Scoring keepers

Koki

I have a keeper called Muñez and a striker called Muñoz. Accidently I fielded my keeper as a striker. And he just scored in the derby against Hamburg :D

EDIT: And now he is concerned that he is not 'entirely comfortable' playing in that position.

Hmm.. but if I keep fielding him as a striker, he will have conceded 0 goals at the end of the season... tempting^^

Did you ever have your keeper score a goal?

not since CM4. I was managing St. Johnstone and had just got them promoted back to the SPL (this was about 4 or 5 seasons in and my first full season with the club) as Scotland was the only nation selected there seemed to be some very much over rated re-gens that the AI didnt seem to sign. So i snapped a good few up and had a very formidable midfield and a goalkeeper good enough for the national side number 1 jersey. We win a free kick just midway into our half and keeper comes and takes it.

He punts it forward aiming for an ageing Defoe who was never reaching it, a freak bounce later we had scored.

Also on CM4 i went a Division 3 club and had my keeper taking penalites, 4th top scorer for that season in the Scottish Third Division was a goalkeeper as a result. My pacey strikers just kept getting fouled.

I used to have my keepers on the penalties (and occasionally on the far post corner cheat), however as the game no longer has the number of goals scored by a keeper on their profile, it's not worth it. Used to be quite interesting to see how many goals you could get a keeper to score.

I used to have my keepers on the penalties (and occasionally on the far post corner cheat), however as the game no longer has the number of goals scored by a keeper on their profile, it's not worth it. Used to be quite interesting to see how many goals you could get a keeper to score.

ditto, i would always try to get my keeper to appear on teh list of top goalscorers for a season (never quite worked)

Have Julian Viafara (GK) for my FC Nordsjaelland save, with 17 Penalty Taking hes my main penalty taker!

I once had a theory that it was impossible for a GK to miss a penalty because he doesn't have some of the relevant attributes.

Turns out not to be true.

I've never had a GK score from open play but did once concede direct from a goal kick.

Archived