Petition -- no new features for FM12. 12.0 should just be 11.4

Basically as it says in the title. This is meant to be a petition for those loyal users who would prefer no new features introduced for Football Manager 12. Rather, 12.0 should basically serve as 11.4. The goal for the FM team over the next 6 or 7 months should be to release a demo and box-version that is based on FM11, but as near as possible bug-free and improved in terms of realism.

FM11.3 is an unfinished product. Please, Sports Interactive, finish what you've started with 12.0.

"Signed":

1) SaintsCanada

I actually don't mind if people want to disagree with the OP, but let's elevate the discussion above "stupid" and "useless". Actually, comments like that are the height of irony when you stop and think about it. ;-)

Also, don't think that your experiences always reflect on everybody else's. I'm glad for posters who find 11.3 extremely enjoyable and playable. I've been playing since 01/02, and I don't find it that way at all. As somebody who has contributed a great deal of labour to the game in terms of North American leagues, I can assure you that for people who want to play those, and many other leagues, things are far from satisfactory.

Anyways, the point of the thread is not to bash, but to be constructive. I, and many others, believe the best way forward for the FM franchise is to take a year off from gimmicks and get things fully sorted. The main goal, in my opinion should be rules working properly (they aren't), bugs sorted out, and match-engine realism. Once those are all polished, then it's time to worry about introducing new features.

So, to repeat, feel free to disagree, but how about some thought put into it, please? Perhaps even some decorum?

even all members of this forum signed that along with their mom, dad, spouse, sons, daughters, SI will not ever ever bent to it.

you wanna vote ? vote with your wallet.

Have done for FM11, and that of course is plan B for FM12. But I'm hoping it won't come to that again.

No harm in posters letting SI know what they think about their product, and what they want for the next version. In fact, that's probably the main point of these forums. As you said, they don't have to listen, and I don't have to buy.

Well, I've already decided not to buy FM11.

I really don't get why is everybody being so immature and trying to derail the thread?

Is it not possible to have a mature discussion about this? You don't have to agree with me, but please everybody grow up a bit.

I don't see this thread generating anything but arguments and pain.

To the OP: SI operate under a number of restrictions regarding league licensing, which can result in leagues not being implemented as per the current rules. There is very little anybody can do about that I'm afraid. Furthermore, each section of the game is owned by different coding teams. Thus, not adding a new feature will not give SI more time to improve the ME, for example, because a completely different team will be working on that part of the game. The other team will have to become au fait with the programming of the ME before being able to contribute, which will eat up the very time you are trying to save by freeing them from new developments.

Further, all products must balance innovation with improvements to existing elements or the product will soon cease to exist. SI cannot risk stagnation through the removal of innovation. They need to strike a good balance between the two elements of product development. They might be able to better manage that balance, but to remove one side of it is never going to happen.

Archived