Squad Personality change

For several several seasons, I have had a determined squad personality and in recent times, it has become very determined and when I buy players I make sure that they will fit in with the squad personality or I tutor them until they fit in or sell them.

Suddenly the squad personality changed to highly professional and suddenly some of my players are now having to adapt to fit in. The core of my squad have been at my club for at least 5 seasons and my squad harmony is usually at least 90%

Anyone else have experience with this sort of thing, will they adapt or will I see some players falling out with other etc.

For several several seasons, I have had a determined squad personality and in recent times, it has become very determined and when I buy players I make sure that they will fit in with the squad personality or I tutor them until they fit in or sell them.

Suddenly the squad personality changed to highly professional and suddenly some of my players are now having to adapt to fit in. The core of my squad have been at my club for at least 5 seasons and my squad harmony is usually at least 90%

Anyone else have experience with this sort of thing, will they adapt or will I see some players falling out with other etc.

Yes, I often see changes in squad personality as I build a squad.

I presume it works in a similar fashion to individual personalities with several competing to be the standout one that gets displayed with preference given to some descriptions over others.

When determined/very determined were shown your players were only compared against that trait but it doesn't give you any information about other traits. Now that its changed to professional it doesn't make your players any less determined it just tells you that the ones that still "fit in" are determined & professional whereas the ones that are "adapting" are determined but not as professional.

I believe the only way to improve an individuals professionalism would be to tutor them.

Its also important to understand that its your whole squad including your youth players so if you've recently had a youth intake they can throw a squad personality off if several don't "fit in"

This is mid season.

My squads have always gone down the fairly determined/determined/very determined because of who I bought and the tutoring that I did. For it suddenly change to highly professional has kinda thrown me abit because very good players are now going through a period of adapting. None are having to do alot of adapting which is great but I'm just worried about possible squad harmony problems and consistency from players, I'm just hoping there is someone that has learned the hard way so I can do things the easy way! :p

So it depends on your youth as well? Because I've recently experienced this. So half of my first team are now struggling to fit in because most of my under 18s that have just come in are different to them?!?!

I tend to keep a core of 22 players that I can play one at home and one away, then 3 other players that are stand ins should someone get hurt. Basically this for me anyways creates a great team cohesion. I have never had less than 95% squad harmony. Although I do see throughout the years the team personality change from, highly ambitious when they are young to determined when they are in their mid 20's then to model professionals in late 20's early 30's. I try to find as many players that my scouts say are highly ambitious as well as have someone teach the youngsters every year. I typically keep the same 22 players for at the very least 7 seasons before I sell anyone off unless I find some players that could step straight in and have higher potential.

• 1 year later...
Is a professional squad better that determined?

My squad was "determined" now they are "professional, did they get slightly better or worse?

Neither.

Players can be both determined and professional. The balance of your squad must have been close to the tipping point so you haev either lost a couple of players who were very professional or gained some that were very determined to trigger the change.

Archived