Releasing player of the season

My idiotic fans inexplicably voted a right winger who by average rating was the fourth best player out of my regular first teamers as player of the year for last season. His only talents are that he can run pretty quickly, is reasonable at crossing and has quite a bit of flair (but not more than other contenders). He's been at the club a while; in the first season I took over mid season and we got relegated, he's rated as a good player for the division below by my coaches and looked way out of his depth at the higher level. He was very useful in the second season in the division below as speed rules in the land of the not very quick of talented full backs. Now his contract is up, and he clearly won't cut it back in the higher division and he definitely won't improve enough to be able to play at a decent standard so I want to get rid of him. Should I expect a huge backlash if I do? He is now listed as a favoured personnel too.

If the other players all like him, though, it may be beneficial to keep him. If I'm planning on selling a player like that, I typically do a quick check through all of my players to ensure that he isn't on anyone's favored personnel list (or, if he is, that those players are players I'm willing to irritate).

Can be tricky. In my first season I had a 21 year old left back who had a great season and got 'fans' player of the year'. Then for some reason the next season his attributes plummeted and he's only my 4th choice in that position. At the moment I've managed to avoid any confrontation by loaning him out. My hope is that by the time the next fans' choice is elected they'll have forgotten about him and I can sell him off.

I sold my player of the season for £500.00

He did perform well in BSS but then in BSP he just wasn't good enough so I sold him :thup: The fans didn't care as he hadn't got as far favoured personnel, but I did sell one of the clubs favoured personnel and they again didn't seem to care :)

Don't worry.

Archived