Oxford are currently in the premiership in mine.

Can't think of a lower one off the top of my head, although one season the premiership had 3 teams with stadiums less than 10,000 (Blackpool, Rotherham and Bournemouth).

On a similar note - the current uefa cup holders are... Derby!

(Coventry are also double-winners)

In my game, Brighton got relegated to League 2 in their first season then stayed there for 2 years, but have now just come up to the Premiership via the playoffs.

Millwall have also made it all the way up from League 1.

Otherwise there's no real shocks. The top 4 AI-controlled teams were Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Blackburn and Man U in that order.

I'm in 2018 btw.

Archived