Chairman accepting, and I cant do anything

Tried to see if anyone else had put up a thread about this, couldnt find any when i searched but theres bound to be threads like this. Anyhow...

Im so sick when my chairman accepts bids for my players and i cant do anything about it. Im playing with IFK GBG in swedish premier league, and yes

I know thats a small league and theres bound to be players wanting to leave for greater deeds in other leagues. But ive built up a good finances and

me greedy chairman still thinks "yes money, gife gife" so he can spend another expensive holiday in the caribs... In the media before a game im able to

say what i think about the latest transfer and my opinion and relation between me and the chairman. But I cant find anywhere else to interact with the

chairman or board about not selling players so we have a proper chance in europe. Stop selling me players or im out. At least give us that!!!

Anyone else with the same problem and frustration?

Cheers.

It happens a lot in FM and in real life. A lot of lower league clubs survive like that. By buying a younger player or having someone play well and then they can sell for a decent fee and clauses at a later date. It is realistic and whilst there isn't a feature for you to interact(which would be nice!) Try to see if you can get your facilties improved. You have a bit of money and I know it's annoying when your star player/s get sold. But if you can improve the club as a whole. Whether it be through facilties or maybe signing two new players. Surely that would help the club improve?

It's one of the reasons which makes FM so fun to play.

And other side of the story is managers that buy players themselves and then demand that manager plays them. No names (*khm*abramovich*khm*) named, but you know what I mean.

I think in FM07 it was common that board informed you about their transfer expectations. For example they said that they expect you to bring at least one well-known player to the club. In case you didn't buy anyone, they just bought a player themselves.

But I cant find anywhere else to interact with the chairman or board about not selling players so we have a proper chance in europe. Stop selling me players or im out. At least give us that!!!

I completely agree. While I can accept that the chairman will go above my head and sell star players, I'd like the opportunity to issue an ultimatum to cancel the deal or I'll quit.

I think in FM07 it was common that board informed you about their transfer expectations. For example they said that they expect you to bring at least one well-known player to the club. In case you didn't buy anyone, they just bought a player themselves.

I'm so glad that was removed, I hated that feature.

Yeah I know it happens in real life and alot in the game as well. Love it myself when I play a bigger team and buy up all the youngsters. But surely there should be an option for us to interact with the board. "Do we want to sell youngsters and star players or

try to establish us back in the european leagues and try to hold on to our team" Being from Sweden and seeing all good players leave for more money, better play, in better leagues in Europe I know that its realistic and as you say a lifeline for lower league clubs.

But i miss that feature to interact.

I mean.. my economy is over the top. I got a 4,4 mil pund transferbudget unused, and im only spending 61 k a week where my budget is 141k. My balance is between 2-6 mil pund plus..

I spit my guts out when my chairman sells me my players...but yes I Love the game. ;) Hate the anoying agents as well ;)

It happens a lot in FM and in real life. A lot of lower league clubs survive like that. By buying a younger player or having someone play well and then they can sell for a decent fee and clauses at a later date. It is realistic and whilst there isn't a feature for you to interact(which would be nice!) Try to see if you can get your facilties improved. You have a bit of money and I know it's annoying when your star player/s get sold. But if you can improve the club as a whole. Whether it be through facilties or maybe signing two new players. Surely that would help the club improve?

It's one of the reasons which makes FM so fun to play.

Granted but there comes a point where the money can not be put to good use. If you are top of your league (for a few seasons) and your finances are constantly in the black, then why would you Chairman accept a transfer bid for one of your best players. A lot of the time, that best player is the best player you can attract to your club. To accept the bid is to weaken your team.

I have many times been at a club where there is money available, but there is noone that will come to me that would improve my time.

And other side of the story is managers that buy players themselves and then demand that manager plays them. No names (*khm*abramovich*khm*) named, but you know what I mean.

I HATED that feature, it was impossible to satisfy the chairman after a couple of seasons. I've told the story before about a game i had with a friend he was barca and the chairman decided he must sign a world class player, but he had already spent all his transfer budget, so the chairman bankrupted the club signing Rooney and De Rossi, a week later the same chairman released Ronaldihnio and Eto on a free, made so much sense....

I completely agree. While I can accept that the chairman will go above my head and sell star players, I'd like the opportunity to issue an ultimatum to cancel the deal or I'll quit.

Exactly, I mean we got a interaction to try to convince our starplayers to say in our team as we want to progress and be better, so why not with the board.

here you go mate, http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/261452-Don-t-want-your-chairman-to-sell-your-star-player-Read-here!

worked great for me!

even though it does happen IRL, its not as frequent as it is in FM and prices are way to low...

Alex Chamberlain is a good example, IRL the expected fee is around £10m plus clauses, yet in FM the chairman excepts bids of around £1.5/2m regardless of the financial status of the club!

I usually lose 3-4 players each transferwindow to this. I have accepted the fact that I have a small club that was debtridden when I joined it and that it is a realistic feature that the chariman tries to balance the books. It still annoys me but I wouldn't want the feature gone but as mentioned we need to be able to interact in this matter. I can only imagine how annoying it would be when you got solid economics.

Archived